You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
ThunderMufffin

Massively expensive St Patricks day Camo? Seriously?

35 comments in this topic

Members
15 posts
4,660 battles

Thanks for dumping the dye into NY harbor, and I do have to admit the St Patricks day camo looks legit, but 60 EFFING DOUBLOONS PER APPLICATION!??!?!  Y'all must think we're too blasted on green beer or having unnatural relations with leprechauns to come up with THIS plan.  Thanks, but no thanks.  Go feck up someone else's holiday, would ya?

[HYD]
Members
7,105 posts
5,289 battles

Thanks for sharing........? -_-;

It's not like they're forcing you to buy it..........

[NERO]
Members
3,630 posts

That's about 36 cents per game. If you buy the lowest possible amount of doubloons, 500, for just shy of $3. 

[RCNW3]
Members
1,943 posts
20,095 battles

100% bonus on exp and commander exp is pretty good, but $.25 per application is a bit high...

[NERO]
Members
3,630 posts

100% bonus on exp and commander exp is pretty good, but $.25 per application is a bit high...

I think it's a perspective thing. When most arcades these days are /at least/ 50 cents a game, and those games rarely have the potential to last for 15 minutes, is it really that much to ask? 

Members
3,681 posts
8,111 battles

I'd say it's a good buy, the ludicrous bonuses costs money, but it saves so much time for you to grind captains and ships...

[RCNW3]
Members
1,943 posts
20,095 battles

I think it's a perspective thing. When most arcades these days are /at least/ 50 cents a game, and those games rarely have the potential to last for 15 minutes, is it really that much to ask? 

You are right, and this of course is a money making venture and the camo is purely voluntary - but do seem to whittle away at any doubloons sitting in the account - which I hear about when a transaction appears on the credit card for a "free" game..  love the game and there are many great opportunities to spend to make things easier...

[WOLF7]
Members
12,601 posts

It's always amusing to watch people justify greed from a game developer...:teethhappy:

Just to clarify, sure, a single game is say 35 cents. But this game runs on volume, so 10 games == $3.50, 100 games $35.....

Sure it looks cheap, but single application camo in a game where MM and RNG can easily abuse you, attempting to gauge value on a single game is absurd...

Edited by awiggin
  • Cool 1

[--K--]
Members
5,392 posts
17,924 battles

Um, why would you pay gold for camo that wasn't permanent? 

Most likely there will be a mission that rewards some amount of said camo or it will pop out of a container. 

I have never spent gold for camo and I have TONs of premium camos. 

• Cool 3

[CK5]
Members
1,464 posts
15,534 battles

I like the camo but at 60 doubloons it is a bit expensive, especially when considering that previous specialty camos could be had from the Premium Shop for $15 to $20 per hundred.  Paying $35 per hundred for the St. Pat's Day camo does not make much sense.  

Now, if the St. Pat's camo would be available in bulk from the Premium Shop at a more reasonable price, I would buy it.  I don't see this offer as being a great marketing move by WG. 

[WOLF4]
Beta Testers
434 posts

It's always amusing to watch people justify greed from a game developer...:teethhappy:

Just to clarify, sure, a single game is say 35 cents. But this game runs on volume, so 10 games == $3.50, 100 games $35.....

Sure it looks cheap, but single application camo in a game where MM and RNG can easily abuse you, attempting to gauge value on a single game is absurd...

Greed... Well let us know when you start a business and operate purely out of the goodness of your heart. I can't wait to see your quarterly financials. No matter what WG does, you will label it as greed because you have zero grasp on how the world actually works.

• Cool 6

[HINON]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
894 posts
3,937 battles

Just thinking of this what if it had been a flat one time purchase like premium camo? And what price would you like to have seen?

• Cool 1

Members
1,465 posts
7,121 battles

WG does not make this game just so you can have fun. They are in this to make money...period. 

Greed... Well let us know when you start a business and operate purely out of the goodness of your heart. I can't wait to see your quarterly financials. No matter what WG does, you will label it as greed because you have zero grasp on how the world actually works.

