You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Ducati_Black

Premium BB - British/Russian

35 comments in this topic

[-BRS-]
Members
472 posts
20,598 battles

BTW WG....I am expecting a sweet British or Soviet Tier 8 Premium Battleship before those lines are released. 

Don't release some t4-7 nonsense. Time to release the good stuff.

• Cool 1

[HINON]
Privateers
6,266 posts
3,308 battles

So, T3 then? :P

• Cool 1

[NMKJT]
Beta Testers
24,800 posts
3,895 battles

Warspite in tier 6 is perfectly fine. Rumor has it Hood in tier 7 is coming soon.

Russia never built anything that could pass tier 5, so be prepared for 5 tiers of complete fantasy culminating in a tier 10 monstrosity with 51cm guns and the most trollish armor imaginable, specifically designed to abuse every game mechanic it can to be the best ship in the game, while having token weaknesses that are greatly overshadowed by its insane strengths.

Just like the cruiser and destroyer lines.

Edited by Destroyer_Kiyoshimo
  • Cool 6

[-BRS-]
Members
472 posts
20,598 battles

Warspite in tier 6 is perfectly fine. Rumor has it Hood in tier 7 is coming soon.

Russia never built anything that could pass tier 5, so be prepared for 5 tiers of complete fantasy culminating in a tier 10 monstrosity with 51cm guns and the most trollish armor imaginable, specifically designed to abuse every game mechanic it can to be the best ship in the game, while having token weaknesses that are greatly overshadowed by its insane strengths.

I can't wait to see what comes. I hope the french cruisers are fun. But I'm looking forward to some steller high tier ships.

[SQUAD]
Members
9,172 posts
11,680 battles

Shchors would like a word with you.

[NMKJT]
Beta Testers
24,800 posts
3,895 battles

I was gonna talk to her, but Khabarovsk, Moskva, Nikolai, Budyonny, Molotov, Kutuzov, Chapyev, Donskoi, Kiev, Grozevoi, Ognevoi, and Uldaoi took her behind the shed earlier and I haven't seen her since.

I wanted to look but Murmansk and Gremyaschchy kept me from going.

Edited by Destroyer_Kiyoshimo
  • Cool 3

[HINON]
Privateers
6,266 posts
3,308 battles

I was gonna talk to her, but Khabarovsk, Moskva, Nikolai, Budyonny, Molotov, Donskoi, Kiev, Grozevoi, Ognevoi, and Uldaoi took her behind the shed earlier and I haven't seen her since.

Oh, I saw her. She came back out with 200mm of side plating. 
Edited by RivertheRoyal

[CVLOV]
Beta Testers
3,640 posts
2,633 battles

BTW WG....I am expecting a sweet British or Soviet Tier 8 Premium Battleship before those lines are released.

Be careful what you wish for...

We have one excellent premium T8 BB right now, and one incoming which depending to whom you ask isn't exactly stellar.

I'd rather have a "T7 Scharnhorst"-type than a "T8 Alabama"-type for example.

Indeed... which will probably make the future Russian T8 premium BB a total beast, well worth the asking money.

Looking forward to Hood a lot tho.  A tier 7 with 2x2 torpedo tubes, good speed(28-31) and WarSpite-grade guns (good dispersion), maybe with UK agility only found in the WarSpite so far (tho longer ship so maybe 650m instead of 560) is quite an interesting prospect.  Even if not armored as much, it's far more forgivable at tier7 than tier8.  Yup, can't wait for that one.

Edited by Francois424

[SYN]
[SYN]
Members
8,750 posts
15,279 battles

There aren't really any good options I know of for either unfortunately.

[PLDN]
Alpha Tester
2,156 posts
6,643 battles

Fight me. Shchors is a fantastic and borderline OP cruiser capable of face rolling tier 9 BBs and DDs.

[HINON]
[HINON]
Beta Testers
5,913 posts
5,644 battles

Rumor has it Hood in tier 7 is coming soon.

Where is this rumor? I want to has it!

[DARTH]
Members
555 posts
14,815 battles

I'd love to see a premium Duke of York, that would make a nice bookend for Scharnhorst.  

• Cool 1

[NMKJT]
Beta Testers
24,800 posts
3,895 battles

Where is this rumor? I want to has it!

It's just a rumor. I can't even recall my source so take it with a grain of salt and save hype for a more official announcement.
  • Cool 1

Members
1,947 posts
8,913 battles

Russian BB line? They have a 3, 4, and 8/9. There are no Russian BBs, there was barely a Soviet navy. There are about 15 lines I'd rather see ahead of that.

• Cool 1

[KNMSU]
Members
7,086 posts
7,766 battles

Plenty of options for British tier 7/8 premium BB. I might initially look at some of the preliminary designs to N3 (though they were likely a bit too large), but am intrigued by the thought of a modernized U4 from 1914.

Edited by IJN_Hyuga

[ABDA]
Beta Testers
17,536 posts
12,810 battles

The good stuff stops at T7.  Everything else gets pulled into T10 campfests.

Members
4,478 posts
19,839 battles

Russian BB line? They have a 3, 4, and 8/9. There are no Russian BBs, there was barely a Soviet navy. There are about 15 lines I'd rather see ahead of that.

There may be more Roo-Shin Warships in WoW's tech tree and premium shop than there were in real life during the first half of the 20th Century.

[REVY]
Members
8,088 posts
6,118 battles

Premium BB - British/Russian

HMS Royal Sovereign / Arkhangelsk? I have no idea if the Russian put a special camo on the ship, or the British put it there when she served in the Soviet Navy.

the-royal-navy-revengeclass-battleship-h

Edited by Sventex
  • Cool 2

[POP]
Beta Testers
4,735 posts
7,019 battles

the world will feel the might of sovetsky soyuz

Modder
1,306 posts

It's just a rumor. I can't even recall my source so take it with a grain of salt and save hype for a more official announcement.

It's not just a rumour, the ship's identifier was posted by a member of WG staff on the RU forums in a thread about customising audio files ingame.

uMSCA.png

Link to the post; http://forum.worldofwarships.ru/index.php?/topic/79015-%D0%B8%D0%BD%D1%81%D1%82%D1%80%D1%83%D0%BA%D1%86%D0%B8%D1%8F-%D0%B4%D0%BB%D1%8F-%D0%BC%D0%BE%D0%B4%D0%B8%D1%84%D0%B8%D1%86%D0%B8%D1%80%D0%BE%D0%B2%D0%B0%D0%BD%D0%B8%D1%8F-%D0%B7%D0%B2%D1%83%D0%BA%D0%BE%D0%B2-%D0%B8%D0%B3%D1%80%D1%8B-%D0%B3%D0%BA/

[HINON]
Privateers, In AlfaTesters
7,775 posts
2,137 battles

I'm mean, it's not Russian or British, but Roma is coming next as far as Premium BBs goes... (After 'Bama)

Modder
1,306 posts

I'm mean, it's not Russian or British, but Roma is coming next as far as Premium BBs goes... (After 'Bama)

Given that in the post on the RU forums that seemed to indicate all the ship identifiers in the game currently and that the Roma was not mentioned at all in that list, I have some doubts about when exactly she's coming.

[HINON]
Privateers, In AlfaTesters
7,775 posts
2,137 battles

Given that in the post on the RU forums that seemed to indicate all the ship identifiers in the game currently and that the Roma was not mentioned at all in that list, I have some doubts about when exactly she's coming.

My guess would put her in the summer, but WG definitely said she'd be coming, with the statement 'not before 'Bama'

[-BRS-]
Members
472 posts
20,598 battles

My guess would put her in the summer, but WG definitely said she'd be coming, with the statement 'not before 'Bama'

Would Roma be T8?

[WOLF3]
Members
28,143 posts
24,488 battles

It will be glorious, Comrade!