You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
K1ra_Yoshikage

I'm disappointed by you guys

49 comments in this topic

Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
7,026 posts
27,537 battles

Wargaming is excited to recognize and support National K9 Veterans Day on March 13th, the official birthday of the US Army K9 Corps, formed in 1942. The K9 Corps has allowed thousands of dogs and their handlers to serve in the military with honor, dignity and valor, to protect the life of their fellow soldiers.

To celebrate these four-legged heroes, Wargaming is partnering with “K9s For Warriors” a non-profit organization dedicated to providing service canines to our warriors. Since the organization was founded in March 2011, K9s For Warriors has trained and rescued 550 dogs and paired them with 278 veterans who suffer from Post-traumatic Stress Disability, traumatic brain injury and other trauma as a result of military service.

https://worldofwarships.com/en/news/common/bork-bork/

So this is up for 3 days now and the players only donate 385$. If every player online at the main server time just donate 50 cent the 5000$ they want to rise for this organisation would have been reached by now. 

https://k9sforwarriors.donorpages.com/MyEvent/WargamingK9Charity/

Come on WoWs players, you can do this!

• Cool 4

[NG-NL]
Members
6,270 posts
10,102 battles

Or like me, have no pocket money to donate cause not employed or simply too many bills.

• Cool 1

Beta Testers
1,896 posts
9,565 battles

I support the USO with my change

But I will look into it

Meanwhile my contest to give away gold could go better and

http://forum.worldofwarships.com/index.php?/topic/118037-contest-for-6000-gold-and-support-the-uso/page__st__20__p__2872235#entry2872235

I have started a petition to stop daylight savings time

https://petitions.whitehouse.gov/petition/stop-daylight-savings-time-1

Members
739 posts
7,780 battles

So this is up for 3 days now and the players only donate 385$. If every player online at the main server time just donate 50 cent the 5000$ they want to rise for this organisation would have been reached by now. 

"From March 13 to March 19, we’ll donate $1 to K9s for Warriors for every photo of your “best friend” shared on Twitter and Facebook using #WGK9Salute."

But I have no friends.... let alone "best friends" :(

Beta Testers
2,094 posts
2,152 battles

I come directly to the forums - I don't bother with front pages or anything so I was unaware of this fundraiser until you posted it.

Thanks for getting the word out - $10 donated.

[FOXEH]
Beta Testers
6,103 posts
1,313 battles

I come directly to the forums - I don't bother with front pages or anything so I was unaware of this fundraiser until you posted it.

Thanks for getting the word out - $10 donated.

Mostly the same for myself. Donated $5 as I haven't been paid yet, so thats all I could spare atm. :(

Hope it helps either way. My best friend was injured over in Afghanistan by an IED and suffers from mild PTSD, so I'll do anything to help our vets. Thanks for the heads up OP! :honoring: 

Edited by Kitsunelegend

Members
193 posts
13,993 battles

I do feel for this cause, however, I do not give support to large organization. Instead, I'd have you know that I spend time and coin supporting my local shelters (3 of them within 40 miles of me), where less of my support is wasted in bureaucracy and goes towards keeping the doors open and our 4 legged friends fed.

I shall get off of soapbox now.

• Cool 1

[5BS]
Banned
8,864 posts

Okay here's where the angry vet in me has to say something; stuff like this is [edited]. I've never gotten a cent, a card, a single thing OTHER than asking for money *from* me, from Wounded Warrior or K9's For Vets or any other 'for vet' program. I had to get my PTSD dog from the VA and had to pay for the training out of pocket. And with 100% service connected, you'd think at least ONCE I would have gotten something. Don't, PLEASE don't, spend money on stuff like this. I don't know whose pockets it pads, but it's not vets. You wana help vets? Pay your taxes and when they want to increase taxes, let them. Federal Taxes pay for the VA and the VA needs it. These private groups are [edited].

