Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Shield380

Katori... What is it good for?

31 comments in this topic

Beta Testers
578 posts
990 battles

Okay. Just ran some amazing battles with my div partner tonight and got the XP to "win" the Katori.

Examples of Battles:

https://wowreplays.com/Replay/32208-Shield380-New_Orleans-Neighbors

yVRPG1I.jpgfUiayJj.pnggOWTfp9.png

The Katori: 18knt speed, 7km 39 sec reload torps, decent guns. What is this ship good for? Is it any good for grinding credits?

Also, best 5 point captain build? I might use this as a trainer for other ships but don't know until I hear some feedback from you folks. Have a good one!

[BROOK]
Banned
2,260 posts

I found it sitting in my port about a week ago. Had no idea why it was there. I then played a couple of games with it and sold it. With 50 ships in my fleet I don't have time for garbage.

[HINON]
Privateers
6,266 posts
3,308 battles

I found it sitting in my port about a week ago. Had no idea why it was there. I then played a couple of games with it and sold it. With 50 ships in my fleet I don't have time for garbage.

Blasphemy. Never sell premiums. Never. It always comes back to bite you. 

Besides. She's not garbage. 

ePY1NaE.png?1

She's just difficult. 

[ARMDA]
Members
9,003 posts
5,462 battles

Don't ever sell Prem ships.

Honestly, she's just a little fun boat. For most people, she's a reminder of when she used to be Tier 1 in Beta or Alpha.

http://forum.worldofwarships.com/index.php?/topic/104531-premium-ship-review-katori/

Use LWM's review to properly use her~

[GWG]
[GWG]
Supertester
27,093 posts
14,707 battles

The Katori is for two things. First is captain training and second is shear fun.

Members
1,947 posts
8,913 battles

I've put up about 60k in her each time. She's a decent T3, don't sell premiums. I did it once when I was new and inexperienced. Never again. I want my Albany back...

[TXGUN]
Beta Testers
3,219 posts
26,842 battles

Its not garbage joey it's  a dangerous ship if used right and I have 175 ships joey......
  • Cool 1

[WOLF1]
Members
9,915 posts
14,346 battles

The Katori is for two things. First is captain training and second is shear fun.

a 18 point Zao capt is FUN.... LOL

Members
3,792 posts
23,987 battles

Its not garbage joey it's  a dangerous ship if used right and I have 175 ships joey......

Agreed it is a good ship only knock is she's slow but in the proper hands she can deal good damage.

Members
363 posts
11,757 battles

It's a free 70k profit per game on a non premium account.  It's pretty easy to just sit back and set every portion of a BB on fire and just farm easy damage.

[BROOK]
Banned
2,260 posts

Not sure who joey is, but since you are quoting me the thing is I have a life outside of WOWS. Sounds like you play 24/7. Good for you.

:child:

[BROOK]
Banned
2,260 posts

ePY1NaE.png?1

She's just difficult. 

Two days agi I soldth

I sold the Indie, Prinze Potato, and Simms two days ago,

No time to play them, no interest, and the consensus is that all 3 are duds. Used to credits to get a ship I actually wanted.

:playing:

[HINON]
Privateers
6,266 posts
3,308 battles

Two days agi I soldth

I sold the Indie, Prinze Potato, and Simms two days ago,

No time to play them, no interest, and the consensus is that all 3 are duds. Used to credits to get a ship I actually wanted.

:playing:

WFKduAG.jpg

[BROOK]
Banned
2,260 posts

I am always bemused by complete strangers who have hard and fast rules for how others must behave.

I only want ships in my port that I want to play.

So shoot me.

:red_button:

[HINON]
Privateers
6,266 posts
3,308 battles

I am always bemused by complete strangers who have hard and fast rules for how others must behave.

So shoot me.

Did you know that when you get a ship in a supercontainer, it's randomized based on what premiums you don't have in port? I.E, if you have a premium and sell it, it might just show back up in your next supercontainer, instead of a ship you haven't yet gotten. 

[BROOK]
Banned
2,260 posts

Did you know that when you get a ship in a supercontainer, it's randomized based on what premiums you don't have in port? I.E, if you have a premium and sell it, it might just show back up in your next supercontainer, instead of a ship you haven't yet gotten. 

I won all of the premiums last XMAS via the Secret Santa contest. I sold all the crappy ones.

How hard is this to understand?:  I don't want dozens of ships I haven't the slightest interest in ever playing.

I have 50 ships right now including every single one that I actually want.

So I'm good.

Thanks.

:bajan:

[HINON]
Privateers
6,266 posts
3,308 battles

I won all of the premiums last XMAS via the Secret Santa contest. I sold all the crappy ones.

How hard is this to understand?:  I don't want dozens of ships I haven't the slightest interest in ever playing.

I have 50 ships right now including every single one that I actually want.

So I'm good.

Thanks.

:bajan:

I don't think you're understanding me here. When you get a premium in a supercontainer, it can be any premuim you don't have in your port. So, you know how the Dunkirk, Leningrad, Perth, Mutsu, etc, etc weren't in the santa crates? 

You can get those from supercontainers.

But hey, just sell those premiums you don't like for easy credits and a port slot. If you aren't going to play them, then it's your call I guess.  

Alpha Tester
4,252 posts
9,421 battles

Selling it for about 1.6m credits, a free 5 pt Cpt & a free port slot.

Thankx WG (remember to thank WG for this freebie).

Edited by aethervox

Alpha Tester
4,252 posts
9,421 battles

So shoot me.

How about shooting you for your Avatar?

Otherwise, 'Blastoid', I quite agree with you.

It is amazing how stupidly some think isn't it - they have real 'issues' with alternate thinking.

Alpha Tester
4,252 posts
9,421 battles

Ya & you might be considered as having gone 'overboard', matey.

Alpha Tester
4,252 posts
9,421 battles

ePY1NaE.png?1

She's just difficult.

Don't ever sell Prem ships.

Honestly, she's just a little fun boat. For most people, she's a reminder of when she used to be Tier 1 in Beta or Alpha.

http://forum.worldofwarships.com/index.php?/topic/104531-premium-ship-review-katori/

Use LWM's review to properly use her~

Whenever anyone uses the term 'Blasphemy', I use the term 'Brainwashed'.

I'll sell any ship I want to, be it regular, reward or premium (especially garbage ones).

Some should be sold as soon as they show up.

[HINON]
Privateers
6,266 posts
3,308 battles

Whenever anyone uses the term 'Blasphemy', I use the term 'Brainwashed'.

I'll sell any ship I want to, be it regular, reward or premium (especially garbage ones).

Some should be sold as soon as they show up.

Good for you. It's just not worth it to me. 

Though, I just have to ask, how am I brainwashed? 

Edited by RivertheRoyal

[GWG]
[GWG]
Supertester
27,093 posts
14,707 battles

I've put up about 60k in her each time. She's a decent T3, don't sell premiums. I did it once when I was new and inexperienced. Never again. I want my Albany back...

You can get it back. Contact support and tell them you want to use an exception to get it back but you will need to have the credits you got for it to get it back.

Sign in to follow this