You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
ArnoldSchoenberg

Do you keep Gneisenau after having Tirpitz and Bismarck?

49 comments in this topic

[SYN]
[SYN]
Members
8,752 posts
15,286 battles

I hated it as much as I liked Scharnhorst, at T7 you really do need an at least reasonable captain IMO.

So I'd say no.

• Cool 1

[BHSN]
Members
2,564 posts
4,204 battles

I have the gneis, sharn, bis & tirp. 

all great ships. 

just put a new captain on it. 

Edited by scruffycavetroll

[-KIA-]
Members
5,193 posts
13,772 battles

Gneisenau is a very fun ship to play.  I plan to keep her.

Also: Obligatory Image

dGWWrWk.jpg

Edited by ValkyrWarframe

[ZAZEN]
Alpha Tester
404 posts
8,964 battles

shame I cant give you one of my 6 (SIX!!!) spare 10pt Emden commanders that I collected during the krimbo special packages- seriously what does one do with an extra half dozen qualified commanders collecting pay..

Thank you for asking the question- I just unlocked the Bismark too- 

I am wondering about the Nagato and Colorado ... I am guessing I will not keep those

[CNO]
Members
6,076 posts
18,547 battles

This is really a personal choice. If you enjoy playing it, keep it.  If not, then get rid of it.  

I keep all of my BBs and play whatever fits my fancy at the time.

That said, Bismarck is my best BB.  I find it fits my aggressive BB play style, while also giving me flexibility to adjust if the MM and situation dictate.  Even when bottom tiered, (T8 in a T10 match), I can contribute to the team without feeling like I'm outclassed, even by T10s.  And when top tier, if I'm not at the top of the scoreboard, I feel like I didn't do my job.

[ZAZEN]
Alpha Tester
404 posts
8,964 battles

This is really a personal choice. If you enjoy playing it, keep it.  If not, then get rid of it.  

actually I would say its a matter of resources.. if there arent qualified commanders to fill the role and money is short - then in some cases selling is the only choice

however purchasing and playing the Sharnhorst will solve both those problems for training and getting cash..

[HINON]
Alpha Tester
24,704 posts
19,894 battles

I did keep her even after getting Big Fred and Kurfuerst.

Members, Beta Testers
1,591 posts
2,659 battles

If you enjoyed playing her then I would keep Gneis, especially if you don't have Scharners.  Tier VII is the Goldilocks zone for MM and she is a powerful ship for her tier if played right.  In addition you can level and poach skippers from her to eventually captain the Biz and FdG if you plan to go to Tier X. 

[RLGN]
Members
14,919 posts
26,435 battles

I am wondering about the Nagato and Colorado ... I am guessing I will not keep those

Keep Colorado if you can aford it. Always great to troll people who think it's a piece of junk with those 16" guns.
  • Cool 1

[UDEAD]
Beta Testers
994 posts
12,333 battles

I didn't think I would like the ship going in, but ended up keeping her. I'll probably train a new captain for her at  some point.

Members
3,229 posts
7,820 battles

When I finished my Gneisenau "grind", I sold her immediately.  There is nothing "special" about her that would justify keeping her at tier 7.  I already have a premium Scharnhorst and I really wanted the captain to move to my Bismarck.  Bismarck, more than any other BB in the game, needs a high point commander.  If you don't have any other options, I'd junk her.  Alternatively, if credits aren't an issue, you can keep her in port until you can get a new captain on her. 

[MEIST]
Members
1,505 posts
5,746 battles
I think she is a keeper. I'm still learning her but I am getting attached to her. When I unlock the Bismark I'll move the Captain but will shuffle Captains around for her.

[SCCC]
Members
3,177 posts
12,811 battles

I kept mine because of the looks and she performed really well. But I don't think I have a commander for her. I have Scharnhorst but whereas Scharn's turrets turn quickly so I don't need EM, EM won't hurt on Gneis so I probably will need a dedicated commander for her. At least with Bismarck/Tirpitz, I have the same commander for both.

Members
4,247 posts
9,871 battles

My plan is to keep all the German BBs I get.

That's a good plan except for the Nassau in my view.

For the OP: keep her. You can grind up a new captain quick enough and have them all ready for Freddie and Kurfurst.

Members
37 posts
1,733 battles

Maybe not? Matching making for the Gneisenau is not that great like it was the Bismarck I think has better match making, possibly

[PLPT]
Members
4,435 posts
6,599 battles

I kept mine, along with one of the 10pt captains I got from the 15 Emdens I received in the santa crates. 

The premium camo looks good on it, too.

[CVLOV]
Beta Testers
3,640 posts
2,638 battles

Had some totally incredible game in the Gneisenau, but not keeping her because I have Scharnhorst which I like even more.

[FOXEH]
Beta Testers
6,103 posts
1,313 battles

Gneisenau is a goddess to me, next to Arizona. 

Keeper imo! =D

[WOLF7]
Members
12,601 posts

Did you enjoy your time in the Gneisnau? Then keep the ship, move the captain up to the Bismark (Assuming you have him 2nd speced) and build a new gneis pilot. Personally I kept it, since you have a premium ship, grinding a new captain really isn't that bad...

[PLPT]
Members
4,435 posts
6,599 battles

I will only buy Gneisenau back if Wargaming shoes some due earned respect to the ship where Gneisenau actually had 3 barreled turrets just as her sister ship Scharnhorst did.  There are images of Gneisenau all over the web google it if you don't believe me.  Until wargaming does her right I wont play that ship again.  I would rather pay out 40 bucks and buy Scharnhorst.

Sooo...Buy the Scharnhorst? Gneisenau in game is the planned upgrade for the ship that was almost completed before Hitler cancelled the project. This was not something WG pulled out of their asses. If you had read the thread you were posting in previously on this matter, you would know that. There will never be a 28cm Gneisenau.