You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
TheGreatBlasto

Tirpitz has lowest win rate of Premiums?

36 comments in this topic

[BROOK]
Banned
2,260 posts

Since the US cruisers just got a slight buff, and the Tirpitz has the lowest Win Rate of all premiums.

http://forum.worldofwarships.com/index.php?/topic/118923-fix-request-uss-indianapolis/page__p__2876017__hl__+tirpitz#entry2876017

This is in line with my experiences with her and the Bismarck.

My personal win rate must be 2X with the Bismarck.

Anyone care to conjecture why the Tirp performs so poorly in relation to her sister?

:playing:

[HINON]
Privateers
6,266 posts
3,308 battles

It's the players who have her, not the ship. 

• Cool 4

[HINON]
Privateers
6,266 posts
3,308 battles

That makes so much sense! Only bad players get a Tirpitz.

Thank you.

:ohmy:

Glad to help. ;P
Edited by RivertheRoyal

[HINON]
Alpha Tester
24,711 posts
19,894 battles

Only bad players get a Tirpitz.

Not only, but many.

1) It's german. Everything german is 'kewl', think the history channel kiddies

2) It's a battleship. Battleships are 'kewl', think the history channel kiddies.

3) It's very famous. That automagically means it must be very good, right?

4) It's a forgiving ship that teaches bad habits.

• Cool 2

[HINON]
[HINON]
Members
2,295 posts
22,175 battles

That makes so much sense! Only bad players get a Tirpitz.

Thank you.

:ohmy:

It's a T8 premium which opens the doors to those who may not have the skills of those who have ground their ships.  T8 can be pretty unforgiving.  Please note I did not say all, but this will have a significant impact.

Members
407 posts

It's a T8 premium which opens the doors to those who may not have the skills of those who have ground their ships.  T8 can be pretty unforgiving.  Please note I did not say all, but this will have a significant impact.

^This.  Tier 5 skills playing a tier 8 ship.

Members
323 posts
5,699 battles

Of all the ships in the game, she is the highest tier premium battleship. It's only natural that the people who pay to progress get this ship before they hit tier 5. Since they aren't just going to get the Missouri, this is the biggest ship money can buy, Also, it's not a ship that is easy for an inexperienced player to play well since it involves a lot of situational awareness to properly push.

[KMS2]
Members
10,919 posts
3,695 battles

Not only, but many.

2) It's a battleship. Battleships are 'kewl', think the history channel kiddies.

So, basically, History Channel is bad? :P

[-RTS-]
Beta Testers
226 posts
8,486 battles

First of all, Tirpitz isn't the premium with worst win rate. Atlanta is. However, I do agree Tirpitz win rate% doesn't reflect it's true performance. IMHO, its WR% is diluted because below scenario happened too many times:

PLAYER: Hey I just unlocked Phoenix! My first tier-4! This is a great game! I wonder when can I get my hand on Yamato? Drivng that thing and kill all enemy ships would be fun!!

(browsing the tech tree)

PLAYER: I can't wait to get Yamato. Premium ship gives you more XP and credits? I got money and I am really tired for this low tier stuff.

(browsing the premium ships)

PLAYER: My pocket is deep and I know what to get. It's simple: The most expensive ships must be the best. They charge you big bucks for a reason! Well they don't have Tier-10 premium but I can take Tier-9. Missouri got the 16" guns!

(checking Free XP)

PLAYER: They are stupid not taking my money. I only have 3500 Free XP after I converted all my elite XP. Can't get a Missouri. What's the next one in the line? This start to get complicated.

(checking other high tier premium ships)

PLAYER: Atago... never heard of it and it's a cruiser. I want battleships, I want to shoot big guns and abuse anything dare to get close... Hmmm... Warspite? Gun too small. Tirpitz is famous and man that ship wreck so many ships in history. It's not as good as Missouri but I will take it!

(buying Tirpitz)

PLAYER: Wow so many upgrade slots, heal and wait, it has torpedo?! HAHA! this ship worth every penny, let me try firing this torpedo!!

(later)

PLAYER: What does pink suppose to mean? Does that mean I am promoted to a Super Tester?

