You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Airglide2

Arkansas Beta and Iwaki Alpha clone ideas.

115 comments in this topic

Members
1,104 posts
12,080 battles

Just thought I'd give my opinion on what I think the clones could look like, should they come out in a double whammy fashion (Yubari/Sims sale style).  Nothing important.

The Iwaki Alpha in my opinion has 3 distinguishing areas of importance; Smoke Screen, Upgrades, Torpedoes.  As I look upon the current meta, I can see it just might a bit overpowered should it come out exactly as it is.  I'm guessing the "give" area would either be the Upgrades or the Torpedoes.  I'm alright with giving up the 2 upgrade slots if they let us keep the torpedoes.  Adding anymore accuracy is overkill, buffing AA distance is iffy since it's AA is "pfft", and turret rotation is a tossup.  Slot 5 however is a noticeable hurt, especially if you wanna play the DD role, just oversized.  But that DD role works with good torpedoes, which leads to the other "give".  This one is mindboggling for me given the current selection of torps.  (Quick side note, this ship has a detection range of 10.8 and with camo brings it down to 10.5 and with CE brings it further down to 9.6 I think.)

Currently IA has Type 8 mod.2 torpedoes.  They're range is perfect for it's size because IA isn't exactly tough skinned.  She's a upgraded T3 with 900 extra hp facing T5 ships.  She has 10km ranged guns and the 10km range torpedoes just keeps it at a safe enough distance to make attacks worthwhile.  It's just that alpha damage though.  If someone wants to step in and correct me, then by all means.  But I just think it's "too" much for ships that are T3, hence the gripe.  We don't have torpedoes that are 10km ranged with 9k-14k damage.  The Type 44 mod. 2's I believe won't have much punch against T5 ships and having to close the gap of 2.5-3.5km for a torpedo launch is just stupid.  Type 6 may work but again, 2.5-3.5km closing gap.  That just leaves us with Type 8 mod. 1,2 and 3.  Mod. 2 I already suggested was probably to powerful for T3, maybe idk, you need to tell me.  Mod. 1 has lesser alpha damage, so that's good, but now a 3.5-4.5 closing gap.  Yikes!  This just leaves us with the Mod. 3 torpedoes which carry the same alpha damage as mod. 1 but now 1.5-2.5 gap distance. Therefore, unless Wargaming wants to make a special mod.4 torpedo launcher with 10km range/ low alpha strike, I suggest Type 8 mod. 3 launchers be the set to place on the IA.  Or......just leave it with the current set.

The Arkansas Beta I saw as easy-peasy.  I don't think there's another low tier ship out there with upgrades leading up to T10.  I mean it's fresh, WG hasn't done it yet so why bother breaking your head for a new shtick, you know?  Just run with that.  Of course your probably thinking now, "Well it's still a AB".  But what if you give it the WY Hull B?  Then "technically" it wouldn't be the same ship.  I mean Hull B I found out in game is actually the Arkansas hull, so it's got that going for it.  I mean I don't know how many hull reconfigurations Wargaming has on Wyoming class ships.  If it's got the single cage mast one, that'd be nice :)

So yeah, those are my ideas, whadaya think?

[MUDDX]
Beta Testers
8,144 posts
23,136 battles

Why bother ? They were award ships and that is the way they should stay

• Cool 8

Members
1,104 posts
12,080 battles

If I remember correctly my A-wack doesn't have extra slots (Iwaki Alpha)

​Slots 1 and 4 is what the Tenryu and Kuma have on them now.  IA has slots 1,2,4 and 5.

Why bother ? They were award ships and that is the way they should stay

​I don't follow.  (Preeeety sure I wrote "clone" in the title.)
  • Cool 1

[HINON]
Privateers
6,266 posts
3,308 battles

To quote CAPTMUDDXX, why bother? It's not like we have a shortage of low-tier premiums. 

[HINON]
Members
13,704 posts

Pretty sure they did a poll a long time ago and owners of these ships preferred that WG didnt release another version as they wanted them to remain exclusive, so I doubt we will see them released as clones.

Alpha Tester
2,716 posts
4,076 battles

If you want an Arkansas take a Wyoming, dont upgrade it and turn the AA off.