Edited by _RC1138
  • Cool 6

Beta Testers
2,094 posts
2,152 battles

Okay here's where the angry vet in me has to say something; stuff like this is [edited]. I've never gotten a cent, a card, a single thing OTHER than asking for money *from* me, from Wounded Warrior or K9's For Vets or any other 'for vet' program. I had to get my PTSD dog from the VA and had to pay for the training out of pocket. And with 100% service connected, you'd think at least ONCE I would have gotten something. Don't, PLEASE don't, spend money on stuff like this. I don't know whose pockets it pads, but it's not vets.

While I'm quite hesitant to give money to Wounded Warrior, I did receive from them a duffel bag of clothes and other toiletries when I arrived at Landstuhl.  At that point, those were the only clothes I had aside from the hospital gown.  And the clothes were nice too - branded apparel, but quality.  

Everyone on the MedBus with me got one as well - this was in 2011.  

So despite my hesitancy to support WW monetarily, I can't say that they didn't assist me.  YMMV.

[RICO5]
Members
2,926 posts
5,943 battles

I'm not a financial wizard, but from this it looks like they took in roughly 8 million in donations in 2015 (their latest statement), had just over 3 million in business expenses and payroll, and spent roughly 149,000 on the actual program itself.   Please correct me if I am wrong, but those numbers seem to fall in line statistically with most larger non-profits which is why I do not generally give to them.   I am a vet and I know of this program and it does seem, from the media I see ( i don't know anyone that has actually been a part of this program) to be helpful.    It seems like post 9/11 there has been a push of non profits for veterans for almost every angle you can imagine.  I guess we make for good marketing and are an easy donation machine.

Do what you like, but remember non profit doesn't mean the people running the org aren't making money hand over fist themselves, it just means that at the end of the year they have to fill out a tax form to show that the business didn't profit.

Link to 2015 financial    http://www.k9sforwarriors.org/sites/default/files/K9s-For-Warriors-2015-990.pdf

[RICO5]
Members
2,926 posts
5,943 battles

Okay here's where the angry vet in me has to say something; stuff like this is [edited]. I've never gotten a cent, a card, a single thing OTHER than asking for money *from* me, from Wounded Warrior or K9's For Vets or any other 'for vet' program. I had to get my PTSD dog from the VA and had to pay for the training out of pocket. And with 100% service connected, you'd think at least ONCE I would have gotten something. Don't, PLEASE don't, spend money on stuff like this. I don't know whose pockets it pads, but it's not vets. You wana help vets? Pay your taxes and when they want to increase taxes, let them. Federal Taxes pay for the VA and the VA needs it. These private groups are [edited].

+1..  This is sort of what I was getting at, but I was taking a softer tone.

[5BS]
Banned
8,864 posts

While I'm quite hesitant to give money to Wounded Warrior, I did receive from them a duffel bag of clothes and other toiletries when I arrived at Landstuhl.  At that point, those were the only clothes I had aside from the hospital gown.  And the clothes were nice too - branded apparel, but quality.  

Everyone on the MedBus with me got one as well - this was in 2011.  

So despite my hesitancy to support WW monetarily, I can't say that they didn't assist me.  YMMV.

I've never gotten anything for anyone but the VA. I know the VA gets a rough rap in some areas, and sometimes it's deserved, but speaking for my branch here in Buffalo, they are awesome. Good care, good programs, good people, and actually seem to give a crap. I dealt with the one in Gainsville, Fl for a little while and they weren't awful, but not great either. I would have love to not had to pay for my PTSD dog's training but c'est la vie. I am as warry as a vet can be towards any 'pro vet' organisations in the US as more often then not they seem to be profiting from American's almost fetishized 'love' for soldiers.

[5BS]
Banned
8,864 posts

+1..  This is sort of what I was getting at, but I was taking a softer tone.

I was an NCO, I don't do softer tone, especially on this stuff.
  • Cool 1

[RICO5]
Members
2,926 posts
5,943 battles

I was an NCO, I don't do softer tone, especially on this stuff.

I was an E5 and it was back when they could still actually punish you in boot and if you messed up in the fleet (Navy) you got some special training behind the main turbines.  "Hazing" was normal daily activity.

