theanhtb

Any compensation for ships that depend on invisi-fire?

• You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.

67 posts in this topic

Like the title suggested, should WG buff ships like the Akizuki, which is heavily limited due to having the ability to invisi-fire, or, in another term, depend on invisi-fire to survive?

That ships maneuvers worst than a cruiser, let alone a DD. 

Buff the Akizuki?? :amazed:

Not immediately, I'd imagine. WG will probably look at their internal stats and adjust affected ships accordingly in a couple of patch cycles. 

I recall Zao having suffered a hit-point nerf, I hope that's reverted at the least, since I believe it was in response to its invisi-fire effectiveness.  Give Akizuki a bit more mobility if needed, but she may be fine as-is.

Or just make it the low point so players will pay cash to move through, classic WG pay wall

Posted (edited) · Report post

Lots of ships are getting their gun ranges increased to allow them to fire/dodge from further away thats it. And most of those are DD's.  No ship HAD to invisfire it was a choice to use a flawed mechanic to prolong your ships health and damage.  I'm not critical of people who used it, I at times had to as well.  But it was in no way an absolute way to play a ship.  Also only OPEN water invisfire is being removed, islands and smoke still let you shell away unseen as normal.

Edited by JToney3449

Or just make it the low point so players will pay cash to move through, classic WG pay wall

​There is no ship after the Akizuki.

But your point is still correct tho

I recall Zao having suffered a hit-point nerf, I hope that's reverted at the least, since I believe it was in response to its invisi-fire effectiveness.  Give Akizuki a bit more mobility if needed, but she may be fine as-is.

Yah, Zao HP should be buffed too.

And the Akizuki, it needs to move like a proper DD. I am not looking for US DD's level, but definetly not as it's now. That brick can't event avoid torps.

Seems a buff may sometimes be warranted but have to wait and see. If a ships WR drops from 55% to 52%, does it really need a buff to restore it to its former glory/OPness?

It does seem like allowing affected captains to retrain might be a good idea. It was a bad mechanic to begin so I'm not sorry to see it go (never had a ship that could open-water invisifire myself), but it was legal manipulation of the game rules so the a re-speccing is in order.

AFAIK, changes to range are coming and the thinking is that it's part of the impending removal of invisifire.  There was a thread about some of that here.  The information source for the thread is here.

Edited by HazeGrayUnderway

It does seem like allowing affected captains to retrain might be a good idea.

Basically almost every DD and cruiser in the game.

Basically almost every DD and cruiser in the game.

"Almost every DD and cruiser in the game" depended on stealth fire? Mkay.

Also, concealment and AFT will still be incredibly useful, even without stealth fire. It's not like every DD out there will voluntarily want to become 10% more visible. 

"Almost every DD and cruiser in the game" depended on stealth fire? Mkay.

It does seem like allowing affected captains to retrain might be a good idea.

"affected" not "depending"

Yes, almost every DD and Cruiser will be affected by the change.

Lots of ships are getting their gun ranges increased to allow them to fire/dodge from further away thats it. And most of those are DD's.  No ship HAD to invisfire it was a choice to use a flawed mechanic to prolong your ships health and damage. 

Farragut HAD it, as do some other USN DD without CE and AFT. It's not just about tech tree ships either. AFT will also have drawbacks due to bloom equalling range moving forward as well.

Edited by Canadatron

Yah, Zao HP should be buffed too.

And the Akizuki, it needs to move like a proper DD. I am not looking for US DD's level, but definetly not as it's now. That brick can't event avoid torps.

No, Zao is already OP without stealth fire. If you want to bring her hp back up, then we need to start talking about nerfing her armor.

And as for the question in the OP, I say no, no ship should get compensation. Stealth firing was never designed for.

Not immediately, I'd imagine. WG will probably look at their internal stats and adjust affected ships accordingly in a couple of patch cycles. 

This, the devs are looking at invisifire more as abuse of game mechanics, the changes are closing a loophole, so any changes will happen down the road.

Akizuki should be fine.

She's still an excellent cap contester, what with the insane DPM, good stealth, and high HP.

Zao is fine without that HP.

Also had 13s reload, before being bumped to the ~13.7 ish it has now.

some of the dds are getting "small" range buffs like all the germans and the akizuki

but then thank god i play ussr dds and this invisa fire nerf means nothing to me

Edited by squidage

Nope, I should think not. Every single ship that has the ability to invisi fire is more than adequate without the ability imo. All invisi fire has been is extra icing on the cake. Players will have to play correctly, again imo, losing the ability to sit back out of the action kiting the enemy while padding damage stats....

Edited by slak__

WG has mentioned that there will be incremental balancing to reflect the changes.

I do hope the IJN cruiser line gets some rebalancing.  WG has repeatedly insisted that it's fine since stealth fire is an IJN advantage in their cruisers and DDs to take into balance consideration, but now that they're removing stealth fire completely, it's time to remove it from the balance equation.

- All IJN cruisers besides Atago and Zao should get their torpedo arcs readjusted for some slightly better forward arcs, considering that many of their forward torpedo launchers should have been forward-facing instead of all rear-facing.

- Myoko can do with her range and traverse unnerfed (16.5km and 30s 180 degree traverse).

- Mogami can do with a bit more range on the 203s (16.8km).

- Atago can do with same RoF as Myoko or Mogami (14s or 15s respectively).

- Ibuki can do with a 13s reload on her 203s.  Or just give her Zao's guns but with the same 13s reload.

Zao can be restored to her Senjou state:

8 second reloads (or at least 10 second)

Long lance options

Faster traverse

4400 more HP

Zao can be restored to her Senjou state:

8 second reloads (or at least 10 second)

Long lance options

Faster traverse

4400 more HP

... Zao had 8s reloads in beta?

Please tell me she only had 3 turrets with that reload.

Who thought Zao with 8 second reloads was a good idea?

... Zao had 8s reloads in beta?

Please tell me she only had 3 turrets with that reload.

Who thought Zao with 8 second reloads was a good idea?

WG when DM was her only competition and stealth fire wasn't an actual tactic to take into consideration at the time.  DM still out-DPS'd and out-traversed Zao, but Zao was capable of being more aggressive than she is now.

It got nerfed post-Beta when WG decided that stealth fire was a standard feature of the IJN cruisers and DDs (and now they're removing it as a feature) and should be balanced around.

Considering certain premium ships were advertised and sold to players with the official line being they are good at stealth firing all this talk about it never being intended is a complete lie. wg has used it a balance parameter for a very long time, they could have removed it in alpha when people were using it but they didn't because certain ships had it as one of their primary features. Ships like Akizuki already have a hard time, she has cruiser maneuverability, worse camo than other IJN is forced to take IFHE because her HE pen is nothing, and she has worse torps than the soviets, the only thing that makes her competitive is stealth firing.