You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Admiral_Thrawn_1

Repair Party bug or intended function?

12 comments in this topic

[RKLES]
Members
12,557 posts
14,317 battles

I have noticed especially with air dropped Torpedoes I will sustain major damage the repair part won't be able to regenerate. I won't be flooding or anything when I hit repair but it still won't do much unlike with damage from shells and just a moment ago it happened from DD Torpedo hits that knocked my HP down to about 40% maybe lower, but repair party would not indicate that it would touch that HP damage when it usually will take me up to 75% of my HP after using a few repair parties if I had taken all that from shell damage or often Torpedo damage too, just sometimes Torpedoes give massive irreparable damage. Is this the intended game mechanic or is it a bug?

I am fine either way I just am puzzled by a potential  inconsistency in damage taken vs ability to repair from one battle to the next. ( Been using Kongo heavily so I have had a baseline to judge results by)

Alpha Tester
444 posts
2,983 battles

I have noticed especially with air dropped Torpedoes I will sustain major damage the repair part won't be able to regenerate. I won't be flooding or anything when I hit repair but it still won't do much unlike with damage from shells and just a moment ago it happened from DD Torpedo hits that knocked my HP down to about 40% maybe lower, but repair party would not indicate that it would touch that HP damage when it usually will take me up to 75% of my HP after using a few repair parties if I had taken all that from shell damage or often Torpedo damage too, just sometimes Torpedoes give massive irreparable damage. Is this the intended game mechanic or is it a bug?

I am fine either way I just am puzzled by a potential  inconsistency in damage taken vs ability to repair from one battle to the next. ( Been using Kongo heavily so I have had a baseline to judge results by)

IIRC torpedoes have always been a damage type that you can't repair most of the damage from, like citadel hits are.

Maybe you're just used to taking torpedo hits at the same time as a lot of repairable damage?

[REVY]
Members
8,097 posts
6,118 battles

I can only assume it is intended given how difficult it is to land torpedo hits.  In order to get reliable hits, one must enter suicide ranges.

[PSA]
Members
5,111 posts
3,732 battles

Repair Party only heals back a % of damage based on the damage type received. From the Wiki:

This consumable repairs damage by restoring your ship's hit points. It is found on battleships of all tiers, as well as Tier IX and X cruisers (plus Tier VIII British cruisers, the Tier VIII Japanese premium cruiser Atago, and the Tier VI German premium cruiser Admiral Graf Spee). Health restored per second is a percentage of the ship's maximum health pool.

Note that not all damage can be 100% repaired. The Repair Party consumable restores:

Up to 10% of citadel damage for battleships.
Up to 30% of citadel damage for cruisers.
Up to 50% of damage from regular armor-piercing penetrations for all ship types (60% for British battleship Warspite).
100% of all fire, flood, ramming, and over-penetration damage for all ship types.
The only way to earn the achievement Dreadnought is through the use of this consumable.

I *believe* torpedo hits count as citadel damage for the purposes of Repair Party

Edited by KaptainKaybe
  • Cool 1

[REVY]
Members
8,097 posts
6,118 battles

Different types of damage can be repaired at different levels. Check out page below in the wiki.

http://wiki.wargaming.net/en/Ship:Consumables#Repair_Party

edit ninja'd

It's worth nothing the wiki has completely omitted torpedoes, so this is a legit question.  With the repair party, is a torpedo hit to the torpedo bulge the same as a hit to an unprotected part of the ship?
Edited by Sventex

Beta Testers
2,440 posts
8,653 battles

It's worth nothing the wiki has completely omitted torpedoes, so this is a legit question.  With the repair party, is a torpedo hit to the torpedo bulge the same as a hit to an unprotected part of the ship?

http://forum.worldofwarships.com/index.php?/topic/41728-dealing-damage-in-wows/

There's a section here. Although it's not explicitly stated if torp hits to the bow and stern are 50% repairable.

TL;DR Torp hits to midsection are treated as citadels when it comes to Repair Party. They are likely treated as standard penetrations on bow/stern. However, torp damage and flooding chance can only be reduced by the torp bulges, which are only on the midsections of ships that have a torp defense.

[---]
Banned
6,739 posts
9,044 battles

A torp taht hits the torpedo belt is doing damage to the citadel module technically, and you CANNOT repair citadel damage. So despite the torpedo belt being designed to negate damage, the damage you take on the belt is 100% unrepairable which is IDIOTIC. 

[F-U]
Members
205 posts
3,248 battles

Generally speaking torpedoes have the same kind of damage sphere that HE does. If that sphere hits your cit, those torp hits count as Cit damage and thus only 10% can be healed. That's why it's hard to heal torp damage that hits your belt. Conversely, if you take torps on the bow, You'll notice that you can heal much more of the damage taken since the damage sphere doesn't hit your cit. 

Alpha Tester
3,666 posts
8,074 battles

General rule of thumb with torps is that if it hits the bow or stern they do full damage and cause flooding which is repairable. However since the torpedo bulge of ships will reduce the damage of torps (and depending o modules decrease flooding chance) to compensate for this they are counted as penetrating hits unless they hit and damage the citadel torpedo bulkhead at which point they are counted as citadels.