Fuyukaze

The final week of Ranked has begun.

• You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.

65 posts in this topic

Made the same goal and acheived it like I always do. Season flag and out. 25 games.

I'm at 7, hoped to reach 5.  I'm ok with how it ends up either way.  Very unimpressed with the rewards this season

I was stuck in a loop, I would make it 1 star away from Rank 8 and Boom... straight losses back to 12.

The rewards just aren't worth it past Rank 10 to justify beating my head against the wall for this. I made it back to 10 and called it quits there.

Edited by DESRON10

I think I played two Ranked games with my Super Galactically OP Belfast, just to see why everyone thought it was so OP, decided the allegations were false and haven't Ranked since.  And won't.

I happily ranked out on Wednesday at 106 battles with the Scharnhorst. I was hoping for under 90 battles but hit a wall at Rank 2.

Goal was to rank out.  Currently at 230 battles, rank 3.3.

After 110 battles, rank 3 was reached after starting at rank 17.  That was nearly two weeks ago.  Have been stuck bouncing around in ranks 3-5 ever since.  Not a happy experience to say the least...

I ranked out so early in the season it feels surreal.  Usually around this time I'm psyching myself up for how many battles I need to do to rank out, figuring it's at least 100, and trying to decide if it's worth it to call in sick or ignore my wife in order to do it.

Good luck to those of you still going.  According to Shipcomrade, 514 people have ranked out Lowest win rate is 47.43%, and most games played is 1,042.  Note that these stats aren't 100% accurate, because its database is only based on names people have searched for.  

I made Rank 7 last season, so my goal was at least 5 this time. Got to 4 OK and then had an unbelievably bad streak that took me all the way back to 7.2. Clawed my way back to 4.1 but it's just not much fun. I hate playing Ranked weekends, and this week is Spring Break for lots of kids. If I have a few good teammates, Shiratsuyu does her job. However, at Rank 5 and beyond its hard for me to carry a weak/confused team. (Me, not the ship)

And I'm sick of the Sims players who save a star despite doing much less for the team and a win. Almost as sick as I am of Belfasts. 

Edited by Landing_Skipper

I made it as high as R8.2 and kept going up/down/up/down before falling back to R9.2.  That was a week ago.  I pretty much told myself to give it up, but I may make a late season try again for the hell of it.

b

I quit ranked about a week or 2 back, ending on Rank 11 after 53 battles, 49.06% WR

On the one hand, it was a great experiance and helped my game play a bit.

On the other hand, there was just so much salt and frustration over the game play (or lack of).

Would I do Ranked again? I believe so, but then plans change once you actually meet the enemy........

Hitting rank 1 is more endurance than anything else tbh... play enough games and you'll make it.

I made it this season cause I want a flint some day.... but I gotta say after rank 10 it got to be very tedious. Took me 173 games @ 56% win rate, seen a few make it with less than 50% win rate, but you're looking at 400+ games....

It took me 612 games to make Rank 1. It was tedious.

Rank 7 in 47, the play is getting less enjoyable and the module rewards are rubbish.

Too many 3 Fiji/Belfast to a side games in world of smoke in a row and I'll probably throw it in.

I ranked out so early in the season it feels surreal.  Usually around this time I'm psyching myself up for how many battles I need to do to rank out, figuring it's at least 100, and trying to decide if it's worth it to call in sick or ignore my wife in order to do it.

Good luck to those of you still going.  According to Shipcomrade, 514 people have ranked out Lowest win rate is 47.43%, and most games played is 1,042.  Note that these stats aren't 100% accurate, because its database is only based on names people have searched for.  

How is it possible to lose more games than you win and still advance? I am struggling to rank out and I have nearly 400 games. My win% keeps going up, from the start of the season until now. Ugh!!!:izmena:

The guys who say "just keep at it" are right. Trust me, if I can do it, anyone can. I had games where I took a lucky blind torp at the beginning of the game and died first. My team still won. I had (a couple) games where I had to go afk at the start. My team still won. WG will make sure that if you play enough games, you'll make it. (That's an unpopular theory with some ultra-sensitive good players, but it sure seems accurate.) My worst losing streak was 11 in a row. I went from rank 5 down to 8 over the course of two days. That hurt. Toward the end I tried to take the Sims as often as possible. Its magic XP modifier helps you keep a star when you lose. And just keep at it. Good luck. 

I've been stuck at 5 for quite a while now. Got to 5 with a 57% win rating, 50% since then. Can't get to 4 and have not dropped lower than 6. Watched a few guys rank out yesterday. Hoping that the skill set changes with some of the better players ranking out. I just can't play well enough to keep a star in the losses. I think I have kept one star each of the last 2 nights. I've tried Belfast, sims and shira. Belfast feels like I can't do much with it in premier, I can do more in shira, but it doesn't seem to get good xp no matter what you do. But I can't play the sims well enough to keep my star even in it.

I'll keep plugging away. just need a 20 game win streak!!

I was having troubles moving forward around rank 10, thats when I started to take the sims out; I think the funny thing is if I play to keep a star (deal damage/spot/cap) I tend to lose, whereas if I stick almost exclusively to spotting and smoking, my team can usually do the killing well enough. I went from 50/50 keeping many stars to whole sessions of 80+% win rate, however when we did lose I would almost inevitably lose my star, despite using the sims.

If anyone is struggling at winning with DDs in ranked, the best advice I can give is to focus almost exclusively on spotting and marking the targets, use your torps when you can and hope that your intel allows your baddies to shoot more often than the reds.

How is it possible to lose more games than you win and still advance? I am struggling to rank out and I have nearly 400 games. My win% keeps going up, from the start of the season until now. Ugh!!!:izmena:

Top scorers from the losing team do not lose stars so it is possible. 

I ranked out after 124 battles in my scharnhost, I managed to reach rank 1 with 60% win rate in this season.

Ranked out in 131 battles, and since its my third season, I get a Flint! :)

(Pls bring back signal flags instead of the module upgrades)

Lots of people getting tired of the World of Smokescreen game mode ehhhh.

I've only played a couple of ranked battles this season, the rewards aren't all that good and early on there were a ton of CVs.  The problem with that is, the better CV wins about 80% of the time, so at that point it's a coin flip, did I get the good CV or the terrible one?

On a side note, if you haven't bothered with ranked until now.  Give it a try.  If you're average you'll feel like a god.  :trollface:

I burned out once I reached rank 1. :trollface:

135 games of pure Blyskawica.

I'll be happy to have my first tier seven in a few days. I want to earn some of those flags. Hehehe~

Edited by Hiroe

I burned out once I reached rank 1. :trollface:

135 games of pure Blyskawica.

Ahh if only my blys had more than a 11 point captain.... About the only DD that was able to give me grief in the sims... Loved that thing back before the skill changes, now it feels like I need more points to be at the same place.

I reached rank 1 for the first time this season. It really does feel like reaching the top of the mountain after the sheer rock climb in the premiere league, then rolling over and sleeping for a few days. :sleep_fish:

I was having troubles moving forward around rank 10, thats when I started to take the sims out; I think the funny thing is if I play to keep a star (deal damage/spot/cap) I tend to lose, whereas if I stick almost exclusively to spotting and smoking, my team can usually do the killing well enough. I went from 50/50 keeping many stars to whole sessions of 80+% win rate, however when we did lose I would almost inevitably lose my star, despite using the sims.

If anyone is struggling at winning with DDs in ranked, the best advice I can give is to focus almost exclusively on spotting and marking the targets, use your torps when you can and hope that your intel allows your baddies to shoot more often than the reds.

:great: