You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
LittleWhiteMouse

It only took 46 days...

48 comments in this topic

[WG-CC]
WoWS Community Contributors
12,277 posts
10,382 battles

But I finally had a game where I got to use RDF in the manner it was intended.  My Atago used it to outplay an Akatsuki.  It took over a month and a half for me to see any good use out of this skill.  What was all of the fuss about, again?

• Cool 10

Beta Testers
895 posts
4,556 battles

Lol, the DD players though RDF was gonna be the end of the world. ^^'

To be honest, IFHE has done more dmg to the current set up of ships then RDF ever could've thought to.

Edited by Battleship_Kentucky
  • Cool 3

Members
3,679 posts
8,111 battles

I think it was about players(especially low tier dds) are whining because they used to be able to delete clueless ppl with wall of skills...

Now they (thought)their victims now will learn to use rudder only need to just sail toward that white marker and alas! ppl stopped dying in one salvo! The end is nigh!

Beta Testers
895 posts
4,556 battles

I think it was about players(especially low tier dds) are whining because they used to be able to delete clueless ppl with wall of skills...

Now they (thought)their victims now will learn to use rudder only need to just sail toward that white marker and alas! ppl stopped dying in one salvo! The end is nigh!

This sounds about right. ^^' Thing is I always saw RDF as a rather useless skill that deprives you of many better combat or survival oriented skills. Using your minimap can provide 90% of that data that RDF is feeding you, 90% and I can save 4 skill points. I'll take another skill. :3

[0O0O0]
Members
16,315 posts
12,187 battles

Did you see that video of Ajax putting up 4 billion damage?

At the start when he goes into the cap that shim used RDF to put out a torp salvo.... Sight unseen, undetected. You can lulz about RDF all you want but it's a stupid skill that is a nerf to Destroyers among 30 thousand other nerfs.

Edited by slak__
  • Cool 3

Beta Testers
895 posts
4,556 battles

Did you see that video of Ajax putting up 4 billion damage?

At the start when he goes into the cap that shim used RDF to put out a torp salvo.... Sight unseen, undetected. You can lulz about RDF all you want but it's a stupid skill that is a nerf to Destroyers among 30 thousand other nerfs.

And yet, here I am in ranked using a KM DD. And knocking the very ships armed with this skill around. Wow....such a nerf....^^'

[FOXEH]
Beta Testers
6,103 posts
1,313 battles

Wait, you mean RDF is actually useful? 

Thats news to me... :amazed:

:trollface:

Members
5,202 posts
3,461 battles

In the week I ran RFP I used it at least in 3 instances. Strong skill if you're set up for it. I ran across a Farragut and Leander in a division that used it well. To pretend it does nothing is pretty ignorant and unimaginative.

[0O0O0]
Members
16,315 posts
12,187 battles

And yet, here I am in ranked using a KM DD. And knocking the very ships armed with this skill around. Wow....such a nerf....^^'

Meh.

So....

Would you say that the skill isn't a nerf to Concealment play, because I fail to see how you could come to that conclusion. I'm not arguing as to the "strength" of the skill. But I can say with conviction that the skill is aimed at reducing the effectiveness of any boat that uses concealment as a tactic.

• Cool 1

[HINON]
Members
3,266 posts
27,607 battles

RDF was a complete fail ladies and gentlemen. DDs continue to inflict serious BB casualties. We already nerfed torps, we implemented radar and hydro, we buffed spotter aircraft, we included vigilance skill, we nerfed DE, we buffed fire prevention, we added DD neutering cyclones, directly nerfed the IJN line, buffed USN cruisers,  included smoke having, radar weilding RN cruisers with shells made especially to hurt destroyers. We are running out of ideas. .... Stealth fire! It's cancer. Delete that! .. Brilliant!

• Cool 1

[SYN]
Members
15,874 posts
12,803 battles

I will pick it up on my Zao captain, seeing as I will end up with 4 spare points anyways.

Being able to pre-aim guns to where a DD is going to get spotted and unloading 12x Zao shells into them, before they are able to react, will be fun to watch. (Which a Zao did to my Kiev)

That and it could be handy on cruisers that already have trouble hunting down DDs, like slow fat kid Hindenburger or spotted from mile away before getting into radar range DM. (Which a DM did to my Shima)

[TWT]
Members
1,726 posts
14,316 battles

But I finally had a game where I got to use RDF in the manner it was intended.  My Atago used it to outplay an Akatsuki.  It took over a month and a half for me to see any good use out of this skill.  What was all of the fuss about, again?

It was never a good BB skill, and exceptionally rarely a good CA skill.

