You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Masheen76

Player stats...

103 comments in this topic

Members
7 posts
1,422 battles

Who ever goes by player stats, are imbeciles.  Poor stats don't mean crap especially with prems.  I use my prems to train new captains to get the skills up.  So I've been informed that my Warspite is at 40% win rate, big deal, I currently have 3 different capitains and rotate them through, and if I can I'll back someone who in need of some help if they're being focused.  90% of the time I get torped from a fn destroyer that the cruisers can't be bothered to kill.  Anyone who knows this ship knows it's not the most responsive to turning, speeding up, most ships will out run it, and the gun rotation is horrendous. I think I got one captain to 7.5km on the secondaries but the destroyers need to be seen, the last 3 times I played this ship I've had 2 destroyers and torpedo planes gunning for me. I don't care who you are when your being focused someone needs to step up and take some of the heat off ,but no, players just look at my stats and so nope and hide at the back or run across the map....

Now I've watched the vids on youtube and saw how this game is supposed to be played but in Random battles everyone for themselves...

[HYD]
Members
7,105 posts
5,289 battles

Who ever goes by player stats, are imbeciles.  Poor stats don't mean crap especially with prems.  I use my prems to train new captains to get the skills up.  So I've been informed that my Warspite is at 40% win rate, big deal, I currently have 3 different capitains and rotate them through, and if I can I'll back someone who in need of some help if they're being focused.  90% of the time I get torped from a fn destroyer that the cruisers can't be bothered to kill.  Anyone who knows this ship knows it's not the most responsive to turning, speeding up, most ships will out run it, and the gun rotation is horrendous. I think I got one captain to 7.5km on the secondaries but the destroyers need to be seen, the last 3 times I played this ship I've had 2 destroyers and torpedo planes gunning for me. I don't care who you are when your being focused someone needs to step up and take some of the heat off ,but no, players just look at my stats and so nope and hide at the back or run across the map....

Now I've watched the vids on youtube and saw how this game is supposed to be played but in Random battles everyone for themselves...

-Describes the weaknesses of the Warspite, and battleships in general

-Thinks that the aforementioned weaknesses are an excuse for poor performance, despite the fact that many players do well in the same ship with the same weaknesses. 

I mean, I agree that stats aren't everything, but your post has nothing to do with that. 

• Cool 11

Members
272 posts
5,408 battles

Granted I haven no premiums except Kamikaze (earned), I don't think premiums are significantly different (not enough to blame or use as excuse).

Also, stats do not show the entire picture of a player's performance at all and should not be picked apart like so many love to do, but it does give a general idea of his/her performance so it does have meaning.

• Cool 1

[SHOJO]
Beta Testers
249 posts
1,756 battles

I'd love to say I have a good Win Rate in my Yamato, but right now it's abysmal. I don't really bother to make excuses, though, and I might eventually ask for advice on how to do certain things. 

But another whine post? :child:

[YIKES]
Members
3,880 posts
23,726 battles

What is the point to this post, OP?

Someone brought up OP's stats ingame and called him a wallet warrior. OP got hurt. A single tear started rolling. OP knew people are wrong. OP wanted to tell us that people are wrong.
  • Cool 4

Supertester
4,153 posts
4,643 battles

Stats are alright to use when you have a high number of games

• Cool 1

Beta Testers
151 posts
16,284 battles

Stats are alright to use when you have a high number of games

Even better when you drop the first 5000.  Well mine are.  hehehe

[BOTES]
Members
2,228 posts
8,516 battles

Stats are meaningless. Teamwork works because good combinations of ships sail well together, not because one player is an eggplant and the other is a tomato.

[CTF38]
[CTF38]
Members
4,535 posts
14,001 battles

Someone brought up OP's stats ingame and called him a wallet warrior. OP got hurt. A single tear started rolling. OP knew people are wrong. OP wanted to tell us that people are wrong.

Ah, I see.  Thanks for the clarification.  Help is available; dial 1-800-TIS-SUES
Edited by mohawkdriver

[GWG]
Members
7,229 posts
14,042 battles

Bringing up stats during a battle is the ultimate waste of time.

First of all, there are a LOT of stats to see on an OP.

Does one look at -overall- or just the last 7 days?

Does it look at performance in that particular ship, class?

Does it compare performance in this situation?  CV or non-CV battles?

Does it show what their RNGsus rating is for this battle ??  -- certainly not.

And I will continue to build up my Kiev and be a 'RED' rated player.

I finally got the 'B' hull last night and now working toward 8KM torps and targeting.  Got 35K XP to go.

This ship was shaky at tier 7 but now at tier 8... it's a challenge.

Basically, it's a YOLO machine that can't YOLO anymore.  It's an HE spammer that constantly gets lit up by Radar after 3-4 salvos.

So I serve my team by smoking the battleships and scouting outside the smoke for targets - keeping my guns silent.

I'm either top of my losing team, or bottom of a winning one.

[SALTY]
Members
1,291 posts
4,139 battles

Hey! Another bad player saying stats mean nothing thread.

• Cool 7

Members
739 posts
7,780 battles

-Describes the weaknesses of the Warspite, and battleships in general

-Thinks that the aforementioned weaknesses are an excuse for poor performance, despite the fact that many players do well in the same ship with the same weaknesses. 

I mean, I agree that stats aren't everything, but your post has nothing to do with that. 

^^ This

Who ever goes by player stats, are imbeciles.  Poor stats don't mean crap especially with prems.  I use my prems to train new captains to get the skills up.  So I've been informed that my Warspite is at 40% win rate, big deal, I currently have 3 different capitains and rotate them through, and if I can I'll back someone who in need of some help if they're being focused. 

90% of the time I get torped from a fn destroyer that the cruisers can't be bothered to kill.  Anyone who knows this ship knows it's not the most responsive to turning, speeding up, most ships will out run it, and the gun rotation is horrendous.

Why do you have 3 captains for your warspite? :\ Get ONE good one before grinding out new ones, there is after all only 1 UK line in the game ATM.

Better yet, get one captain to 19 points, then you can use the XP you earn on it for other captains....

Getting torped has little to do with "being responsive to turning" Avoiding torps in battleships is very much a situational awareness/intuition thing... it is a skill that need to be developed in order to perform in BBs, if you're only reacting when you spot the torps, its often already too late.

Stats do have a purpose, it's unfortunate that some people will use it to put other people down, but that hardly makes stats irrelevant.

I have some good news and bad news for you...

First the bad:

if you're getting torped by DDs, Its on you

if you're getting burned to death by HE, Its on you

if you're losing more games than the average player, Its on you

if you're getting weak games with low damage, Its on you

if your stats suck.... yes, you guessed it, Its on you

NOW the good news!

Since all of these things are now your fault, it means that you don't need to change other players to improve! Since all of these things are on you, it means that YOU CAN FIX THEM.

Its not,

"OH the DDs didn't cap"

"The Cruiser didn't kill the DD"

"The BB didn't kill the Cruiser"

"The CV didn't defend you from planes"

It's

Why didn't I cap?

Why didn't I kill that DD?

Why didn't I kill that Cruiser?

Why didn't I find some AA cover?

If you can understand this concept you will have gained probably the single best tool you will ever use in your life.

• Cool 2

[VVV]
Members
341 posts

with enough battles ( so that sample becomes statisticaly significant) stats show you how often you win, and how much you do in battles to help, or hurt your team. stats realy do that, in fact they are that by definition.

you can come up with reasons why you have the stats you do, to explain, or excuse them but facts remain facts.

if you lose more games than you win, then you do. if you dont like it, change your behavior, if you are ok with it embrace it, if you realy hate it but cant/wont face it then continue to be in denial.

[FKK]
Members
580 posts
25,695 battles
Moderated by Volier_Zcit
Edited by Volier_Zcit

Members
2,709 posts
17,046 battles

Were these Youtube videos not of regular Random battles? You seem to suggest players who post videos on Youtube have access to some utopia WOWS battle mode the rest of us do not.

[GGWP]
[GGWP]
Members
1,628 posts
10,908 battles

Eh, stats aren't everything, but overall they give you a good idea of what kind of player you / others are. If you yolo every game and don't care about your stats, then don't care about them, even if someone calls you out. My advice, if you want to get better look at how you are playing, the better you play, the better the team will do as a whole.

For example, I have been grinding ranked out, first I was playing like I do in randoms, that worked until R10. At R10 my playstyle was totally failing, and I was losing. I adjusted my playstyle, made it to R5, started failing again, adjusted my playstyle, now I am at R2.1. There have been plenty of games I lost because of team potato and I simply did not have enough time to contribute. However, just the same, there have been plenty of games if I had played better we would have won.

I thought about how I was playing, what I could do better and made an effort to change it. If you dont care to be better, or simply are playing the best you can, then accept it and dont let trolls bother you. I play a lot of games where people call me noob, loser, etc... and I reply, not a noob, just not as good as you.

[-GPS-]
Members
2,912 posts
36,732 battles

Gee, my Kutuzov isn't quite as OP if I put a 3-point captain in her... go figure. 

My question for the OP is "Have you ever run a 10 point or better captain spec'd for Warspite?"  Did you play well in her then?  Do you play well in any BB?

For me, stats are like a golf score card. Useful as a benchmark for my own performance.  Win rate is statistically meaningless until you have hundreds if not over 1,000 battles. WarshipsToday rating is crap with too much emphasis on kills and damage at the expense of XP and teamwork. If your average damage, XP and kills are going up steadily, you are improving.

If you're not improving, figure out why or quit. 

[SEA]
Beta Testers
66 posts
10,184 battles

Stats are not everything. If you play 10 games in Warspite and got 40% vr, it is OK. But if you played more than 1000 games and have the 40% vr for the 1000 games, that tells something. That is what I think.

I know lots of people always blame the team blablablabla. But when you are losing, think about what you have done in the game good or bad, and what you can improve that is what will make you play better.

Captain is something, but comparing to your stats, it affects weaker. You mentioned you got torped a lot. If you have a T6 captain, and learn the detect torp skill, and estimate the location of dds wisely, it is not that easy for a bb to eat torp and die. You can try to play a dd and torp some bbs, you will find some really good bbs. They can dodge or get avoid of mass damage really well. On the other hand, some other player just eat a big chunk. Well, it also happens to me some time but normally I can dodge torps or just get hit by 1 or 2 torp. 

You say no one kill dds. Well, you can do it yourself. Your ap shell can do some serious dmg to dds if you aim well and get some good luck. 

In random game, you cannot rely on the team a lot. Sometimes, you can meet some good players like some rank 1 players (Get rank 1 in less than 300 games those who get r1 in 1000 games just play a lot and get carried by others). And they will cooperate with you well or just carry the entire team. But normally, you are on your own. 

As a bb player, if you can shoot very well, you can sit back and knock down the enemy, if not, but you can dodge/reduce damage(use your repair party wisely, and control your ship wisely blabla) very well (Of course, including torpedoes). You can tank the damage for your team and let them feel free to shoot. 

If you can do one thing I mentioned above, you can get probably around 55% vr or even higher in random games. Even if you lose, you can earn some xp and money. 

If ship and captain is hardware of this game, you are the software. Except for some very bad hardware, you can do your job with your good software no matter in which ship (PS: You also need use your software to choose the captain skills wisely).

Edited by NakanuMo
  • Cool 1

Members
739 posts
7,780 battles

While I totally understand what you are saying and agree about 75%...

If i get you right, if the Quarterback would just learn to block, tackle, run the right routes, how to do zone and man-to-man, make FGs, Punt, Coach, and play all the instruments in the band....THE TEAM would never lose another game?

Do you ever listen to how [edited] you sound? The reason you have a TEAM in Co-op, Random, and Ranked is because...YOU NEED A TEAM. If you were the only person needed to win, hey, you would 12 on 1...

Tell me....where in my post do I say you'll win every game? also if your quarterback was capable of doing all those things at once.... yeh the other team wouldn't have a chance....

And you HAVE a team, it isn't 12 vs 1, you don't need to do anything to have that team, it is given to you free of charge and without you needing to do anything of note.

Also

if you're losing more games than the average player, Its on you

The "average player" gets the same "good teams" and the same "bad teams" you get in the long run, so if you're losing more games than said average player, ITS ON YOU!

Ps. I don't know why you would [edited] out brilliant or awesome..... pretty sure those words don't violate forum rules

Edited by Sethanas
  • Cool 1