Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
misanthrope0

Are Campaigns worth it?

43 comments in this topic

[WOLFB]
Beta Testers
1,157 posts
7,474 battles

Is  there any large and worthwhile reward at the end to justify the effort? Reason I ask I just unlocked and finished the last Mission in Task Group 10 in Science of Victory only to find out that unlocking the last task in a group does not really complete things so that after group 5 I had started only completing enough to open that last task under the mistaken impression I didn't need to do each and every(other wise why let you advance). So from 6 on I have 30 more missions to complete some of them way hard and involving crapI don't play like CV's

Unless there is rather large and rare reward I'm not inclined to keep running in the hamster wheel.

Members
1,529 posts
11,578 battles

One campaign has Shinonome IJN DD as a reward, forget which one though, as I am not home. It's a pretty good DD and I thought the reward was worth it. Your mileage may vary depending on playstyle and ships you like to play.

[SBS]
Members
6,114 posts

The prize is 7 days of premium for your account.  As you probably know, you don't have to do all the tasks to complete each mission.  Once you've done all the missions you get the 7 days premium. 

I got through all the missions and now I'm going back to try to finish all the incomplete tasks just to get a few more of the awards.  I figured I'm playing the game anyways so I might as well get a few extra goodies along the way.

Edited by Slimeball91

[CJN]
[CJN]
Beta Testers
719 posts
8,141 battles

Yes very much so. You can get so much from them (flags, credits, even the Shinonome like mentioned above. I wish they would introduce more.

[COLD1]
Members
34 posts
707 battles

Sure it's worth it, you just pick them and get free stuff when you complete one. You can skip the carrier ones and just forget the 10 flags or whatever that mission would give you.

Unless you're too lazy to occasionally read a sentence, then click a button. Then they're not.

Edited by Hans_Sprungfeld

[GWG]
[GWG]
Supertester
27,216 posts
14,759 battles

They aren't worth grinding but if you load up some tasks and let them finish on their own they are well worth it.

[PLDN]
Alpha Tester
2,162 posts
6,715 battles

Its free stuff that completes itself in the background as long as you keep picking missions. Why not have campaigns running?

• Cool 2

[GWG]
[GWG]
Supertester
27,216 posts
14,759 battles

Its free stuff that completes itself in the background as long as you keep picking missions. Why not have campaigns running?

THIS!

Members
5,435 posts
10,504 battles

You do not have to do EVERY mission in the campaign - if you get enough pins to do the Final Task at each - then you will get the reward at teh end.  When looking at the missions - you can see what you get for free when you complete each one before you accept it.

[ABDA]
Beta Testers
17,536 posts
12,810 battles

I'm still grinding out my Shininome.  It's really the only reason I bother with my t8 plus ships.  If they allowed T7 in, I'd have been done ages ago.

[RLGN]
Members
14,960 posts
26,494 battles

Even Honorable Service is doable with enough persistence.

One level I was pretty much was screwed unless I got really, REALLY lucky, (skill level issues...)

Managed to squeeze by on two of those, then did 1,000,000 worth of damage to earn five 200,000 damage pins against German ships to make up the rest.

Beta Testers
2,580 posts
4,716 battles

Aside from the previously mentioned Shinonome (which I'm still far from getting) & small rewards* for each task:

The Xmas missions earned me Graf Spee, Farragut, Leander, Bearn, Fuso, Budyonny all with port slots, decent Comanders & permanent cammo (also a permanent cammo for those with Tirpitz).

*but they add up to pretty substantial benefit, also on the ones without time limit you can go back & complete everything to earn full rewards.

[WOLF3]
Members
28,279 posts
24,681 battles

It's something to do, something to chase. 

The Honorable Service campaign (Tier VIII-X) rewards Tier VI IJN DD Shinonomonenenene.

The Science of Victory campaign (Tier IV start at first, then raises the minimum as you go up the missions with eventually the minimum tier being VI) rewards 7 days Premium Acct time.