It's an amazing, broken as hell DD skill though. I'm not sure why anyone in all those threads found that such a hard concept to grasp.

Members
765 posts
2,849 battles

Some of the stealthier DDs that are decent cappers, like the Z-46, used to be able to rely on stealth and timing to sit in open waters with right angling and escape routes.  When detected by RDF.. this is not an option since you can bet a CA/DD combo is heading your way.  Its a nerf to DDs that rely on their stealth.  That said, it is only being used in about half of all games, and can only target one at a time.  Overall, I'd say its not a DD killer any way.  Some DD hunting DDs and DD cappers even use the skill.

[0O0O0]
Members
16,315 posts
12,187 battles

RDF was a complete fail ladies and gentlemen. DDs continue to inflict serious BB casualties. We already nerfed torps, we implemented radar and hydro, we buffed spotter aircraft, we included vigilance skill, we nerfed DE, we buffed fire prevention, we added DD neutering cyclones, directly nerfed the IJN line, buffed USN cruisers,  included smoke having, radar weilding RN cruisers with shells made especially to hurt destroyers. We are running out of ideas. .... Stealth fire! It's cancer. Delete that! .. Brilliant!

Don't forget the utter destruction of the CV line.

It's almost as if everything is aimed at keeping Battleships relevant, there is "real life" reasoning​ as to why they weren't during the period in this game covered by high tier ships. Maybe some actual realism is somehow seeping into this game.

Edited by slak__

[GGWP]
Beta Testers
2,180 posts
10,504 battles

Am I the only member of the DD Mafia who actually supported RPF?

[NMKJT]
Beta Testers
24,800 posts
3,895 battles

Ask all the Fletchers who are denied kills by my Yuugumo having RPF and thus knowing where they are so I can avoid them just how fun RPF is.

Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
266 posts
3,817 battles

meanwhile i got good use out of it multiple times in literally every match i played during the "trial" period.

a few times i felt like a dirty cheater.

then again, i was testing it in IJN and USN DDs, where it's a really good skill.

gonna grab it again when i get enough points.

[CVLUL]
3,459 posts
13,599 battles

I blind torp someone about once a week using RPF. 

Its not a BB or CA skill.  You guys dont get close enough to take advantage of it.  I still think its absolutely stupid when I can completely neutralize a flanking enemy just because i have a magical 4 point skill.

[CVLUL]
3,459 posts
13,599 battles

Am I the only member of the DD Mafia who actually supported RPF?

I still think its cheating.  WG didnt give a [edited]about my opinion, nor the entire competitive community, so [edited]it, I'm going to make people cry with it.

Maybe if enough people are crying about it WG will do the right thing.

[OPGS]
Members
608 posts
4,038 battles

I also had one game where RDF made a change. A DD sneaked around the back to sink me in my carrier. I received a notification I was located by RDF before I was spotted. I pulled my torp bomber back and pinged the place I thought the DD might be around to my team that were a few km in front. Found the DD before he spotted me. Much useful RDF lol.

Members
765 posts
2,849 battles

I also had one game where RDF made a change. A DD sneaked around the back to sink me in my carrier. I received a notification I was located by RDF before I was spotted. I pulled my torp bomber back and pinged the place I thought the DD might be around to my team that were a few km in front. Found the DD before he spotted me. Much useful RDF lol.

That brings up a great point.  RDF works both ways.  If i'm pinged, it gives me the location of the nearest enemy, and from that, often the ability to estimate the locations of the entire enemy force (when pinged early and im to one side, when my allies have ships further advanced on the opposite flank or center.)
Edited by Zim_Xero

Members
806 posts
7,027 battles

RPF has helped me avoid being finished off in my low HP Benson by a Sims during a cyclone, the indicator told me he was lurking behind an island near the cap point.

RPF allowed me to hunt down and avoid getting juked by said Sims after he disappeared behind an island. He would've won the match by running out the clock because I would've went the wrong way around the island without RPF. With RPF, I cut him off and killed him.

With RPF, I know the relative location of enemy DDs on the cap, or if the cap I'm sailing towards will be free and uncontested.

RPF is pointing towards empty space, yet there is an enemy BB 10km away from me that is not being highlighted by RPF? Now I know there is an invisible enemy DD within 10km of my ship, and I can estimate his location just by looking at the minimap. This is one way vulnerable IJN DDs can avoid face-checking a Gearing at 5.9km. Like many critics have said about this skill, it ruins the element of surprise against players (mostly DDs) who use this skill correctly.

Useless on BBs, very situational on CAs, but a skill worth considering on DDs. 

Edited by Cruiser_Chicago
  • Cool 1