You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Hunter_Steel

My Izumo Prelim Stats

21 comments in this topic

[-ARP-]
[-ARP-]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
4,178 posts
4,376 battles

So after going around on Warships.today, I realized that Izumo has the worst stats of all of the T9 BBs.

Not only does she have the worst stats of all three, she still has no where near as many games as Iowa does. And Iowa is the third worst in terms of overall stats.

aoecZTy.png

Although, Last 2 Weeks, Solo Queue stats aren't as bad:

fJI9Szl.png

Iowa's got it worse XD

So now then, let us look at Izumo herself.

Her overall stats... do not look so good

Holy hell, 57k damage? That's my average on... actually. None of my ships average 57k damage. Some only average 54k (My Kongous and Konig.) or 59k damage (Scharnhorst.). So closest I get is Scharnhorst down at Tier 7, since my Amagi is averaging 62k damage.

But seriously, 57k damage. I deal more than that with my two forward turrets every time I take this ship out of port. I'm astonished at just how low, a Tier 9's average damage is. I'd have at least expected around 72k average damage since that's her starting HP. Hell, Yamato has 88k average damage. That's a whole 31k damage difference between the two. And even then, I am disappointed. People should at least be striving to deal the same amount of damage, that they have HP on their ships if they want to count a good game. Which is my goal. 78k damage is my goal, since it's the same HP that C hull Izumo has.

pgQG8fw.png

So looking at my Izumo stats. Yes, I know, 18 battles. But they've been rising since my 5th battle in this thing when I figured out how she was born to be played. My average combat distance is from 8 - 15km in this thing. I also fire a mix between AP and HE, this became possible because thanks to the reload module, I have a 26s reload time now. Although this comes at the price of giving me a 39s turret traverse, whereas I would've had a 34s 180 degree turret traverse had I taken the range module or the secondary reload module. But, 39s is still better than Amagi's 40s and Nagato's 42s, and Kongou's 54s.

I can tell you this, while it's only 4s, those 4s make all the difference. I can keep up with German 15inch gunners in RoF since they have a 25s reload time, and a 1s difference is hardly noticeable when your guns are bigger. Thanks to this, firing HE at bow-on reversers is not a huge issue for me, as I can keep up the burn.

And since I have her secondary spec'd, that 10.6km range is very handy on my 127s. I can see how you'd keep your distance from an Izumo in his C hull configuration, since 12x127mm guns per broadside means the other guy would burn you to the waterline with relative ease as you're being fired on by the equivalent of 2 Shimakazes per broadside. And as far as I know, IJN 127mm HE still has a ridiculously high fire chance.

My combat range also allows me to have a higher hit chance while also having a higher chance at potential damage than the average Izumo captain that sails her at 1/4 forward speed and hands out shells from 17 - 19km away.

In conclusion, this is a second line support sniper whose ridiculous bow-armor makes her want to be a frontline brawler. I play her as the latter and I seem to be doing well. Just like when I proactively started to play Amagi as a brawler and my stats went up in her.

Anyone else also enjoying this odd ship?

~Hunter

[INTEL]
Members
13,459 posts
37,360 battles

Hey, your Izumo play is great, especially when I am there in Fletch to keep you smoked! 

[KNTAI]
Members
3,133 posts
8,754 battles

http://i.imgur.com/IZiSwvO.png

The Amagi and Izumo are bae. I just can't seem to do too good on the Nagato like everyone else, though.

Edited by Excield

[YIKES]
Members
3,880 posts
23,715 battles

Anyone else also enjoying this odd ship?

I enjoy Izumo's profile silhouette in the distance, it just looks mean. 18 matches however are not worth of drawing a conclusion.

[-ARP-]
[-ARP-]
4,178 posts
4,376 battles

I enjoy Izumo's profile silhouette in the distance, it just looks mean. 18 matches however are not worth of drawing a conclusion.

I know 18matches aren't worth a damn. But for me, I haven't hated her since day one, and it doesn't look like I will.

Although I know I won't be keeping her due to port spaces.

~Hunter

[YIKES]
Members
3,880 posts
23,715 battles

Although I know I won't be keeping her due to port spaces.

Izumo not a keeper? You will press the "sell" button with no regrets? Slightly disappointed in you Hunter, reading the first post left me with the impression that you enjoy this ship. You even made a forum thread about it. I do not understand.