You are 100% correct you get a +1

Members
3 posts
2,664 battles

Amen 

Edited by St0ned_4life

[KSF]
Beta Testers
246 posts
11,648 battles

God this is getting old.

Don't like don't buy it, you can get similar camo from frates go that way.

Why do people continually whine about how much something is in this game. 

NO ONE IS MAKING YOU BUY IT. 

This is extra stuff that some people may like, other not. why do we need constant post on how WG decides to make money. 

This game is free to play, everything else just makes the grind that much easier. 

Not to mention I have 500 camo's that boost this or that; all of which I got for free by playing. I am sure most everyone has been able to get these.

STop the constant whining about how your daddy won't buy u this or that cause it is too much money for make believe crap. 

Either buy it or don't. No one cares you think it is too much, no one cares if u buy it.

Members
15 posts
4,660 battles

God, this is getting old....the 'no one is making you buy it' argument.  

At those prices you're damn right.  

The flat one time would have worked.  Done that more than a few times.  

Its called FEEDBACK.  You can't fix it if you don't know it's broke.  THIS doesn't work.  If you feel like bending over and grabbing your ankles every time they come out with something mildly interesting you feel free to do so.  Don't expect it from me.  I gripe because I made the money I'm shelling out.  If you're independently wealthy more power to you....most aren't.  If providing said type of feedback causes you to hurt in your lower alimentary tract...here's my suggestion:  DON'T READ IT.  

• Cool 2

Members
1,262 posts
7,967 battles

I'm so tired and I'm so sore, I'm not gonna do it for a nickel no more.

From now on out, a quarter is my price and for fifty cents, I'll do it real nice.

Want some camo, Mr?

[NATO]
Beta Testers
2,208 posts
7,500 battles

Vote with your wallet, dont come on here and vent about it. If few people buy it, WG will get the point, if lots of people buy it will go up in price for next time around :) 

[KSF]
Beta Testers
246 posts
11,648 battles

No its called whining.

Feedback requires constructive feedback. 

If you don't like the price, Don't buy.

Do you go to mcdonalds and complain to the cashier that the Big Mac is too much or do you not get it and get a cheeseburger or just leave.

Same principle

Members
15 posts
4,660 battles

Guess you missed the part where I complemented them on the choice of decor and color scheme, yes?  Go ahead...go back and read it.  It's still there.  Unaltered and unedited.  

And thank you for making my point; at McDonalds there are choices.  Don't like the big expensive burger?  Buy the smaller one!  No argument here.  Certainly no pay per bite plan.  

Now, before you go off on a tangent about how 'one camo is like any other', not to me they aren't.  St. Patrick's day is part of my heritage and family.  I do NOT see it as the same.  Being charged prohibitively for wanting to show a little Celtic pride rankles.  Don't like that I'm vocal about that?  Tough.  And before you go spouting off about 'whining' be sure not to do it yourself!  Reread your post.  Where is your 'constructive criticism' there?  All I read is 'righteous' anger and indignation from a self appointed arbiter of all things right and honorable.  All I read is someone whining about me having an issue with a poor business decision on WGs part.  .  

[KSF]
Beta Testers
246 posts
11,648 battles

You want to celebrate your Irish pride (I am irish too) pay for it. Or follow my scottish side and be cheap and don't 

There is no one forcing you to buy. This is an EXTRA and it costs as much as every other cammo. Type 6 is worth 50 gold, St. P's (and every other fancy cammo) is 60 gold but you get 100% Commander XP.

This is right inline with every other prem cammo.  

You have no grounds for complaint. The costs are what they have always been and you have no obligation to buy it whether you are celtic in heritage or not

I am absolutely positive that you would complain the the free stuff you get isn't good enough.

Edited by Anubis_TD

[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
9,347 posts
23,774 battles

There are still arcades? Who knew...

[JCMNR]
Members
231 posts
17,141 battles

NO COMPARISON IMO

[SYN]
Members
15,876 posts
12,803 battles

how much was the restless fire camo pack?

that camo has 250% commander XP bonus.