You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Drakausa

Lose a Star

9 comments in this topic

Members
642 posts
782 battles

Here it seems is the way ranked stars work. If above rank 15 and you win a star you are NOT advanced to the next rank. You must win a consecutive game to advance and this next game must be won or you lose the star and no advance. This has happened to me several times since I started and I have reached rank 17 but winning a star at rank 17 did not raise me to rank16. I had to miss a day (health) but the following day I entered the game, checked my rank and found my star missing - again - and having to start over again at 17. So we must win two games in a row to get that next rank. Sent support ticket in to find out if it was me misunderstanding the system or some sort of a bug. They replied to send them a screenshot of the page  as well as stating that if you lose a game you lose a star but I am mystified as to what happened to the win and advance up to 15? It would simply show my present game status, not progression. Just wondering if I should just forget about Ranked play. Not really worth the disappointment and bother I think.

Members
11,026 posts
30,430 battles

I had few instances while ranking out where I won a game, but the star didn't count.

I relogged, and the count was correct.

Not sure if perhaps playing a match while your client is displaying an erroneous count "fixes" your count in that erroneous state? It shouldn't, but....

Members
86 posts
1,675 battles

I'm not sure exaclty what you are asking so I'll just explain how the ranked star system works and I hope to answer your question in there.

So each rank is composed of a number of stars. The lowest rank has one star to it. To gain a star you must win a battle. As you gain ranks, however, they require more stars (wins) to move up to the next rank. So for example, rank 16 needs 2 stars for you to reach rank 15. Win two battles and you move up. If you lose a battle you will lose a star. UNLESS you are the top XP earner on your team. Then you don't win or lose a star.

Now lets say you win both your games and you move up to rank 15. Rank 15 is irrevocable which means even if you lose your next battle, you won't drop down to 16. You could lose 100 battles at rank 15 and you would never drop a rank. Which also is not the case once you make it up to rank 10 or higher. All of those ranks can be lost if you keep losing.

I hope I answered your question. If i didn't, try rewording it. I will keep an eye on this thread for awhile.

[HELLS]
Members
2,729 posts
28,897 battles

Above Rank 15, advancing requires a consistent win rate of 66%, otherwise you will stagnate at Rank 15. To advance faster, a 75% win rate is nesessary. Anything above 60% is unicum country. To go from Rank 15 to Rank 1 requires 60 wins. Any losses raise that number by an equal amount of wins to make up the difference, ie., if you lose 10 battles, then you will need to win 70 battles, for a total of 80 battles played to get to Rank 1. I stated in this forum that I would play exactly the same number of games in Ranked as I played last year to reach Rank 15. I reached Rank 15 (from Rank 19 based on last year's Ranked results) in 11 battles. With 18 battles played I am still stuck at Rank 15 with a 50% win rate. I do not expect to get any higher than I am despite the fact that I have 4 battles to go to match last year's total. The best I can do with 4 consecutive wins on top of the two I won today is Rank 13. Unless different arrangements of Tiers and wins is made, this will probably be my last outing in Ranked.

[SF-3]
Beta Testers
594 posts
8,966 battles

Above Rank 15, advancing requires a consistent win rate of 66%, otherwise you will stagnate at Rank 15. To advance faster, a 75% win rate is nesessary. Anything above 60% is unicum country. To go from Rank 15 to Rank 1 requires 60 wins. Any losses raise that number by an equal amount of wins to make up the difference, ie., if you lose 10 battles, then you will need to win 70 battles, for a total of 80 battles played to get to Rank 1. I stated in this forum that I would play exactly the same number of games in Ranked as I played last year to reach Rank 15. I reached Rank 15 (from Rank 19 based on last year's Ranked results) in 11 battles. With 18 battles played I am still stuck at Rank 15 with a 50% win rate. I do not expect to get any higher than I am despite the fact that I have 4 battles to go to match last year's total. The best I can do with 4 consecutive wins on top of the two I won today is Rank 13. Unless different arrangements of Tiers and wins is made, this will probably be my last outing in Ranked.

What? If you have 51% winrate you will advance to rank 1 given enough time. Heck, you can do it with less than 50% winrate if you save your star occasionally.

• Cool 2

[HELLS]
Members
2,729 posts
28,897 battles

What? If you have 51% winrate you will advance to rank 1 given enough time. Heck, you can do it with less than 50% winrate if you save your star occasionally.

At 50% the math is inescapable unless you get on a win streak of more than three straight. The best I have ever done is five straight wins in a row, twice, in Random, at Tiers 6 and 7. Even then you would need multiple three-win streaks to advance at all, especially beyond Rank 12. Saving your star requires that you finish top of team in a loss, with 8:1 odds against that it will happen. There are only about thirty or so players that can be that consistent on the NA server in a loss situation in Ranked, and their stats show that they are unicum or close to it in Random play.

• Cool 1

[GGWP]
Beta Testers
2,180 posts
10,504 battles

Wall of text. Didnt read. Formatting is your friend

Members
739 posts
7,780 battles

You can in fact reach rank 1 with a sub 50% win rate

At 50% the math is inescapable unless you get on a win streak of more than three straight.

Keeping stars is not that hard on a loss, if you are playing the right ships the right way even a mediocre player will save a star every once in a while. Now, if you want to reach rank 1 without playing 3-400 games you'll have to do better than 50%.