[-ARP-]
[-ARP-]
4,178 posts
4,376 battles

Izumo not a keeper? You will press the "sell" button with no regrets? Slightly disappointed in you Hunter, reading the first post left me with the impression that you enjoy this ship. You even made a forum thread about it. I do not understand.

Oh, it'll be with great regret. The problem I am facing is... I don't have premiums to train IJN BB captains, and I don't have port slots.

~Hunter

[SPTR]
Members
2,462 posts
2,248 battles

Oh, it'll be with great regret. The problem I am facing is... I don't have premiums to train IJN BB captains, and I don't have port slots.

~Hunter

Yeah, that sucks... I bought $5 worth of doubloons for some port slots. Quick question... What's your avatar gif from? And what is it supposed to be.... I see a little girl with bunny ears getting her "ears" scratched like a rabbit lol.

[FKK]
Members
580 posts
25,688 battles

When I showed up with the Izumo, all my clan mates were kind of WTH? They all just bypassed the Izumo. I stopped and played her and love her. I just made a desktop wallpaper of a 6 Kill Game i had in the Izugly.

She is not pretty, in anyway. But when you have excellent team play around you, she has a hard purpose. Last night, i drove hard, then slowly, then in reverse into two T9 BBs. I got all the BBs attention, and they focused on me, but it left one of my team mates open to Citadel away from my Starboard flank. It was simple classic maneuver and worked very nice. Two BBs hitting the anvil and not getting enough to outrun my repairs while my team was blindly making bank. 

Izugly may be the ugliest...wth...The Izugly IS THE UGLIEST SHIP IN THE GAME. But she has an role and can even be Top Dawg with just a little skill. I like her just because she is a nice change of pace to play. She is not the same 1-2-3, 1-2-3, 1-2-3 Battle Waltz that a standard BB is to play.

[-ARP-]
[-ARP-]
4,178 posts
4,376 battles

Yeah, that sucks... I bought $5 worth of doubloons for some port slots. Quick question... What's your avatar gif from? And what is it supposed to be.... I see a little girl with bunny ears getting her "ears" scratched like a rabbit lol.

My avatar is Destroyer Shimakaze from the Browser Game Kantai Collection.

This is a fanmade gif of the admiral (All Shipgirls, barring a few, are in love with the Admiral.) giving her a headpat.

When I showed up with the Izumo, all my clan mates were kind of WTH? They all just bypassed the Izumo. I stopped and played her and love her. I just made a desktop wallpaper of a 6 Kill Game i had in the Izugly.

She is not pretty, in anyway. But when you have excellent team play around you, she has a hard purpose. Last night, i drove hard, then slowly, then in reverse into two T9 BBs. I got all the BBs attention, and they focused on me, but it left one of my team mates open to Citadel away from my Starboard flank. It was simple classic maneuver and worked very nice. Two BBs hitting the anvil and not getting enough to outrun my repairs while my team was blindly making bank. 

Izugly may be the ugliest...wth...The Izugly IS THE UGLIEST SHIP IN THE GAME. But she has an role and can even be Top Dawg with just a little skill. I like her just because she is a nice change of pace to play. She is not the same 1-2-3, 1-2-3, 1-2-3 Battle Waltz that a standard BB is to play.

Izumo is not ugly, she's just boring. You want ugly? Look at Fusou. That thing is the ugliest ship in the whole game. It's why I skipped it :teethhappy:

As for her toughness, yeah. I can attest to that:

I tanked 5.3 million damage in this one lol

ZGDDNAG.jpg

SgObX2N.jpg

4kEsDO8.jpg

~Hunter

Members
4,247 posts
9,871 battles

See my recent post "So long Izumo" for my thoughts on her. I sold her for the Yamato but would gladly have her unlovely bulk in my port again. I liked her unique play style.

Alpha Tester
7,170 posts
4,063 battles

~Hunter

Not to get off topic, but I'm sort of in the same spot. I don't like low tier play enough to really enjoy using he Ishuzumi for that purpose, and the Muso I'm just not very excited about her strengths and weaknesses to buy.

[PLDN]
Alpha Tester
2,162 posts
6,711 battles

I skipped the Izumo with hard earned (no conversion) free XP in order to get the Yamato as my first tier 10 while it was on sale. I do not regret that choice.

My expirence fighting them has been a mixed bag. Many players try to play it like the Amagi, and they could not pick a worse ship to emulate. Other players use it as a Yamato, and you worry about pushing with them in the way. Because barring the Yamato, nobody is going to penetrate.

An important note, however: Nothing is as much of a damage farm as a fleeing Izumo.

[-K-]
Members, Beta Testers
3,105 posts
8,039 battles

Izumo's global stats are still weighed down by a couple of things:

1. They include the old stock hull, which had arguably the worst shell penetration for its tier of any battleship shell in the game.  That old uncapped shell was garbage, and an unhealthy portion of the Izumo's overall games played were probably featuring that shell.
  2. The Izumo's reputation is/was such that it was probably one of the most skipped ships in the game.  Not counting Yugumo (due to the recent switch), Izumo is the only tier 9 in the game that has fewer games played than its tier 10 successor.  I suspect that the players who have free XP to burn and know enough about the game to want to skip ships with bad reputations are probably better on average than those that don't, but I have no way to prove that.

I didn't hate my Izumo, but I was only slightly lagging behind the first wave of tier 10 owners during Open Beta, and I got so tired of my solo Izumo running into the early Yamato-Yamato-Midway seal-clubbing divisions that I used enough free XP to skip the second half of the grind and just get my Yamato.

Edited by Mesrith

[SPARO]
Members
77 posts
4,853 battles

I skipped Izumo a long time ago.... the old stock hull was terible and I wanted Yamato ASAP.  You are lucky you dont have to play the old stock hull.

[-ARP-]
[-ARP-]
4,178 posts
4,376 battles

I skipped the Izumo with hard earned (no conversion) free XP in order to get the Yamato as my first tier 10 while it was on sale. I do not regret that choice.

My expirence fighting them has been a mixed bag. Many players try to play it like the Amagi, and they could not pick a worse ship to emulate. Other players use it as a Yamato, and you worry about pushing with them in the way. Because barring the Yamato, nobody is going to penetrate.

An important note, however: Nothing is as much of a damage farm as a fleeing Izumo.

You should get the Izumo. She's a good ship, since her buff. She's no longer the potato she once was.

~Hunter

[ABDA]
Beta Testers
17,536 posts
12,810 battles

Not to get off topic, but I'm sort of in the same spot. I don't like low tier play enough to really enjoy using he Ishuzumi for that purpose, and the Muso I'm just not very excited about her strengths and weaknesses to buy.

I was pleasantly surprised with Mutsu.  To me she feels a lot like a Kongo.  I'll admit to low expectations, but the ship seems pretty alright to me.

[KAPPA]
Members
1,351 posts
7,816 battles

I have liked the Izumo since before I ever even had it. I tend to like things that are unique or unusual, I think Izumo qualifies. I got her just after they removed the horrid stock shells from her, but I will admit, she's a challenge to get used to. The turret rotation and shell speed are awesome, the secondaries are almost on-par with Yamato's (except for their firing arcs), and under the right circumstances, she's nigh invulnerable (from AP). She has her problems, like all ships, like the lack of defense from the rear, the semi-lousy firing arcs for the secondaries, being spotted from orbit, and the worst offender, she turns like a charging rhino. I still manage to do ok damage-wise with her, but as you can see from the stats on my IJN/Axis logon (if you look them up), my survivability is pretty low. It's at least half my own fault because I tend to play aggressively and I hate sitting stationary or reversing for a whole battle. The other half is down to the pitiful maneuverability and that detection range. I tend to get spotted first and focused down or get caught left behind when the ships around me die, run, or leave me behind. It also doesn't help when DDs are able to get close enough to drop torps, Izumo is not a good dancer when it comes to torp evasion. Even with her flaws, I still try to pull my weight and do what I can. I've only had manual secondaries for a relatively short time (in terms of random battles played in her), but they have been helping to keep this lumbering brute alive. She is usually an absolute terror in CO-OP due to her secondaries and the close fighting that the bots do. I've been playing mainly CO-OP for a few months because 1. I'm in college and sometimes a few quick CO-OP matches are all I have time for, 2. I've had some on-and-off internet issues and I hate letting a team of real players down like that, and 3. I'm a bit of a brawler by nature and the fighting style in CO-OP is far less stressful to me than the long range sniping that was so prevalent the last time I was playing random regularly. I do plan on getting back to random at some point, but I need to work my way back up so I'm not a liability to my team.