Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
godzilla5549

Thoughts on Lexington

10 comments in this topic

[KTKM]
Beta Testers
2,085 posts
4,380 battles

My Starting Point

I used free XP to unlock the 2/0/2 loadout and the upgraded fighters/dive bombers.

Major Issues

• The planes seem to be a bit derpy when it comes to following specific orders (rapid course changes and ALT attacks)
  • Planes are overall a bit slower than I would like
  • There are no good loadouts to pick from

My Ideas for Fixes

• Tier VIII Dive Bomber Curtiss SB2C Helldiver
    • Plane Speed: 140 ---> 146/147
  • Tier VIII Fighter Vought F4U-1 Corsair
    • ​Plane Speed: 169 ---> 172

• Changes to Loadouts:
    • ​0/1/3 removed
    • 1/1/1 removed
    • 1/1/2 added as stock
    • 2/1/1 available as option
    • 2/0/2 remains unchaged

It is my own opinion that the SB2C is slower than it should be, based off of the historical speeds of the Tier VIII attack aircraft

Curtiss SB2C-4 Helldiver: 475 km/h (257 knots) at 5,090 meters

Nakajima B6N2 Tenzan: 481 km/h (260 knots) at 4,900 meters

Aichi D3A2: 430 km/h (232 knots)

In-game speeds:

Curtiss SB2C-4 Helldiver: 140

Nakajima B6N2 Tenzan: 148

Aichi D3A2: 139

The SB2C is much closer to the B6N in terms of speed, so why it is essentially the same as the D3A2 is not known to me.

In addition, the TBM-3 (Lexington's torpedo bomber) should have the same speed as the Aichi D3A2. Currently the TBM-3 has a speed of 136 which is atrocious, and a buff to 139 to match the D3A2 would at least be something.

• Cool 1

[G_LAG]
Beta Testers
34 posts
3,899 battles

Well ah, the Lexington is my favorite CV so here is my thoughts on this. Overall i haven't really noticed anything bad with the speed of the planes its very do able what they are. However, I can't say for fighters, as I free xped strike and never used the fighters. By the way I highly suggest strike for Lexington, its really the only way to make it work. The fighter load out is fine but it makes your team lose to say it bluntly.

For the loadouts, I can only agree with the 1/1/2 being added again, its only fair compared to what the Shokaku gets.

Now for the 2/1/1, I can see why this one was taken out. You get the power of air superiority along with nice spread, high damaging torps with the capability to cause full duration fires. You can see how this is unfair for the Japanese.

And to cover your point on the depry plane movement. This infuriates me to no end when playing USN CV's, at least once per battle, I order torp squad to attack, I click, the click doesn't register and now torp bombers are melted. I've switched mouses but nothing seems to fix it, must be a problem on their side.

Overall there's not much to change on an already fantastic CV. In my opinon the Lexington(Strike) is far better in the right hands than the Shokaku.

Edited by cjwagn1

[WOLF3]
[WOLF3]
Members
28,213 posts
24,603 battles

Now for the 2/1/1, I can see why this one was taken out. You get the power of air superiority along with nice spread, high damaging torps with the capability to cause full duration fires. You can see how this is unfair for the Japanese.

We simply cannot have a Tech Tree USN CV to contest the skies and do meaningful damage.

Members
1,719 posts
4,106 battles

• 1/1/2 added as stock
    • 2/1/1 available as option
    • 2/0/2 remains unchaged

I think the 1/1/2 should be the strike and the 1/1/1 should be stock as the 2/0/2 would never be used if a 2/1/1 existed

[BWC]
Beta Testers
1,839 posts
7,527 battles

Been using the Lex for a bit now, and there are two things that absolutely must happen to make this carrier viable.

1. Increase the concealment rating. I've seen quite a few BBs with a smaller detection range, and it's counterpart on the IJN side starts out base better than you can ever get with full concealment skills, camo, and modules. There is simply no excuse for this CV having such a small concealment rating (I will officially laugh at anyone who wants to say the ship is too powerful compared to Shokaku to need this kind if handicap).

2. Air Superiority loadout should be changed to a 3/1/0 loadout. This loadout will keep the number of planes the same but actually allow the Lex to do AS rather than only having the same number of fighters as a Strike (???) Shokaku. Seriously, why are the USN carriers prohibited by the devs from doing their jobs?

My two cents.

• Cool 1

[WOLF3]
[WOLF3]
Members
28,213 posts
24,603 battles

Strike Lex = Best Lex....

It's also very prone to shutdown by AS CVs and most especially any IJN CV spec.

Members
405 posts
2,447 battles

2/2/2 should be the strike load-out., 3/1/2 should be the A.S load-out  2/1/2 should be the stock loadout this is a Tier 8 Carrier. not a t6 or t7  Every ship in this Tier bracket has A.A that will shred planes  if there aren't enough of them attacking the target. 

i don't know what the O.P is thinking, Your entire idea is laughable because i dont see your strike option at all, yet you removed Lexington strike option and made the CV weaker as a whole.

Changes to Loadouts:

• ​0/1/3 removed
  • 1/1/1 removed
  • 1/1/2 added as stock  < funny will still be completely shut down by A.A and I.J.N CV's 
  • 2/1/1 available as option < is a joke.  what is this A.S?
  • 2/0/2 remains unchanged < no torpedo planes, IJN has 3 fighters 2 torps and 2 Bombers. 

Members
405 posts
2,447 battles

Been using the Lex for a bit now, and there are two things that absolutely must happen to make this carrier viable.

1. Increase the concealment rating. I've seen quite a few BBs with a smaller detection range, and it's counterpart on the IJN side starts out base better than you can ever get with full concealment skills, camo, and modules. There is simply no excuse for this CV having such a small concealment rating (I will officially laugh at anyone who wants to say the ship is too powerful compared to Shokaku to need this kind if handicap).

2. Air Superiority loadout should be changed to a 3/1/0 loadout. This loadout will keep the number of planes the same but actually allow the Lex to do AS rather than only having the same number of fighters as a Strike (???) Shokaku. Seriously, why are the USN carriers prohibited by the devs from doing their jobs?

My two cents.

lol 3/1/0? the saipans wife?

Sign in to follow this