You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Estimated_Prophet

Two generations of 'Littoral Combat Ships:' USS Tulsa

4 comments in this topic

[RLGN]
Members
14,910 posts
26,435 battles

After having our Baltimore/Oregon cancelled at the end of World War II; my hometown is FINALLY getting a ship named after it again.

First Gen: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/USS_Tulsa_(PG-22)

Second Gen: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/USS_Tulsa_(LCS-16)

[0O0O0]
Members
16,315 posts
12,187 battles

nice, gratz!

Lived in Asheville for many years, fantastic place. Some connection :)

Edited by slak__

Members
2,632 posts
10,276 battles

Congrats! Personally, I find it preferable to have a town name for surface ships rather than, say, the submarine that currently carries the Pittsburgh name for example. Although I bellyache for no reason; the local large war memorial has the bell from the Baltimore-class Pittsburgh and will soon add the bow ornament of the armored cruiser Pittsburgh to an outdoor display.

[0O0O0]
Members
16,315 posts
12,187 battles

Congrats! Personally, I find it preferable to have a town name for surface ships rather than, say, the submarine that currently carries the Pittsburgh name for example. Although I bellyache for no reason; the local large war memorial has the bell from the Baltimore-class Pittsburgh and will soon add the bow ornament of the armored cruiser Pittsburgh to an outdoor display.

SSBN/SSN's are essentially the first strike weapon of the USN, I can't think of any other class that would be more prestigious. The new generation of Carriers are a joke fiscally, ditto whatever that thing is that the Navy calls a Destroyer. Subs have been and will continue to be the most effective arm of the USN.

Edited by slak__