So far as cloning the reward ships... there are enough low tier premiums. No need to clone reward ships just so people dont feel "Left out" of having a ship like "insert name"

[BARF]
Beta Testers
5,816 posts
5,484 battles

​Slots 1 and 4 is what the Tenryu and Kuma have on them now.  IA has slots 1,2,4 and 5.

And remove the exclusivity of these ships? 

I don't like the idea

Members
1,104 posts
12,080 battles

Guys guys, when I asked what did you think, I was hoping what you thought about my ideas on the ships​.  Not if they're even worth bringing in, lol.  I also can't tell if some of these responses are out of jealousy.

To quote CAPTMUDDXX, why bother? It's not like we have a shortage of low-tier premiums. 

If you want an Arkansas take a Wyoming, dont upgrade it and turn the AA off.

So far as cloning the reward ships... there are enough low tier premiums. No need to clone reward ships just so people dont feel "Left out" of having a ship like "insert name"

​There are enough Teir 4 premium ships, huh?  Please list them to me, I'm very curious what they are because, you know, that's low tier. 

Pretty sure they did a poll a long time ago and owners of these ships preferred that WG didnt release another version as they wanted them to remain exclusive, so I doubt we will see them released as clones.

​I think I remember that poll, however I not asking for exacts here.  I wrote "clones" or meaning "close too". 

And remove the exclusivity of these ships? 

I don't like the idea

CLOOOOOOONNNNNNNNEEEEEESSSSSS.  Not exact. 

[HINON]
Privateers
6,266 posts
3,308 battles

Guys guys, when I asked what did you think, I was hoping what you thought about my ideas on the ships​.  Not if they're even worth bringing in, lol.  I also can't tell if some of these responses are out of jealousy.

​There are enough Teir 4 premium ships, huh?  Please list them to me, I'm very curious what they are because, you know, that's low tier. 

​I think I remember that poll, however I not asking for exacts here.  I wrote "clones" or meaning "close too". 

CLOOOOOOONNNNNNNNEEEEEESSSSSS.  Not exact. 

No. That's my answer. 

Alpha Tester, Members, In AlfaTesters, Beta Testers
12,401 posts

Release them without all of the premium exclusive goodies and i'm fine with them being sold. Othereise: I'd more or less be fine with the Arkansas getting sold but the Iwaki. No. Alpha testers worked long hours at times and deserve our Death Pickle.

Alpha Tester
884 posts
3,403 battles

I wish WG would just officially make a statement about what plans they have for the Iwaki and Arkansas, if any.

These threads are getting annoying and they all basically just degrade down to the "dont release them" side telling the "release them" side to "cry me a river, build a bridge, and get over it", and the "release them" side calling the "don't release them" side petty, juvenile, and stupid. 

Members
1,104 posts
12,080 battles

Release them without all of the premium exclusive goodies and i'm fine with them being sold. Othereise: I'd more or less be fine with the Arkansas getting sold but the Iwaki. No. Alpha testers worked long hours at times and deserve our Death Pickle.

​(Double Facepalm) I can't believe you wrote that first half.  But then what's the point?  You'll just be getting the Prince Eugen and we all know how that turned out.  Look when I first started out, I didn't think all the ship WG gave at special events were ever gonna release to the public.  Then low and behold, the Marblehead was up for sale in March.  I was shocked, but excited.  Never thought it was gonna happen again.  Then before and after the Marblehead, there was the debacle of selling the Tirpitz with uncertainty of being sold.  But it did 2-3 times since it's addition to the tech tree.  Then the long awaited SIMS/Yubari year wait, which nothing was said from WG till then until, bam, front page news on the website, paraphrasing "It's for SALE!!"  Same month the Smith was for sale.  Lastly the Christmas present lottery with the Grem and Nich.  Also with the recent pole from LWM asking which ship to review, top picked was IA.  Amazing.

Point is, whatever ship I thought wasn't going to be sold or given again, I was dead wrong.  Hurt feelings I don't think will sway WG from selling these "clones" (Not exact copies). 

Members
1,104 posts
12,080 battles

I wish WG would just officially make a statement about what plans they have for the Iwaki and Arkansas, if any.

These threads are getting annoying and they all basically just degrade down to the "dont release them" side telling the "release them" side to "cry me a river, build a bridge, and get over it", and the "release them" side calling the "don't release them" side petty, juvenile, and stupid. 

​I have read a Q&A somewhere from Sub, I think, explaining they may release clones of these ships.  So you can take that as official, but I'd be careful.  Last December, there was a Q&A on Armored Patrol about what ships were releasing next year and I believe French BBs were not coming this next year.  Fast forward to today and...well.   But I do sincerely apologize if this topic was mentioned "THAT" much, I was excited for obvious reasons.
Edited by Airglide2

12,401 posts

​(Double Facepalm) I can't believe you wrote that first half.  But then what's the point?  You'll just be getting the Prince Eugen and we all know how that turned out.  Look when I first started out, I didn't think all the ship WG gave at special events were ever gonna release to the public.  Then low and behold, the Marblehead was up for sale in March.  I was shocked, but excited.  Never thought it was gonna happen again.  Then before and after the Marblehead, there was the debacle of selling the Tirpitz with uncertainty of being sold.  But it did 2-3 times since it's addition to the tech tree.  Then the long awaited SIMS/Yubari year wait, which nothing was said from WG till then until, bam, front page news on the website, paraphrasing "It's for SALE!!"  Same month the Smith was for sale.  Lastly the Christmas present lottery with the Grem and Nich.  Also with the recent pole from LWM asking which ship to review, top picked was IA.  Amazing.

Point is, whatever ship I thought wasn't going to be sold or given again, I was dead wrong.  Hurt feelings I don't think will sway WG from selling these "clones" (Not exact copies). 

WG has done exactly what they said they would do. They said they wouldn't directly sell ships like the gremy and nikolai hence the lottery. Marblehead was never an exclusive ship. They legally couldnt sell the Sims and Yuubari until one year after CBT and they sold it shortly after. Tirpitz was never barred from being sold. It was originally considered "rare" so it was sold less often. They specifically said the Arkansas and Iwaki would never be sold in any way. If Iwaki were sold, i'd expect it to be missing its smoke. Arkansas i would expect it to be missing its extra upgrade slots. Thats just my expectations if they went against what they told us.

[-K--]
Beta Testers
4,565 posts

Boats are boats.

Wouldn't matter to me either way if they released them.

Most likely....They wont be released due to they stated what they were for and they wouldn't be sold.   

Members
1,104 posts
12,080 battles

WG has done exactly what they said they would do. They said they wouldn't directly sell ships like the gremy and nikolai hence the lottery. Marblehead was never an exclusive ship. They legally couldnt sell the Sims and Yuubari until one year after CBT and they sold it shortly after. Tirpitz was never barred from being sold. It was originally considered "rare" so it was sold less often. They specifically said the Arkansas and Iwaki would never be sold in any way. If Iwaki were sold, i'd expect it to be missing its smoke. Arkansas i would expect it to be missing its extra upgrade slots. Thats just my expectations if they went against what they told us.

​I'm not gonna lie, that was a great rebuttal.  However I don't remember any Youtubers or websites stating, paraphrasing, "...and WOW, did I work my [edited]off getting this ship!  I mean from WG asking me to do this or that amount of times, or coming on this certain time to testing whatever when I almost couldn't." So on and so forth.  In fact they all sound pretty gleeful, unless you can point some out otherwise. 

[NUWES]
Members
3,240 posts
11,461 battles
Why the sudden interest in those two? I have ArkBeta and its a good ship, but I find it had to believe there is that much demand for the two of them. That being said, I certainly wouldn't object to them being made available.

[BARF]
Beta Testers
5,816 posts
5,484 battles

Why the sudden interest in those two? I have ArkBeta and its a good ship, but I find it had to believe there is that much demand for the two of them. That being said, I certainly wouldn't object to them being made available.

It's a demand from a collector. I am somewhat of a collector myself- only not owning the Krispy Kreme, The tier 3 VMF cruiser clone and the new DD. mostly because I have no desire to own them: I have learned that I dislike the Russian ships in general

Alpha Tester
2,716 posts
4,076 battles

​I'm not gonna lie, that was a great rebuttal.  However I don't remember any Youtubers or websites stating, paraphrasing, "...and WOW, did I work my [edited]off getting this ship!  I mean from WG asking me to do this or that amount of times, or coming on this certain time to testing whatever when I almost couldn't." So on and so forth.  In fact they all sound pretty gleeful, unless you can point some out otherwise. 

So... because youtubers and websites (who may or may not have even done any legit testing of anything) sound happy (which there would be no alpha due to NDA) you feel that there was no testing? There was no bugs we had to deal with? No frustration trying to recreate problems to help pinpoint them? 

Just so I am tracking... Testers didn't test, we just played and did nothing, and although you didn't test yourself you still feel you deserve ship "Clones" of the ones the testers received just because you want them. Welcome to the entitlement generation I guess.

12,401 posts

Why would there be definitive proof? We never expected our NDAs to be lifted so most of us never bothered saving anything. I can't think of a single website that had access to the alpha and if they did they weren't testing anything. Alpha test was honestly very similar to supertest. A ton of work for little to no reward.

Alpha Tester
444 posts
2,983 battles

I imagine the NDA at one point had a lot to do with Alpha testers not complaining on open forums where non-testers can see. Old habits die hard.

And besides, why grumble about problems that don't exist anymore and most people have never heard of when there are perfectly good current issues that actually need to be addressed?

I would also point out that the supertesters are, despite the considerable amount of work they put in, not especially vocal about how much work goes into the job unless someone else makes an issue of it.

While I won't claim my alpha test experience was as intense as what the supertsters do on a regular basis, I like to think that the same sort of mindset applies. It's about improving the game, not about making sure everyone on the forums knows how important to the game you are.

Alpha Tester
4,156 posts
8,061 battles

Man, if NDA had been lifted in March of 2015 you would have seen the forums on fire when the game went from Alpha to CBT.  Tons of players in the Alpha test section were pleading with WG to not move into CBT without testing the sweeping changes they had just made a couple days prior.  Once the threshold was crossed there wasn't any going back.

Alpha Tester
884 posts
3,403 battles

​I have read a Q&A somewhere from Sub, I think, explaining they may release clones of these ships.  So you can take that as official, but I'd be careful.  Last December, there was a Q&A on Armored Patrol about what ships were releasing next year and I believe French BBs were not coming this next year.  Fast forward to today and...well.   But I do sincerely apologize if this topic was mentioned "THAT" much, I was excited for obvious reasons.

Link to that Q&A?

Unverifiable statements are just conjecture.

And you should take anything you read on Armored Patrol with a grain of salt.

Members
1,104 posts
12,080 battles

"So... because youtubers and websites (who may or may not have even done any legit testing of anything) sound happy (which there would be no alpha due to NDA) you feel that there was no testing? There was no bugs we had to deal with? No frustration trying to recreate problems to help pinpoint them?"

No...no...no.   I am not implying there was no tester actually doing the "Testing" for bugs or frustration in recreating problems for guidance.  But you aren't really helping yourself out here with proof, now are you?  In fact more importantly why should I care for proof?  It's really all what Wargaming thinks.  They thought of the idea to give the IA and/or AB to people who may not have done any legit testing of anything for any reason they had at the time.  That alone just breaks absolute commitment in giving testers who actually did their job well, ONLY.  That tells me, "Oh!  So there is a chance to earn clones of these ships, there's a loop hole".  Again, I'm not knocking testers at all because I, once upon a time, wanted to become a video game tester, so I know a little some-some about the rough field.

"Just so I am tracking... Testers didn't test, we just played and did nothing, and although you didn't test yourself you still feel you deserve ship "Clones" of the ones the testers received just because you want them. Welcome to the entitlement generation I guess."

Buddy, I don't care who are or what year you started this game, but don't DARE​ put words in my mouth or anyone else's, you hear me?!!!  I never "assumed" testers at all tested this stuff, I never "assumed" to group testers in one bunch of just "messing around", and you sure as HELL should not "assume" I have some ENTITLEMENT ISSUE after doing my FRACKING BEST to not step on any Alpha/Beta testers shoes by listing ideas.  THAT IT, IDEAS!  NOT HOLD MY HAND IN THE AIR AND "GIMME GIMME GIMME!!!"

Son of a gun, I can't believe you actually said that to me.  "Entitlement generation", what a clown.