Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
That1Villain

Best Tier 10's

• You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.

73 members have voted

1. 1. Cruiser?

• Zao
    • Des Moines
    • Moskva
    • Hindenburg
    • Minotaur
    • Don't play Cruisers
  2. 2. Destroyer?

• Shimakaze
    • Gearing
    • Khabarovsk
    • Grozovoi
    • Z-52
    • Don't play Destroyers
  3. 3. Battleship?

• Yamato
    • Montana
    • G. Kurfurst
    • Don't play Battleships
  4. 4. Carrier?

• Hakuryu
    • Midway
    • Don't play Carriers

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

15 posts in this topic

Posted (edited) · Report post

Post your reasoning below. I will be doing this for every tier to find what is considered the best ship for each class for each tier for new players and seasoned players

Edited by That1Villain

they all have good and bad qualities, i firmly believe that all of them can be the best if played correctly

"Unfortunately I don't own all the T10s in any given class and I can't compare them." There you go.

they all have good and bad qualities, i firmly believe that all of them can be the best if played correctly

Ditto. All ships can be viewed as best if placed in the right hands although for the general public, it comes down to which ones have a low/high skill ceiling. 

I only have Montana and Yamato as 10s but here's my opinion:

There are no bad tier 10 cruisers but in my opinion Hindenburg takes the cake due to its incredible AP DPM at range, not to mention it's harder to citadel than old Cleveland.

Khabarovsk's new HE damage is spectacular and makes it the best gunboat in the game.

And Kurfürst's armor is simply the best.

I agree all ships do have good and bad qualities, What I'm looking for is a general all around good in any situation and can easily be learned to play.

Edit: X15's answer is what I'm looking for, thank you X

Edited by That1Villain

Cruisers is a tough pick because each one has strengths and weaknesses. It's surprisingly well balanced between them. Everything else, unfortunately, is not quite so. 

heres my way of putting them all teir 10 bbs, in the right hands and RNGsus favors, can dish out HUGE amounts of damage, teir 10 dds, again, in the right hands, with all their torps and guns, can do sneak attacks and scout with their stealth, teir 10 cruisers, in the right hands, can help support their team with AA and high RoF, and finally teir 10 cvs, in the right hands, can completely devastate the opposing team, both with strike aircraft and their fighters and just like dds can also double as a quick scouter with all of the planes they have

Edited by tcbaker777

Just got the Zao, first game 84k and I was completely outnumbered.  You shoot a few times, look up and you got like 25k damage, really enjoying her.   Only have Yami, but satisfied with it for the most part.  Her guns seem to be doing a lot less penning lately.  Only have the Shimmy, which seems to be a feast of famine ship.  Get a CV in the game and Shimmy is more likely to get spotted, which will be the end of it.  Get on a flank without being detected, and you can bring some real hurt.  As far as opponents, all T10s seem very viable, even poor old Montana, though it has no votes.  Montana is a CA killer, speed, decent rudder makes her tough to run from when your spotted. All the CAs seem good. and have to say Khab is still the most pesky DD.

Desu, Gearing and Yamatoe..

Because, well because.

Des Moines is top five funn st ships in game, Gearing as well. Bout to get Monty so my opinion on Hotel could change.

Zao - Troll armor (overpen or bounce when angled), great concealment, best fire starter per salvo, stealth fire is just the icing on the cake for an already OP ship

Khabarovsk - Tanky for a DD (sections of 50mm hull armor that deflect HE shells), extremely fast, has the option of taking a heal, and has the best DD guns in the game

G. Kurfurst - You should obliterate every other BB in a 1v1, you have hydro, you have turtleback armor, you have Bismarck secondaries, and the Yamato can't overmatch your bow armor, seriously... what more could you possibly want out of a BB?

Hakuryu - No surprise here, your strike package is simply more consistent and flexible than the Midway. 

Moskva: because of superb gun range of 22.6 km for one

Khabarovsk: because Khabarovsk

Grosse Kurfürst: because of its massive hitting power and +8600 HP over Yamato

* but haven't played Montana, Zao or Shimakaze

There are ships that are better or worse at spamming damage, but for winning games, give me Gearing, Des Moines, and G. Kurfurst.  Put them all in a division and the mutual support is fantastic.

Gearing has the concealment and close-range firepower to win any cap brawl, as long as it doesn't let a Khab dictate the range.  Its firepower is good enough to wear down larger ships when needed, and has great torpedoes.  It brings Defensive Fire to the table as well, and is my favorite destroyer for divisioning.

Des Moines combines excellent AA, Defensive Fire, radar, good concealment, and heavy firepower.  The guns can be tricky for some players, but the AP is devastating at short and medium ranges, with good HE and fire chance as well.  It's the premier "support cruiser" while also being excellent on its own.

Kurfurst gives you similar DPM to the Montana, with secondaries better than Yamato, a mountain of hit points, and German Hydro to boot. It's the complete package.

Hakuryu is Hakuryu.

For whatever it's worth in an opinion thread, I own all of the non-CV tier 10s except for the new Grozovoi.

There is no best.

Favorites? Sure:

Zao (I also really enjoy the Hindy)

Gearing

Yamato/GK tie (Monty is close third)

I don't know what DD to pick.  I feel the Khabarovsk is the overall best ship, but the Gearing is a better DD.  At this point, especially when equipped with a heal, the Khaba is pretty much a light cruiser and no longer concerns itself with traditional DD duties, and I no longer feel it's fair to compare the Khabarovsk directly to other DDs, but nor is it fair to compare the Khaba directly to other cruisers...

It's just a weird ship in a class of its own.....

There are ships that are better or worse at spamming damage, but for winning games, give me Gearing, Des Moines, and G. Kurfurst.  Put them all in a division and the mutual support is fantastic.

Gearing has the concealment and close-range firepower to win any cap brawl, as long as it doesn't let a Khab dictate the range.  Its firepower is good enough to wear down larger ships when needed, and has great torpedoes.  It brings Defensive Fire to the table as well, and is my favorite destroyer for divisioning.

Des Moines combines excellent AA, Defensive Fire, radar, good concealment, and heavy firepower.  The guns can be tricky for some players, but the AP is devastating at short and medium ranges, with good HE and fire chance as well.  It's the premier "support cruiser" while also being excellent on its own.

Kurfurst gives you similar DPM to the Montana, with secondaries better than Yamato, a mountain of hit points, and German Hydro to boot. It's the complete package.

Hakuryu is Hakuryu.

For whatever it's worth in an opinion thread, I own all of the non-CV tier 10s except for the new Grozovoi.

Z52 will eat Gearings lunch for cap contestation.  I took a cap from two Gearings in mine... didn't even sweat it.  Torped  one and gunned down the other while dodging their torps.   Smoke + Hydro = cap king.   Also great torp reload means effective torp boat at volley every 68 seconds.

Edited by Cpt_Blake

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0