_hat_

Remember when...

• You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.

26 posts in this topic

....Close Quarters Expert was something to be proud of and not something you earned while shaking the Cheetos crumbs off your shirt?

To me, CQE was always earned for teh lulz, and still to this day, it doesn't disappoint. 

I earn that award a lot and usually it's because I am having to engage multiple targets at once. :)

....Close Quarters Expert was something to be proud of and not something you earned while shaking the Cheetos crumbs off your shirt?

Good Times... I earn it all the time without even trying to

Posted (edited) · Report post

My first Close Quarters medal was A Long time ago. Was doing battle with a Destroyer and a Cruiser with my Cleveland, when me secondaries sank a low hp Carrier. Was so surprised and amazed that I got that medal. 

But now I own several premium Battleships who can collect CQE medals, heck I've gotten them with several cruisers. 

One day I'll achieve the Ultimate CQE medal which is done with a Kiev. 

LoL just remembered the Carrier Sunday that got a CQE off a low hp Hatsu with its secondaries. 

Edited by RedSeaBear

The last time I was proud of earning one was the time I got it with Texas.  That meant so much more than earning it in ships labeled "Made in German."

The last time I was proud of earning one was the time I got it with Texas.  That meant so much more than earning it in ships labeled "Made in German."

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Note to self: build that secondary spec Roon

I've gotten it with leander and several with   Konig albert  :D   it is laugh riot  at t3 to kill DDs with   secondary.

What was it 30% and the kill?

Can't remember...

My first Close Quarters medal was A Long time ago. Was doing battle with a Destroyer and a Cruiser with my Cleveland, when me secondaries sank a low hp Carrier. Was so surprised and amazed that I got that medal. 

But now I own several premium Battleships who can collect CQE medals, heck I've gotten them with several cruisers. 

LoL just remembered the Carrier Sunday that got a CQE off a low hp Hatsu with its secondaries. 

Before I got my Sharnhorst, most secondary kills were from my Cleveland.  Best one that I remember was my secondaries killed a low HP Atlanta while I was pasting 2 capping Japanese DDs.:izmena:

Lots of fun. :)

Now if only the USN secondaries had their historic rate of fire. Cleveland/Baltimore would be fun little DD hunters.

I also remember when Clear Skies was possible to achieve.

I think I remember someone getting it with a stock Umikaze in the old CQE system.

Tbh I earned quite a few with Amercan cruisers before the addition of german bbs... now german bbs are top with my brit cruisers following close after lol

If I get it with something German, it's not worth anything. If I get it with anything not German (especially with a CV), then it's meaningful, even if it still just is RNG.

What was it 30% and the kill?

Can't remember...

I think it was 40 or 50% back in the day

Batwingsix, on 20 March 2017 - 08:22 PM, said:

I think it was 40 or 50% back in the day

:great:

Edited by slak__

Well... I detonated a Minekaze with Hiryuu secondaries.

That something to be proud of?

Oh, wait, no detonation kill is something to be proud of.

Lol so have I in The Straights map when enemy DD decided to move in since I was sailing though narrowest island route so his Torpedo strikes were ineffective but so was moving in that close.

My favorites have been CQE's in the Katori, Yubari or some of the Russian DD's. I was shocked that the blind guys on that gun hit anything, much less killed something.

Now if only the USN secondaries had their historic rate of fire. Cleveland/Baltimore would be fun little DD hunters.

I also remember when Clear Skies was possible to achieve.

That is still in the game? :O

New medal to acquire in any teir 9 ship that is not a carrier. :D

Well... I detonated a Minekaze with Hiryuu secondaries.

That something to be proud of?

Oh, wait, no detonation kill is something to be proud of.

I may not be proud to get them, but it's always just a bittersweet pleasure of mine to see it happen to people.

The game just going:

giphy.gif

The best CQE award I have is the one from my old tier 7 Kiev.

Part of a double strike, other kill was with 4km torps...

Sounds like a great name for a ship. The USS Cheetos :teethhappy: