Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Admiral_Thrawn_1

Matching Improvements need to be made

21 comments in this topic

[RKLES]
Members
12,557 posts
14,317 battles

Since Spring Break has been arriving it highlights a problem World of Tanks Blitz once suffered greatly from which is the influx of kids playing game results in highly unreliable teams coupled with the problem that if you are bottom tier and your top tiers are noobs you are doomed to a loss which pretty much 0 hope of carrying a team due to the vast difference in armor and firepower. However there is a solution that has already been proven to work for over a year now in Blitz.

WOWs needs to introduce -1/+1 MM into the game since it allows skilled players to be able to mantain their WR while at same time the teAms that are completely filled with noobs fail and their WR reflect this.

This MM is already in use in low tier in WOWs already, it just needs to be extended all the way to tier X.

Some grumbled over this in Blitz because some X players loved seal clubbing tier 8s, but in reality with -1/+1 your damage totals as a good player actually get increased thanks to higher HP pool at tier X to feed off of consistently so there is actually no real benifits really to the -2/+2 MM.

You can never totally eliminate the problem of noob players that attempt to ruin your games, but -1/+1 MM greatly diminishes the power of noobs to hurt your WR.

• Cool 1

Alpha Tester, Members, In AlfaTesters, Beta Testers
12,401 posts

I don't personally see the issue. You will get the same ratio of not so good players no matter what you do. The only problem with +2/-2 is players are forced to think more when down tiered. I don't see it as a WG problem personally. I view it as a player problem. It's the irrational attitude of "all hope is lost" when downtiered that causes a lot of the issues. Players who accept such a fate the moment they see the team make-ups are automatically more likely to be a detriment to the match.

[RKLES]
Members
12,557 posts
14,317 battles

Let's say for and the only good players on the team are tier 6, the tier 7 and 8 players in your team are completely clueless, but enemy players are average to good players. How do you propose that such battles are won when your noobs will be burned off in 2-5 minutes?

I have played Blitz for over a couple years and know the horrors that happen when schools are not in session and you are trying to grind up though various lines.

Of course you fight hard, but statistically no matter how many shots you sink into the enemy you will fail if enemy has overwhelming firepower of you look at things realistically.

Edited by Admiral_Thrawn_1

[SYN]
Members
15,875 posts
12,803 battles

I don't think it's as much as +/- 1, so much as not having the bad CV player on your team.

Members
170 posts
3,711 battles

if there was a significant power gap between the tiers WG would likely implement +/-1 MM but as it stands this gap isn't really a thing. The gap in power between 4-6,3-5 is hilarious and it's nearly impossible for the bottom tier to do anything. Tier 5 ships match up much more closely with 7 as well as 6 and 8 and so on.

[SYN]
Members
15,875 posts
12,803 battles

if there was a significant power gap between the tiers WG would likely implement +/-1 MM but as it stands this gap isn't really a thing. The gap in power between 4-6,3-5 is hilarious and it's nearly impossible for the bottom tier to do anything. Tier 5 ships match up much more closely with 7 as well as 6 and 8 and so on.

Only certain T5 can deal with T7

The rest of them are all garbage

By "Certain", I mean the following: Gremy (Stealth), Kamikaze/Fujin (stealth), Konig (armor), Konigsberg (range and DPM), Ohkotnik (stealth and firepower)

and even then, all of them are thoroughly fodder for a T7 CV

Edited by MrDeaf

[WG-CC]
Privateers, Members
9,091 posts
7,978 battles

Let's say for and the only good players on the team are tier 6, the tier 7 and 8 players in your team are completely clueless, but enemy players are average to good players. How do you propose that such battles are won when your noobs will be burned off in 2-5 minutes?

I have played Blitz for over a couple years and know the horrors that happen when schools are not in session and you are trying to grind up though various lines.

Of course you fight hard, but statistically no matter how many shots you sink into the enemy you will fail if enemy has overwhelming firepower of you look at things realistically.

When the enemy team has more skilled players overall it is only natural for them to win. +-1 MM would not change that.

[RKLES]
Members
12,557 posts
14,317 battles

When the enemy team has more skilled players overall it is only natural for them to win. +-1 MM would not change that.

It would actually shock you just how much of a difference -1/+1 MM would make because in Blitz I deep fried enemy team that consisted 75% of Unicum players and my team was uh definately not Unicum players lol. Would not have been possible under firmer MM like Wiws has.

Today my Fudo took a a salvo from enemy tier 8 ship and that single broadside lowered my HP by 80% since some how they managed to get pretty much every shell in that broadside at 19km range to hit my ship, I survived but the power gap is there. Other battles with other teams would have made that an easy loss for me.

[WG-CC]
Privateers, Members
9,091 posts
7,978 battles

It would actually shock you just how much of a difference -1/+1 MM would make because in Blitz I deep fried enemy team that consisted 75% of Unicum players and my team was uh definately not Unicum players lol. Would not have been possible under firmer MM like Wiws has.

Today my Fudo took a a salvo from enemy tier 8 ship and that single broadside lowered my HP by 80% since some how they managed to get pretty much every shell in that broadside at 19km range to hit my ship, I survived but the power gap is there. Other battles with other teams would have made that an easy loss for me.

Sure there is a power gap, but that gap can be overcome. Throwing in my most played battleship, the mighty Nagato. Since it's T7 she did not get affected by the MM of lower Tiers and I can safely estimate that ~40 of my matches were in T9 matches and the same number in T5 matches.

Nagato in T9, doesn't that sound horrible? Like facing Iowas and Roons? Not so much, I adapted to the new situation and still maintained my average damage. When facing T5 ships I could tank against some Battleships with ease. At Tier 9 I used guerillia warfare: don't seek open confrontation, use cover and hit hard out of nowhere.

Now I can also provide some examples what I did when facing NCs with my Fusou, but I only did that once because the circumstances must be perfect to do so. I used an island to conceal myself and when they got too close I pushed out and made a quick brawl killing them. One time he angled, so I fired at the sides of his turrets. Took out a main gun and then fired 12 HE shells into the superstructure. 

Being lowest Tier is not your doom, adapt a little bit and compensate with brain for what your ship lacks in firepower.

Members
291 posts
3,947 battles

​Why you don't have to suffer like we older players did?

The MM was so much worse most of the open beta period, we had to deal with unbalanced CV MM (2 tier 6 CV vs 1 tier 8 CV or no CV on the other side), AA cruisers were so precious back then because of unbalanced CV mm. Now you only have to deal with +2/-2 MM which is not that bad since unlike wot you can still damage higher tier ships with HE or delete them altogether if they ever show broadside. When uptiered all you have to do is try to adapt and try your best to support your team.:)

[RKLES]
Members
12,557 posts
14,317 battles

I know how to compensate and fight higher tiers, but the other thing to look at is can you trust your team that far to be able to? You see it's not just your ability, it's the ability for the completely cluseless teams to hold out, if they are facing 2 tiers above they get burned off way too quickly befefire you even have had the chance to kill 1-3 enemies. Now if the tier gap is lessened then the clueless teams will survive just long enough for you to kill off the enemy team and you can win the battles more often.

Members
291 posts
3,947 battles

I know how to compensate and fight higher tiers, but the other thing to look at is can you trust your team that far to be able to? You see it's not just your ability, it's the ability for the completely cluseless teams to hold out, if they are facing 2 tiers above they get burned off way too quickly befefire you even have had the chance to kill 1-3 enemies. Now if the tier gap is lessened then the clueless teams will survive just long enough for you to kill off the enemy team and you can win the battles more often.

​The main argument they had back then was "there's not enough players on higher tier brackets", but right now its pretty much evenly filled so I don't disagree with you.

[RKLES]
Members
12,557 posts
14,317 battles

​Why you don't have to suffer like we older players did?

