Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Nem_Nem

I always say it sucks...

6 comments in this topic

[-NACL]
[-NACL]
Members
1,194 posts
5,362 battles

...and then RNGesus does this to me...

LTpP0AU.png

I will be the first to tell you to go play the Freddy but it seems like WG wanted to prove a point by not allowing my Fred to citadel a Monty at 5km because loldispersion and get rekt'd by him, and then proceed to give me this Iowa game...

I consider the Fred to be better all around in comparison to the Iowa and after playing a handful of matches in the Iowa, performing fairly well but i angle/bow in to someone and incidentally show a broadside or equivalent to a [insert BB here] 19km away and watching that HP disappear its just so frustrating. OR, you get burned out by CAs with IFHE and then that 38mm of deck armor really shows. OR, a RU/KM DD loads AP and waives a finger at your side armor belt. I feel like have to put in more work to get equally as much bang in the Iowa as I would in the Fred, like I have to be on my A-game but then a match likes this happens and it just hooks me back into playing it.

Its just a masochistic relationship at this point. Iowa pls. Stop making me play you and prove my point already...until 6.4...

Edited by Combined_Fleet_HQ

Members
515 posts
306 battles

...and then RNGesus does this to me...

LTpP0AU.png

I will be the first to tell you to go play the Freddy but it seems like WG wanted to prove a point by not allowing my Fred to citadel a Monty at 5km because loldispersion and get rekt'd by him, and then proceed to give me this Iowa game...

I consider the Fred to be better all around in comparison to the Iowa and after playing a handful of matches in the Iowa, performing fairly well but i angle/bow in to someone and incidentally show a broadside or equivalent to a [insert BB here] 19km away and watching that HP disappear its just so frustrating. OR, you get burned out by CAs with IFHE and then that 38mm of deck armor really shows. OR, a RU/KM DD loads AP and waives a finger at your side armor belt. I feel like have to put in more work to get equally as much bang in the Iowa as I would in the Fred, like I have to be on my A-game but then a match likes this happens and it just hooks me back into playing it.

Its just a masochistic relationship at this point. Iowa pls. Stop making me play you and prove my point already...until 6.4...

Kek. Nice game OP, I know the feel.
Edited by BrassFire

[RLGN]
Members
14,939 posts
26,466 battles

Same here; some ships I just hate with a passion, (coughLeandercough) then I had a 100k+ game in it the other night, with two battleships sunk by torpedoes...

Go figure...

[HINON]
[HINON]
Beta Testers
5,913 posts
5,644 battles

Iowa is a ship that has the Modified Spiderman Principle applied to it. The Spiderman Principle is "with great power comes great responsibility." Modified Spiderman Principle goes a bit differently and states, "with great power comes shlt accuracy and aim time." This comes from am old Jinges video of the KV-1S in WoT. Basically, huge strengths must be offset by large weaknesses to prevent a ship from being OP.

Iowa has amazing firepower, great AA, unrivaled BB mobility, and phenomenal stealth potential. She pays for that with weak armor, a large turning circle, inability to overmatch 38mm armor, and bad torpedo defense. Tbh I think the German near immunity to Citadel hits is a bit B S.

[-NACL]
[-NACL]
Members
1,194 posts
5,362 battles

Iowa is a ship that has the Modified Spiderman Principle applied to it. The Spiderman Principle is "with great power comes great responsibility." Modified Spiderman Principle goes a bit differently and states, "with great power comes shlt accuracy and aim time." This comes from am old Jinges video of the KV-1S in WoT. Basically, huge strengths must be offset by large weaknesses to prevent a ship from being OP.

Iowa has amazing firepower, great AA, unrivaled BB mobility, and phenomenal stealth potential. She pays for that with weak armor, a large turning circle, inability to overmatch 38mm armor, and bad torpedo defense. Tbh I think the German near immunity to Citadel hits is a bit B S.

yeah thats definetly how I would depict the Iowa. Rather than be an all-rounder it has some extreme strengths in certain areas with some extreme tradeoffs, which is why I call it a specialized BB.

Though I do agree German BB's near immunity to cits can be infuriating, watching their shells make crosses at longer ranges is laughable. For the Bismarck and Fred - with their 8 guns - in particular this is especially prominent as you're fighting NC and Amagi at VIII who have great dispersion and 16in, and the Iowa and Izumo at IX for similar reasons.

Plus it makes citadel'ing a KM BB that much more fun and engaging :tea_cap:

Members
349 posts
5,412 battles

Lol then there's me and my Yammy.  Love that ship to bits, but haven't been playing her as much cuz every time I load seems to be some potato team that just wants to lose (READ: 30k dmg) *sigh*.  This comes after a 20+ game streak where win or lose, I was doing pretty good (120, almost 130k+ avg dmg).  Ofc, after taking a break from Yammy, I load in.  Map is North.  All was going fine and dandy till it turns out *GASP*, our team is losing again.  Ofc, by this point I just wanna rage quit.  I've positioned myself well enough, but due to my spawning on the rightmost point of the map (D) and all the team going left (A), along with the red heavies going (A), I only got to shoot a Monty and the Yammies a few times from 16+km.  At this point, I'm up to around 60k dmg or so.  Then, as I'm thinking this is gonna be another game where I end up with 70-80k on a loss simply cuz I spawned on the opposite side my team chose, a Benson comes out of smoke and launches a spread of torps almost perfectly lined up with me.  I turn, managing not to get nuked, but now I'm at 20k where before I was at full.  At this point, I'm broadside to said Monty, plus some smattering of cruisers.  At this point, I'm seriously thinking of going afk.  But no, I keep going, firing a panic salvo at the broadside Monty which somehow nets 29.6k dmg (15km no less), and miraculously, all the shells hitting me don't set me on fire/pen me to death.  I spot a Zao charging towards me, but thankfully, he's occupied with a dd (1 salvo and I'd have been done, repair blown, heal blown, 1 fire would've ended me).  I shoot him a couple times, resulting in a cit and some pens.  Then he kills the dd and is unspotted again in smoke.  I fire once more, and amazingly kill him.  Now I'm out of danger and unspotted (thank goodness).  The end result was a win for us and 150k dmg for me.  Funny how that happens

Sign in to follow this