FayFay731

Prohibit stock ships from entering ranked

• You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.

27 posts in this topic

I am sure that many people hate seeing that stock Colorado on their team, especially during this ranked season. WG please do us a favor next time and prohibit players from entering battle using completely stock ships. This isn't for my sake, but for the players themselves, it helps the team and the player himself/herself if they don't get deleted in their stock Nagato or whatever. This would at least teach people to learn how to play their ship if they can't enter a ranked battle stock while earning experience to upgrade their ship. If this happens, I am sure the weeping player base that emerged from this season of ranked will be relieved if this happened.

-FayFay731

http://na.warshipstoday.com/signature/1004572361/light.png

But Stock Hull Coloradoes are such majestic creatures. 

You know, I played through the initial ranks of season five with a stock Bayern? 

That was fun. 

Nah it's not a big deal, its more about players not knowing how to use a ship well because they are new to it. Also some stock hulls have advantages over the upgraded hull like the Gneisenau has a different secondary setup on the stock hull. Let's not lock more players out of ranked just because they dont have all the upgrades.

Nah it's not a big deal, its more about players not knowing how to use a ship well because they are new to it. Also some stock hulls have advantages over the upgraded hull like the Gneisenau has a different secondary setup on the stock hull. Let's not lock more players out of ranked just because they dont have all the upgrades.

But this could encourage players to think about what ships they use, and WG loves to engage its players. Players may take ship choice into more consideration and players won't get annoyed when someone brings an Indianapolis to ranked (come on think of more bad ships).

Posted (edited) · Report post

Any ship can work in ranked, stock or otherwise, the captain is far more important. Some players also dont have more than one t7 to pick from anyway. The Indy is great this season thanks to the lovely rotating things on top of its mast that is actually useful thanks to the prevalence of smoke.

Edited by RipNuN2

Maybe just a battle limit rather than a stock prohibited/premium prohibited. Make so until they have, say 20 matches in a given ship, they can't use it in ranked.

Maybe just a battle limit rather than a stock prohibited/premium prohibited. Make so until they have, say 20 matches in a given ship, they can't use it in ranked.

Then I would have never reached Rank 1. Please read my previous comment.

How?

I saw one or two who admitted to it.

Players are stock at one point.

They want to play Ranked.

The only requirement is a tier 7 ship.

Quit whining, OP & deal with what the MM gives you.

The MM is what you should be whining about not a player who wants to advance himself/herself.

I'd rather have them prohibit premiums in ranked.

No.

I'd rather have them prohibit premiums in ranked.

Oh, you mean the players that actually pay to keep the lights on. Yes terrific idea. Whatever will the free to play locusts do?

They can't reasonably ban it, but players should know better, I think some sort of warning would suffice.

Don't worry, once in a while, you will find one such majestic presence on the enemy team too.

Edited by The_first_harbinger

I remember going through i think it was Ranked Season 2 or 3 (prob 3) with a stick pensacola, when she still had only 8 guns as stock... twas dark

^^^^^^^

Plus, stock ships are still capable of doing damage. You can have a clueless player in a fully upgraded ship and they can perform far under a skilled player in a completely stock ship. Even like Rip said, sometimes there are different modules that work better for different situations. Gnei is one, think of the Kirov as well. Stock hull has a scout plane which gives almost 20 if not slightly higher fire range and less AA, B hull takes away the plane for more AA. It is all in how the captain wants to play the ship and how skilled they are

Let's also prohibit...

• Ships without camo
  • Ships without flags
  • Ships without a 19 point captain
  • Ships that aren't the best in their class

I am sure that many people hate seeing that stock Colorado on their team, especially during this ranked season. WG please do us a favor next time and prohibit players from entering battle using completely stock ships. This isn't for my sake, but for the players themselves, it helps the team and the player himself/herself if they don't get deleted in their stock Nagato or whatever. This would at least teach people to learn how to play their ship if they can't enter a ranked battle stock while earning experience to upgrade their ship. If this happens, I am sure the weeping player base that emerged from this season of ranked will be relieved if this happened.

-FayFay731

http://na.warshipstoday.com/signature/1004572361/light.png

How about letting people play the game the way they want with what they have? Your just whining and crying because you can't have everything your way. Edited by Silvercoins

I carried a game in my Stock Pensacola on my first battle and got my first victory, and got two kills and did 35k damage. 

Your point is invalid.

I'd rather have the starting point at tier 6 and skip tier 7 the Col is a poor ship to be win a match with against cruisers and destroyers and way faster german and Japanese battleships.

Or give us a choice What tier ship we want to use to battle. if players want to use tier 6 New Mexico to start at rank 15 let them.

Thanks for you time .

Brian P.

Got two high calibers back to back in a stock Colorado some time before.

What say you?