The MM was so much worse most of the open beta period, we had to deal with unbalanced CV MM (2 tier 6 CV vs 1 tier 8 CV or no CV on the other side), AA cruisers were so precious back then because of unbalanced CV mm. Now you only have to deal with +2/-2 MM which is not that bad since unlike wot you can still damage higher tier ships with HE or delete them altogether if they ever show broadside. When uptiered all you have to do is try to adapt and try your best to support your team.:)

Parents become increasingly irresponsible in NA and let even 4 year old play games like this and are willing to buy those kids anything in game they want, and yes it's true I have friends that have eye witnessed such under age kids playing and the parents. Unbalanced ships are one thing, but teams that can't read or sometimes can't even speak English are another thing. Nice thing about beta tests is while they have a few noobs they tend to attract mostly serious gamers.

I may just have to get into Asian server since Asia they still value teamwork and intelligence. I got to play Blitz in Asia fir a while  before and it's like flipping a switch, I was amazed at the difference in the teams and the chat compared to NA. 

[WG-CC]
Privateers, Members
9,091 posts
7,978 battles

It does not matter if a clueless player faces someone one or two Tiers higher, they die within three or four salvos and it's done. Unless it's a Cruiser and I happen to sit in my Amagi, then they get one or two salvos before they explode. One Tier higher or lower does not really matter, if they show broadside, they explode.

I don't know how you imagine to carry your entire team in a way that you win. If my team is stupid while the enemy team isn't, I am destined to lose the match. The occasions where one player carried alone as lowest Tier can be counted on one hand.

That being said, you could try it out if you want using the Training Room. Find six average or above-average players and make a match with the MM you propose. You give yourself five bots (since they are dumb as hell) and the enemy team consists of your six volunteers. Let's look how it goes, you think you can win this match?

[SYN]
Members
15,875 posts
12,803 battles

If you don't like being bottom tier, play T10, problem solved :popcorn:

[RKLES]
Members
12,557 posts
14,317 battles

If you don't like being bottom tier, play T10, problem solved :popcorn:

That will be few months unless somebody gifts me a ton of Free XP or Doubloons lol. :coin:

Doing the free to play approach at least for a while.

[WOLFG]
Members
30,718 posts
9,292 battles

Only certain T5 can deal with T7

The rest of them are all garbage

By "Certain", I mean the following: Gremy (Stealth), Kamikaze/Fujin (stealth), Konig (armor), Konigsberg (range and DPM), Ohkotnik (stealth and firepower)

and even then, all of them are thoroughly fodder for a T7 CV

He did say "closer", not ideal. You could say the same thing about Tier 3s in a Tier 5 match, except it would be worse, because only the ships using stealth are viable. No cruisers or battleships would make that list.

And as far as a T7 CV making those T5 ships fodder, at least T5 ships have AA. a T3 ship has no chance against a T5 CV, instead of a slim one.

[WOLFG]
Members
30,718 posts
9,292 battles

You're not going to win more often, because there's going to be your opposite number on the other team getting the same benefit as you.

[SALVO]
Members
666 posts
14,708 battles

It isn't the teams holding you back, it is you.  Until you realize that and start making some changes to your game play you are going to continue to have this frustration.  Even if the team is bad it does not limit you to playing bad, you need to adjust your game and play better and the wins will start to increase.  You are a newer player, just because you played WOT Blitz and did well there does not mean you are going to be good at this game out of the starting gate.  It takes time to learn the maps and where to position, and how to adjust your play to the ship you are in and the makeup of the other team.  Start focusing on the things you can control and stop worrying about the things you can't (the other players on your team).  Biggest thing I see is the kill/death ratio less than 1 and low survival, you are not surviving enough and not taking ships out of the game.  That can either be from being too aggressive and getting focused early or sitting in back until the end and getting focused after the game is lost.  Looking at your Fuso with only 10% hitrate and 15k average damage, there is something very wrong there, even with a completely stock ship and new captain.  You are doing something wrong that you can fix (I still play my Fuso and it's a bad game to not get 50k damage), you just have to figure it out.  I would suggest saving a few replays and post them up here.  Folks will be plenty willing to help you out.  You will get much more satisfaction out of working to improve your game play (win or lose) than trying to get the other players in the game to do something that has not happened in any of the game WG has created.  

Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
8,843 posts
7,637 battles

Someone really needs to tell my T6s that they aren't supposed to be killing the scary T8s then...

Sign in to follow this