Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Admiral_Shoukaku

Need help on modding

• You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.

3 posts in this topic

I swear is what is happening here: http://forum.worldofwarships.com/index.php?/topic/45696-changing-ship-turrets/page__st__20#topmost still applicable? I've been trying to replace the appearance of my colorado with an appearance of an Iowa for fun, I named the files right but the ship doesn't load and won't join the match. anyone know why it's doing this?

You need someone that know how to switch models. Did you rename the files in the mods folder for Iowa? Try renaming the all the files in the Iowa mods folder to match the names of all of the files in Colorado mods folder. Make sure the names match or it wont work

Posted (edited) · Report post

Model swapping does NOT work anymore. That post you're referring to is ages old & only applied before version 0.5.5.0 when WG eliminated .model, .mfm, & .visual files.

The .visual file is the main culprit which determines the indices & vertices to parse. The reason why it's frozen is because the game is looking for something like "Colorado.indices" (example name not real name) but you replaced the .primitives file with the Iowa's model. So now the game can't find "Colorado.indices" because it's now "Iowa.indices" & WOWS will indefinitely hang.

Edited by GoldPile

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0