Edited by even524
  • Cool 2

[APOC]
Members
1,979 posts
6,423 battles

I have been wanting the Tirpitz to get the nerfed Hydro the Bismarck has since release. I also think that to validate a secondary build on it, they should give it an 8km max range with all modules/skills/flag. I mean the real problem is that the ship was released before the German trees existed, so it didn't really get to identify with the unique assets those ships have.

The main issues I have with it is that the one advantage it has blows up pretty often. With the torp tubes gone, the secondary range inferior to her counterpart, and the typical german issues with dispersion... it's just not competitive like the free version.

As for its actual stats, that is for sure the players that have it. It is the most appealing high tier premium to buy. Everyone likes big guns and high tiers.

Edited by DasBootcamp

[WOLF3]
[WOLF3]
Members
28,227 posts
24,629 battles

So, basically, History Channel is bad? :P

Is that channel still around?  It looks like a Reality TV Channel.
  • Cool 2

[HIVE]
Beta Testers
514 posts

Is that channel still around?  It looks like a Reality TV Channel.

​I prefer to remember the History Channel for what it used to be, not the abomination it has become....
  • Cool 1

Members
53 posts
5,263 battles

wasn't quite this bad, but close.   I started playing the game, and decided carriers were what I really wanted to master.   I got pretty good in the Bogue, then hit the Independence...  I had worked all the way up to the Wyoming in US BBS. :)

Well, as you can probably imagine, I wanted to try something that sucked less than the carrier.   I said, screw it!, I'm buying the leet Tirpitz, and I'm going to wreck stuff!  About the only thing that got wrecked was me.  :)

Yeah, word of advice.   Figure out how to at least generally operate the type of ship properly before you go buying a premium, or you will have a bad time.   

I had to park it for a while.  Worked on the US destoyers line - Fletcher is awesome.  Branched out a lot since then.  Truly the best way to get better is play as many ships at as many different tiers as possible.

Final thought.   I almost never use the Tirpitz anymore after I did the correct thing and worked my way up the German BB line.  Hate to say it, but I much prefer my "free" Bismark to the paid for Tirpitz at tier 8. :)

Edited by Moonllama
  • Cool 2

[13TH]
Members
4,898 posts
8,894 battles

Its the players , like me,who bought the Tirpitz for last years ranked , just because

Anyway I have thousands of games in Cruisers and those instincts at times do not translate into great BB play

[-I-]
Members
721 posts
9,624 battles

Well, mine was at 56% WR before I took a break last summer with over 200 battles.  When I came back in the late fall, tried to play her and it was a train wreck.  Stopped playing her altogether and the thing is barely hanging to 51% WR.  Can't say I've gotten worse because my performance in most other BB's has improved (Iowa excepted where despite consistent damage it is under 50% WR).  She used to be a very strong ship but the torp schtick isn't working.

[WOLF3]
[WOLF3]
Members
28,227 posts
24,629 battles

An amusing anomaly for me.  In Tier VIII BBs, Tirpitz is my lowest damage average ship but she is significantly my highest WR% one.

DZa5A08.jpg

For a long time I had Tirpitz in a Secondaries Spec.  The only one that had longer Secondaries at the tier for much of the time I had Tirpitz was Amagi.  That changed when the German BB line and Bismarck, FDG, GK came out.  Their secondaries will rip Tirpitz apart and still have the speed to dictate distance.  Hell, I remember using Bismarck and kiting a pursuing Tirpitz, keeping distance so only my secondaries were in range, not his.

After I did that to a Tirpitz, I switched to Main Battery / ASM1.  I still have BFT+AFT but not sure if I'll keep that in favor of other things.  The game has changed quite a bit from when Tirpitz first came out.  You either adapt or get frustrated.

[PSA]
Members
5,111 posts
3,732 battles

Ironically, the Tirpitz is MUCH more forgiving than the Alabama, so once that comes out and those same weekend players purchase it, we'll see a new worse win rate champ. It's the BB version of the Atlanta: agile, fun, really short lifespan ;)

[-RTS-]
Beta Testers
226 posts
8,486 battles

I really want to see how many games played by Alabama. When it was announced many protesters were against the idea of being a super tester exclusive ships. 

Members
2,997 posts
1,449 battles

Not only, but many.

Really?  My uncle played in a few games and it utterly melted, didnt seem to bounce anything.  Ofc, I wasnt watching him play it, but just saw he died real fast.