You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
AdmiralOthuyeg

A secret nerf to battleship accuracy, or am I losing my mind?

29 comments in this topic

[PNP]
Members
144 posts
10,528 battles

Ever since the latest miniupdate I have had this weird feeling that dispersion has been increased. No, I am not just a new player whining about the RNG. The ships I have experimented with are the North Carolina, Iowa and the Yamato.

Am I crazy? I feel like my average damage per round has been almost halved. Also when I look at my shells, they just seem to fly in a pattern you'd expect from a can of spraypaint.

Edited by AdmiralOthuyeg
  • Cool 1

[HINON]
Privateers
6,266 posts
3,308 battles

Sacrifice a goat. That might fix it for ya.  

• Cool 5

[FOXEH]
Alpha Tester
6,862 posts
16,433 battles

are you shooting in their recommended sweet spot ranges? because if you aren't you will have issues!:read_fish:

[HINON]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
894 posts
3,937 battles

Oh one of these threads again, must be the time of the month after a patch. Pray to RNGsus often and hard.

• Cool 1

[0O0O0]
Members
16,315 posts
12,187 battles
Edited by slak__

[PNP]
Members
144 posts
10,528 battles

are you shooting in their recommended sweet spot ranges? because if you aren't you will have issues!:read_fish:

With both the US and Japanese BB lines fully researched, I believe I have a pretty good idea on where to aim. I just see the shells going all over the place ever since 0.6.2.1

Members
398 posts

RNG loves you.

With both the US and Japanese BB lines fully researched, I believe I have a pretty good idea on where to aim. I just see the shells going all over the place ever since 0.6.2.1

Since the last patch, I've noticed more dispersion weirdness and wonky shell POI vs. POA, and it's either a clearly noticeable string of unfavorable RNGs or it's a change to nerf BBs.  Yesterday, I was <6km from a beached broadside cruiser in the Colorado- the entire volley missed in a HUGE shotgun pattern.  Another game yesterday in the Bayern I was <0.5km from a trailing low health BB that was mostly bow on and trying to ram me- all shells went high AND wide by more than the width of the enemy ship.  Neither has ever happened before separately, and both happened the same day.  I've noticed other wonky BB shots since the last patch, but those two stand out.

Edited by nhf

Members
920 posts
4,023 battles

Sometimes I think it would be funny if WG developers just fiddled with one parameter or two each update, then sat back and watched the forums go nuts for a while - just for laughs...who'd know?  They're probably all envious of the URL person...years of studying computer science and some web designer gets the attention and the big raise.  Say, while we're on the subject, can anyone explain why the number three turret on my Wyoming always misses?

[NMKJT]
Beta Testers
24,800 posts
3,895 battles

The 160k damage game I had today in Yamato begs to differ.

Confirmation bias. You had some bad luck. It happens.

People claim battleship accuracy has been stealth-nerfed after literally every patch and it always turns out to be confirmation bias and a bit of bad luck with no changes actually made.

[HINON]
Members
13,705 posts

The 160k damage game I had today in Yamato begs to differ.

Confirmation bias. You had some bad luck. It happens.

People claim battleship accuracy has been stealth-nerfed after literally every patch and it always turns out to be confirmation bias and a bit of bad luck with no changes actually made.

Pretty much this going right along with the ever common threads after patch day with titles like "WG nerfed citadels."

[WOLF3]
Members
28,141 posts
24,488 battles

Pretty much this going right along with the ever common threads after patch day with titles like "WG nerfed citadels."

MM has it in for me!

[KNTAI]
Members
3,133 posts
8,714 battles

I just devastated striked a Friedrich with double citadels with my Missouri an hour ago.

IPIYlRX.png

http://i.imgur.com/Mizl5OV.png

Edited by Excield

[WOLF3]
Members
28,141 posts
24,488 battles

I just devastated striked a Friedrich with double citadels with my Missouri an hour ago.

IPIYlRX.png

http://i.imgur.com/Mizl5OV.png

I sank in my FDG against a Yamato only a few minutes ago.  I had to make sure that wasn't my FDG getting posterized :hiding:

Members
824 posts
3,984 battles

I haven't experienced any unusual RNG lately just odd penetrations. With an alarming regularity every time I hit a broadside cruiser at under 9km the dang shells keep over penning instead clobbering it. Like the other day a hipper passed broadside at 5.4km and it ate 8 shells in the center mass just above the water line and kept on trucking with only 6000 HP lost.

Edited by Magic_Fighting_Tuna

[KVLT]
[KVLT]
Members
2,307 posts
8,652 battles

BBs were always bad you were just previously lucky

Alpha Tester
1,635 posts
9,525 battles

I have felt the same, and have been glad I have been saving shots of my results screens for a while ( and I have the detailed ribbons to thank for it). It seems every few months RNG puts a tight curl right on my gun sights, and I get strings of games where I manage 60k damage by the skin of my teeth and the number of over pens and miss goes up. In about 2 weeks I will be hitting like normal again. Is it me, the game or just RNGsus, no one knows.

[SHOJO]
Beta Testers
249 posts
1,756 battles

I haven't experienced any unusual RNG lately just odd penetrations. With an alarming regularity every time I hit a broadside cruiser at under 9km the dang shells keep over penning instead clobbering it. Like the other day a hipper passed broadside at 5.4km and it ate 8 shells in the center mass just above the water line and kept on trucking with only 6000 HP lost.

I agree with this one. In the last two/three days I've been over-penning cruiser hulls and ricocheting off of BB superstructures... :look: 

Weird times... I suppose I've been needing to get a good whack to my face for having such good luck over the last two months I suppose. Like three citadel hits off of the third turret of the izumo on an Iowa. :trollface:

Members
2,614 posts
3,604 battles

Sacrifice a goat. That might fix it for ya.  

I sacrifice at least two goats weekly, and I always try make sure that one of those goats is a virgin...

Yet RNGesus hath forsaken me.

[HINON]
Privateers
6,266 posts
3,308 battles

I sacrifice at least two goats weekly, and I always try make sure that one of those goats is a virgin...

Yet RNGesus hath forsaken me.

Gotta up your game then. Try horses.

Members
2,614 posts
3,604 battles

Gotta up your game then. Try horses.

Damn... that is where I am going wrong.

I just hope that those of us on RNGesus' bad side will not have to go Aztec on the game. Playing an ancient version of basketball with the severed heads of our enemies.