You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Stauffenberg44

SO LONG IZUMO !

10 comments in this topic

Members
4,247 posts
9,871 battles

After some 40 battles in the old wedge-shaped armored barge I cracked and used up all the hoarded free exp and got the Yamato today. I had heard all sorts of derogation about unlovely Izumo but I actually enjoyed her unique play style and a 55% WR over 40 battles was surely acceptable (by my modest collector-first standards). Were it not for needing the credits, modules and 13-pt captain I freed up selling it I might have kept her. I may get the chunky thing again down the road she's that unique. Any other thoughts on this BB most welcome.

But on to the Yamato and the first battle I was out to see how much she could take and dish out up close and personal, getting sunk eventually defending a zone and taking an Iowa, North Carolina and Atago with me. The battle was very close and should have been ours but for the severe handicap of having our second NC afk the entire match, his location at the end broadcast by teammates irked at the loss and the captain must have finally awoken to the smoke and flames--that's the NC sinking in the attached pic.

(I do wonder how people feel about the "etiquette" of that--I can't say I was sorry he would be getting a repair bill and in his shoes, whatever the reason for being afk, I would gladly have paid it.)

I've read the pros and cons of the Yamato but I have to say I like it--the roar of the guns alone is worth the ticket.

Yamato%201st%20battle_zpspc9aro81.jpg

Edited by Stauffenberg44
  • Cool 1

[HINON]
Members
13,699 posts

Looks like you used those lolpen weapons of mass destruction to great effect. That NC would have had the same repair bill regardless of damage since repair is now a flat fee.

[SCCC]
Members
2,845 posts
10,646 battles

135k first game is not bad keep it up and do your bb job aka destroy any ship that gives you broadside unless its a dd wait till it rushes you to delete it

[O_O]
[O_O]
Members
5,063 posts
22,585 battles

Nicely done Stauffenberg! Hopefully after 40 battles she will pan out better than the Izumo. Good luck with her.

[STAR]
Members
551 posts
20,974 battles

I kept my Izumo. I hated her gun placement, but her really high muzzle speed shells combined with accuracy made justice agaisnt kiting cruisers like Zao, Roon, Chapayev and even "Khaba" (no matter what, and how many oppsoition i get, even if someone brought me tons of original blue prints that thing should have been in the russian cruiser line).

In the other hand i rarely play her after i got Yamato, because enemy BBs broadside under 10 km after firing a perfect salvo against the side armor... the shell bounces or can't penetrate... a kind of problem i didn't have in any other japaneses BBs.

Members
4,247 posts
9,871 battles

I kept my Izumo. I hated her gun placement, but her really high muzzle speed shells combined with accuracy made justice agaisnt kiting cruisers like Zao, Roon, Chapayev and even "Khaba" (no matter what, and how many oppsoition i get, even if someone brought me tons of original blue prints that thing should have been in the russian cruiser line).

In the other hand i rarely play her after i got Yamato, because enemy BBs broadside under 10 km after firing a perfect salvo against the side armor... the shell bounces or can't penetrate... a kind of problem i didn't have in any other japaneses BBs.

Yes as I said I'll likely get the Izumo back down the road. I quite liked her unique ungainly style. ;)

Members
4,247 posts
9,871 battles

Congratulations sir.

Thank you.

And proof that synchronicity exists--the Japanese helicopter CV Izumo is in the news today, a day after my post!

[FKK]
Members
580 posts
25,635 battles

I love the Izugly. She is a nice break from standard BB play. 

Once you figure her out, Shes a hoot!