The missions also toss a bunch of freebies your way.  The only thing I warn about is when you're chasing these missions, you may be willing to do something stupid that can get you rekt.

Members
1,947 posts
8,913 battles

One campaign has Shinonome IJN DD as a reward, forget which one though, as I am not home. It's a pretty good DD and I thought the reward was worth it. Your mileage may vary depending on playstyle and ships you like to play.

Shinonome is one of the worst ships tier for tier in the game, its good stats are because of the quality of players who have it.

Campaigns are a great way to earn flags and other rewards, including doubloons, and the Shinonome. There is no downside.

[HINON]
Privateers
6,266 posts
3,308 battles

Shinonome is one of the worst ships tier for tier in the game, its good stats are because of the quality of players who have it.

Campaigns are a great way to earn flags and other rewards, including doubloons, and the Shinonome. There is no downside.

Shinonome is a good trainer for the IJN DD's. 

Beta Testers
1,180 posts
7,853 battles

I have to disagree. The Shinonome is just a Fubuki essentially. It is a fine tier 6. Not even close to one of the worst ships in the game.

And to the OP. If you complete all missions in a campaign you get an extra ribbon on your account (outside to the final reward for completing the campaign). 

[VVV]
Members
341 posts

more missions to complete some of them way hard and involving crapI don't play like CV's

You can repeat a mission you already did to get pips to open final task. you don't need cvs,

[WOLFG]
Members
30,795 posts
9,354 battles

I tend to just do missions I can complete by just playing normally, and repeating them for the pins.

[SQUAD]
Members
9,176 posts
11,689 battles

I don't think they're worth it, honestly. For the average player, it'll take longer to complete them than you'll be playing the game, because they can only be done in randoms. For truly dedicated randoms players, I guess they're worth it in the sense that those players will eventually complete them by default. Casual players though, no, not even remotely worth it.

[SQUAD]
Members
9,176 posts
11,689 battles

Shin is a copypasta Fubuki, one of the better torpedo boats in the game. I've no idea where you got the idea she's one of the worst ships in the game.

Members
5,435 posts
10,504 battles

I don't think they're worth it, honestly. For the average player, it'll take longer to complete them than you'll be playing the game, because they can only be done in randoms. For truly dedicated randoms players, I guess they're worth it in the sense that those players will eventually complete them by default. Casual players though, no, not even remotely worth it.

I am a casual player - average a couple games a day but can spend sevral days not playing at any given time.  Got the 7 days premium without too much trouble.  I won't get the DD however mainly due to not having correct ships or not being good in the needed ships to complete.  However I completed as much as I could till I stopped.  As noted already - if playing no reason not to have tasks loaded up - still get free stuff.

[BUOY]
Members
1,105 posts
15,289 battles

I am a casual player - average a couple games a day but can spend sevral days not playing at any given time.  Got the 7 days premium without too much trouble.  I won't get the DD however mainly due to not having correct ships or not being good in the needed ships to complete.  However I completed as much as I could till I stopped.  As noted already - if playing no reason not to have tasks loaded up - still get free stuff.

Sorry if you already knew this, but you can farm pins on tasks you've already completed and every mission has a deal 200k damage as well as other 'inevitable' cumulative pin missions.

I went to farming pins by mission 2 since it was taking way too long only completing tasks I hadn't done and am just about to unlock the final mission.

[RLGN]
Members
14,960 posts
26,494 battles

I absoluted despise my Fubuki; free or not; I think it's a lump of sand and molasses-filled gears.

Sinonome I at least feel comfortable using; even if it is essentially a Fubuki.

Casual players though, no, not even remotely worth it.

Just activate some mission and let it run in the background. In theory the first two campaigns are permanent. One month or one year or whatever; eventually you will clear them; even as a casual player.

Edited by Estimated_Prophet

Sign in to follow this