You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Elo_J_Fudpucker

The system *can* work, Report violations with replays.

28 comments in this topic

Members
2,389 posts
13,906 battles

Last week, at the beginning of a ranked battle. I took a sharp left turn to scurry off tot hat side of the map. I straighten up on course and *BLAM* I take on in the side.... I look to my left and Player1 has fired into me, about this time Player2 piped in and says "Really?!".. to which Player1 responds. "Just giving him incentive to not camp in the back all RR suck" ( RR being the clan I am in .. and mind you I am moving out hard as he says and does this... )   after that comment I shot one round into his [edited]end with the comment of "There is some incentive back at you" and was ready to just brush it off... but... as I am typing my message he had already fired a round of torps and Player2, and those two argued for a while and player1 took off for the back of the map and sat there.... what a derp!

​So I reported him with a replay to WG. I also looked up his clan and sent a polite message to an officer, and he was summarily gone from that clan. The next day he was gone from the server. However I suspect that he has had repeated accounts and episodes of being kicked off as there are a pile of players with zero stats in the stats engines with the same beginning part of the name.

​So... issue the formal complaint, do it politely and send in the replay file... because it can work to remove the derpiest.

• Cool 6

[SYN]
Members
5,877 posts
13,296 battles

Like you said, if he was grayed out the next day, he must have already accumulated numerous violations and reports recently.

[SYN]
[SYN]
Members
8,752 posts
15,286 battles

I've had a less than gratifying experience recently, though I didn't submit a replay because the replay system sucks and I refuse to go dig into the game with every one of the patches to deal with it. 

[HINON]
Members
13,727 posts

I've had a less than gratifying experience recently, though I didn't submit a replay because the replay system sucks and I refuse to go dig into the game with every one of the patches to deal with it. 

I think there is a way to set it permanently to on now.

Alpha Tester, Members, In AlfaTesters, Beta Testers
12,401 posts

I think there is a way to set it permanently to on now.

You only have to redo replays each patch if you use a mod to enable it. Manually editing files is permanent unless you reinstall.

Alpha Tester
444 posts
2,983 battles

You only have to redo replays each patch if you use a mod to enable it. Manually editing files is permanent unless you reinstall.

And really not as difficult/dangerous as people seem to think it is.

If you can type in Notepad and follow directions, you're golden.

Beta Testers
1,180 posts
7,853 battles

manually editing the files to enable the training room isn't permanent, it reverts each patch. Are you sure replays are? I thought it reverted with each patch too.

12,401 posts

manually editing the files to enable the training room isn't permanent, it reverts each patch. Are you sure replays are? I thought it reverted with each patch too.

I haven't had to re-enable since Alpha Test. It's a completely different method.

[DDM_]
Banned
1,680 posts
6,029 battles

As a general rule, a screen shot will suffice for a violation report and it's much less of a hassle to grab than a replay is, just FYI.

12,401 posts

As a general rule, a screen shot will suffice for a violation report and it's much less of a hassle to grab than a replay is, just FYI.

They dont accept screenshots for all issues. You can doctor a screenshot. Replays cant be tampered with.

[13TH]
Members
4,898 posts
8,894 battles

Good on you for standing up to the Bully, cause thats what the incident was, I've had similar incidents , some people just like to try and intimidate , report ingame and if its serious enough file a ticket, if you don't your part of the problem

[DDM_]
Banned
1,680 posts
6,029 battles

They dont accept screenshots for all issues. You can doctor a screenshot. Replays cant be tampered with.

Dunno, you're probably right.  I do know that on the two occasions I've felt the need to submit a report for in game actions they accepted the screen shots and the other guy went grey.

Just trying to help out the folks that don't like dealing with the hoop jumping where replays are concerned.

[SYN]
[SYN]
Members
8,752 posts
15,286 battles

No mod, I've had to do it twice, it doesn't seem to stick and now I give up.

Members
4,300 posts
3,255 battles

Replays have to be re-enabled each patch, which is a pain though simple enough. And the replay file is too large to be attached to a ticket,  needs to be zipped first. Again simple enough but to make this work has to be super easy.

And a person from WG needs to look at it and watch the replay which takes manpower. So not sure this is feasible though it's sensible 

12,401 posts

They must have changed the instructions then. I havent had to re-enable in 2 years.

Members
5,422 posts
10,474 battles

Replays have to be re-enabled each patch, which is a pain though simple enough.

Nope - not at all.  I had to do it the first couple of patches after I started but have not had to do anything for the past 3-4 major patches since then.

[WOLF7]
Members
12,601 posts

Last week, at the beginning of a ranked battle. I took a sharp left turn to scurry off tot hat side of the map. I straighten up on course and *BLAM* I take on in the side.... I look to my left and Player1 has fired into me, about this time Player2 piped in and says "Really?!".. to which Player1 responds. "Just giving him incentive to not camp in the back all RR suck" ( RR being the clan I am in .. and mind you I am moving out hard as he says and does this... )   after that comment I shot one round into his [edited]end with the comment of "There is some incentive back at you" and was ready to just brush it off... but... as I am typing my message he had already fired a round of torps and Player2, and those two argued for a while and player1 took off for the back of the map and sat there.... what a derp!

​So I reported him with a replay to WG. I also looked up his clan and sent a polite message to an officer, and he was summarily gone from that clan. The next day he was gone from the server. However I suspect that he has had repeated accounts and episodes of being kicked off as there are a pile of players with zero stats in the stats engines with the same beginning part of the name.

​So... issue the formal complaint, do it politely and send in the replay file... because it can work to remove the derpiest.

And yet this person is still playing.....

HBdiIg9.png

Named and shamed at least twice in the forums. Stats indicate a rabid tker who works to intentionally throw matches, yet he's playing as we speak....:facepalm:

Edited by awiggin

Members
2,207 posts
5,424 battles

Replays have to be re-enabled each patch, which is a pain though simple enough. And the replay file is too large to be attached to a ticket,  needs to be zipped first. Again simple enough but to make this work has to be super easy.

And a person from WG needs to look at it and watch the replay which takes manpower. So not sure this is feasible though it's sensible 

They must have changed the instructions then. I havent had to re-enable in 2 years.

i'm in the same boat as Macabe. i enabled my replays once, and i've never had to touch it since. still getting replays. i'd share the method i used, but it was so long ago that i don't remember.

[DDM_]
Banned
1,680 posts
6,029 battles

And yet this person is still playing.....

HBdiIg9.png

Named and shamed at least twice in the forums. Stats indicate a rabid tker who works to intentionally throw matches, yet he's playing as we speak....:facepalm:

WG has proven time and again that they are quite selective in who they will and will not punish. The game is great, the team that monitors and enforces rules is a joke though.

[WAG]
Members
69 posts
7,217 battles

I do the same as the OP did and WG has been good on handling the report.  You really do need to send in a ticket with a replay and/or screenshots.  It's the only way to get rid of the toxic players.

I also have never had to reset my replays.

Wish I could remember where I learned to enable them, then I would share how.

[BARF]
Beta Testers
5,816 posts
5,484 battles

As long as settings.XML does not need to be rebuilt, replay enabling is permanent. 

Now, if only the config file didn't have to be rebuilt with every patch. I quite enjoy having a multi region client 

[13TH]
Members
4,898 posts
8,894 battles

WG has proven time and again that they are quite selective in who they will and will not punish. The game is great, the team that monitors and enforces rules is a joke though.

How has Wows proven the selective on who and who they will not punish ? When they cracked down on hacks and players using ileagle mods they handed out a lot of warnings week suspensions and some outright bans , some were wallet warriors

So post a link to what your talking about, Id like to see it

[---]
Banned
6,739 posts
9,043 battles

For the big issues, no, no it won't

[DDM_]
Banned
1,680 posts
6,029 battles

How has Wows proven the selective on who and who they will not punish ? When they cracked down on hacks and players using ileagle mods they handed out a lot of warnings week suspensions and some outright bans , some were wallet warriors

So post a link to what your talking about, Id like to see it

One glaring link was already posted in this thread, I see no need to post more.