You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Sventex

576 to 994 points? Nah, we got this! NC is unstoppable!

20 comments in this topic

[REVY]
Members
8,096 posts
6,118 battles

In this battle, we went from this:

RQ8BQZA.jpg?1

To winning by points as the clock ran out in the narrowest comeback I've ever played.  I sent The Mighty Jingles the replay in case he thought it would be entertaining.  Even Mr. Seagal tried boosting morale by declaring "The Enemy Team Is About To Win" at least 5 times during the match.  Naturally he got a promotion after this round.

https://wowreplays.com/Replay/32232

HHYNmkF.jpg

eh49qMD.jpg

laJcKfb.jpg

Edited by Sventex
  • Cool 5

[-K-]
Members
8,491 posts
14,883 battles

Gotta love those nailbiters.

Makes you want to reapply some deodorant after sweating those ones out.

Nice work :honoring:

[WOLF1]
Members
9,915 posts
14,381 battles

I have been in quite a few of these types of games... maybe not as close as this one to the Red team on the very cusp of winning, but a few none the less..

In a few of those I was able to secure a number of kills in a sneak attack with a DD... in others someone else was able to run the Gauntlet and secure kill points to bring the ticker in OUR favor...IMHO games like that are a bit more Fun for the soul, than the complete wipe outs...
hell, I remember one game when EVERY member of our team survived and almost everyone got at least one kill and it was over in ten minutes... epic win, but it was kind of boring...

and the Two Solo Warrior games I had were fun... but those happen rarely for anyone.... but man they are FILLED with adrenaline 

GREAT WORK OP!!!

[NERO]
Members
3,630 posts

I've been on the loser side of that before. All we had to do was /not die/ and a string of low HP ships went one after the other into the enemy kill zone like nameless ninja goons going after Chuck Norris. 

Members
515 posts
306 battles

In this battle, we went from this:

RQ8BQZA.jpg?1

To winning by points as the clock ran out in the narrowest comeback I've ever played.  I sent The Mighty Jingles the replay in case he thought it would be entertaining.  Even Mr. Seagal tried boosting morale by declaring "The Enemy Team Is About To Win" at least 5 times during the match.  Naturally he got a promotion after this round.

https://wowreplays.com/Replay/32232

HHYNmkF.jpgeh49qMD.jpg

giphy.gif

Exemplary save OP.

Edited by BrassFire

[FOXEH]
Beta Testers
3,985 posts
2,106 battles

That...actually sounds like a game worth making a thread about.  (mostly posting as a reminder to watch the video when I can)

[RLGN]
Members
14,910 posts
26,428 battles

Yeah, love that desperately running to cap to stop the enemy from collecting points, last minute save type of stuff.

Wins like that are the payback for when you've blown the enemy team to bits, but they held the haps longer and win by time/points

[REVY]
Members
8,096 posts
6,118 battles

Does anyone know a bot when they spot one?  I found that Sims at 15:20 did not appear to move from her spawn point for the entire 15 minutes of the round, only engaging her engine after I detected her.  Is this the behavior of a bot?  I've noticed a large increase in afk players that others have said are bots being disabled by the update, and I'm curious if this is true.

[0456]
Members
3,824 posts
10,091 battles

Had one just like that last week- replays not enabled. I think we got one tick closer... nice work!

[SYN]
Members
3,738 posts
23,569 battles

Well done OP, a fantastic game. The close ones really get the Adrenalin flowing.

I had a similar one  576 to 997  :P

Probably my most memorable game out of 5000!

[SCCC]
Members
381 posts
10,069 battles

Glad to see that OPG doing their best!

Oh, and was this the first NC game of the day for you? 

[REVY]
Members
8,096 posts
6,118 battles

Well done OP, a fantastic game. The close ones really get the Adrenalin flowing.

I had a similar one  576 to 997  :P

Probably my most memorable game out of 5000!

That was a tense game, I sort of forgotten what the old games were like, I couldn't tell just how much damage you were dealing.  And what was that friendly Battleship doing sitting the 1 line like that the whole time?  At least you managed to save the day by killing that Colorado.

Glad to see that OPG doing their best!

Oh, and was this the first NC game of the day for you? 

First win.  Reason the 33,989 commander exp, and 12,455 exp was because it was the pi day bonus, restless camo, dragon flag and a ESCL flag.

Awesome comeback. 

That FPS hurts though, have you dropped some graphics to help that out? 

Yes, I've got the settings almost to the bottom (I only have texture, Object LOD and Draw Distance at medium, cause putting at low only saves me 1fps [That and you can't tell what ships are with Draw Distance at low in the binoculars]), but fraps kill half my fps, and my tower desktop computer that I normally record on is in another country. Maybe in a few months I can re-record the replay with more fps and better graphics (I'm just not sure what happens when you put a replay in that's several version out of date).  Maybe it's because I use the archaic program "Fraps" to record, it cuts the framerate in half when I record, I could get 35fps on my desktop, but only 16-23fps on my laptop.  Well anyway, I left the replay in the original post for you to enjoy using your own computer's power.

Edited by Sventex

Members
105 posts
13,100 battles

Sventex, it's cool to relive that match you did good helping carry it. I was the Benson with the Bismarck, which we finished with a combined 8 kills in our div, you keep asking why he hadn't pushed, that's because about the 5min mark you'll notice me go to b cap,it just took him a bit to get turned around with out showing his broadside. I was already calling to him in TS to adjust, if you watch the mini map by 7min mark our team has abandoned all caps but c cap which we already had and were being bullied hard. Map reading is huge in this game it gives you so much info. Our cv didn't do a  great job of spotting for us so that was another hardship to overcome. I will give huge credit to the enemy Amagi he was a shooter, even got me blind fired in the smoke. Well cheers hope you keep enjoying the game :)

• Cool 1

[REVY]
Members
8,096 posts
6,118 battles

Sventex, it's cool to relive that match you did good helping carry it. I was the Benson with the Bismarck, which we finished with a combined 8 kills in our div, you keep asking why he hadn't pushed, that's because about the 5min mark you'll notice me go to b cap,it just took him a bit to get turned around with out showing his broadside. I was already calling to him in TS to adjust, if you watch the mini map by 7min mark our team has abandoned all caps but c cap which we already had and were being bullied hard. Map reading is huge in this game it gives you so much info. Our cv didn't do a  great job of spotting for us so that was another hardship to overcome. I will give huge credit to the enemy Amagi he was a shooter, even got me blind fired in the smoke. Well cheers hope you keep enjoying the game :)

Yeah, I was overly cranky at that Bismarck, at the time I was surprised that I was on the front line when I was basically at the back of C.  It was really his salvo that finished off that Sims that saved the day this match.  Definitely a great game all around, kudos to you and your Div mate.
Edited by Sventex

[SYN]
Members
3,738 posts
23,569 battles

That was a tense game, I sort of forgotten what the old games were like, I couldn't tell just how much damage you were dealing.  And what was that friendly Battleship doing sitting the 1 line like that the whole time?  At least you managed to save the day by killing that Colorado.

Yep I kind of get distracted by the damage counter sometimes it was 190k damage with 3600 base XP. Still my best game in a Fletch

[ERK]
Members
90 posts

Yeah, I was overly cranky at that Bismarck, at the time I was surprised that I was on the front line when I was basically at the back of C.  It was really his salvo that finished off that Sims that saved the day this match.  Definitely a great game all around, kudos to you and your Div mate.

Sorry sventex, after seeing our other Bismarck get focus fired when he went south side of C cap and tyde asking for me to go B cap I stayed north when I came around. 

Awesome game you had, and was a great comeback! :great: