Moondoggie52

Help Me Understand

• You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.

9 posts in this topic

OK friends; been playing for awhile, but some features elude me and I haven't been able to figure out a couple of things...

I play a Scharnhorst pretty much exclusively.  I ground my way to T10 in US BB's (and quite a few other lines) before becoming a "wallet warrior".  Paid for a year of premium time and dubloons, to boot.

Philosophically, I don't mind supporting the game with some cash.  Somebody stayed up late quite a few nights to create this game AND I LOVE IT!   I'm retired and have the disposable income, and I play several hours every day.

My 2 questions are about consumables...

I had the Repair Party II at 15 dubloons per match until I ran out of dubloons.  The remarks say it costs 22,500 credits OR 15 dubloons.  I have LOTS of credits, but can't figure out how to pay for RP II with them.  I guess I can buy more dubloons, but why can't I just use credits?

My other question is WHY does WG give me consumables as rewards when none of my ships can use them?  E.g., smoke generator?  I have no DD's or CL's in my port slots, so what good did it do me to grind to Rank 8 to "earn" a smoke gen?

I'd really appreciate it if someone with more knowledge than I could 'splain it to me, please.

in the 'confirmation window' when you equip RP II, there's a drop down window/thing on the right side, where the Doubloon cost is. You can switch between paying with Doubloons, and Credits there. You can also sell Modules, and Consumables now. Its in the Inventory Management screen, in the menu where you can select Profile Viewer. 

WG just gives out rewards for ships you might have. Keep the smoke generator in case you ever buy HMAS Perth.

Click on the consumables in the modules tab, next to ammo. There, it should display consumables. Click on it, and click the Premium Consumables. Click on the 15 doubloons, and a small option to pick credits will show. You can enable or disable this resupply.

Posted (edited) · Report post

Rclick on it and choose the credit amount on the picture under Modules/ammo & consumables.

Little drop down arrow.

Edited by Wulfgarn

To change from gold to credits, click down arrow...it toggles a menu. Click 22,500. Done.

Part 2...reasons...

Just go into inventory, drop down arrow by player name upper left in port, and sell them.

Yes they opted for a small non-intuitive easily-missed button to switch from gold to credit costs for some reason. ;)

Edited by Stauffenberg44

Hmm this question does come up often enough I wonder if anyone could make a gif showing this?

Edited by RipNuN2

Hmm this question does come up often enough I wonder if anyone could make a gif showing this?

I thought I had bookmarked one, but I can't seem to find it. Perhaps nobody has made one. The closest I have is this:

lASj19B.gif

Same concept, different window.

As for the OP, there should also be a checkbox on the modules screen, right next to the slider for auto resupply. If you check that box, it should set all premium consumables to be resupplied with in-game currency(credits).

Got it!  Sooo nice to have the extra heal back...it comes in handy.

Thanks very much!