Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
surratus

Question about microphone hardware

• You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.

2 posts in this topic

I've come to the conclusion that I could benefit from a higher level of instruction in the "subtleties" of game play.  My pace of improvement from reading the forums and watching CC videos doesn't seem to keep pace with version releases and new ship lines.  I'm curious what kind of hardware would be suggested in order to communicate with other players.  The kind of hardware I see various CC and other YouTube presenters equipped with seems way out of my budget.  Are simple cell phone ear buds and microphones sufficient or does a player need something more extravagant.  I realize some hardware requirements may be clan specific, but nearly all clans require something to begin with.  Thanks for any input.    

Posted (edited) · Report post

I don't and prolly won't ever use a mic myself. When I play it's usually in the am and my wife and kids are sleeping. Not to mention there's no telling what I'll say without having the buffer of typing it out. I don't have a problem listening to others while i communicate via typing.  :teethhappy:

Noster on Youtube a month or so back did a video where he talks about his mic and system. I think it was labeled something like.. "Untitled/mic setup" Click on his videos tab, and just keep scrolling down until you find it.

I'd watch that and read through the comments. He was asking for advice and i have no doubt many posted their suggestions. That's a high end YouTube though.

I wouldn't see any issue using any mic though. Other games I play there's never a criteria to whats used.

This post was from earlier today by a clan that's offering to help players learn about different tactics. I don't know them personally, but i was happy to see they offer a meet and greet type of deal tonight.

http://forum.worldofwarships.com/index.php?/topic/119259-looking-for-a-clan-come-and-sit-in-on-our-training-night-tonight/page__p__2884499#entry2884499

Edited by Wulfgarn

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0