Edited by CaptGodzillaPig

[5BS]
Banned
8,864 posts

I was an E5 and it was back when they could still actually punish you in boot and if you messed up in the fleet (Navy) you got some special training behind the main turbines.

Army, E6, MP, our punishments were more... elaborate.

Alpha Tester
4,252 posts
9,421 battles

Look, don't get me wrong here - I wouldn't want the wounds or the PTSD that combat soldiers get for their service.

These soldiers might have refused service in an illegal war (I refer to the Iraq invasion) like some conscientious objectors did.

Fund raising to support wounded soldiers is commendable, however, whining about a lack of player support here is not.

As RC1138 says, the Government should be doing more. After all, it is the Government's fault this problem exists in the first place.

How about a Fund Raiser to prosecute the War Criminals like Bush, Cheney, Rumsfeld, et al.

Edited by aethervox
  • Cool 1

[-K--]
Beta Testers
4,566 posts

Look, don't get me wrong here - I wouldn't want the wounds or the PTSD that combat soldiers get for their service.

These soldiers might have refused service in an illegal war (I refer to the Iraq invasion) like some conscientious objectors did.

Fund raising to support wounded soldiers is commendable, however, whining about a lack of player support here is not.

As RC1138 says, the Government should be doing more. After all, it is the Government's fault this problem exists in the first place.

How about a Fund Raiser to prosecute the War Criminals like Bush, Cheney, Rumsfeld, et al.

Thread will get locked soon if it goes down this path....
  • Cool 3

[RICO5]
Members
2,926 posts
5,943 battles

Wargaming is excited to recognize and support National K9 Veterans Day on March 13th, the official birthday of the US Army K9 Corps, formed in 1942. The K9 Corps has allowed thousands of dogs and their handlers to serve in the military with honor, dignity and valor, to protect the life of their fellow soldiers.

To celebrate these four-legged heroes, Wargaming is partnering with “K9s For Warriors” a non-profit organization dedicated to providing service canines to our warriors. Since the organization was founded in March 2011, K9s For Warriors has trained and rescued 550 dogs and paired them with 278 veterans who suffer from Post-traumatic Stress Disability, traumatic brain injury and other trauma as a result of military service.

https://worldofwarships.com/en/news/common/bork-bork/

https://k9sforwarriors.donorpages.com/MyEvent/WargamingK9Charity/

Come on WoWs players, you can do this!

Did you serve in any branch of an Armed Force?

[WOLF7]
Members
12,601 posts

Does OP really have no idea how few people read the forums or main page? :amazed:

If someone was expecting a great response, this was the wrong place to do it....

[RICO5]
Members
2,926 posts
5,943 battles

The old military contributor month thing WG did awhile back was pretty well done.  If you completed a certain mission, or so many missions, they made a donation for 1 dollar or something.  Out of the deal you got a military month contributor flag that was actually useful as opposed to all the other flags that just look pretty or denote some event, but have no stat buff associated.  The Military Month flag gives bonuses to XP, credits, and something else I think  commander XP maybe.   It is just a small buff, 5% maybe, but it is better than nothing and over the course of a 100 games or so it is a big difference.  I have it on all of my ships.  Love that little triangle stars and stripes flying over my non US line ships.  lol.

Beta Testers
2,094 posts
2,152 battles

Did you serve in any branch of an Armed Force?

I don't see how that's relevant.

[RICO5]
Members
2,926 posts
5,943 battles

I don't see how that's relevant.

It is relevant based on the title of the topic.  Charity is done out of a goodness and willingness to help.  It is voluntary and no one should be shamed into giving.   The relevancy of the question would be if I met someone that had not served, but thanked me for my service, and instead of appreciating their thanks I instead commented on how they should be ashamed that THEY didn't serve.   Service in the military is voluntary, for most anyway, and no one should be ashamed for not doing it.  The same with charity.  Give if you feel inclined.  Let people know about it so they can give if they are inclined.  Trying to shame someone into giving is simply rude to be honest.
  • Cool 4