You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
_Marines

Poll: If WG introduces Tier IX ranked battles, which battleship would be your choice?

If WG introduces Tier IX ranked battles, which battleship would be your choice?  

50 members have voted

1. 1. Which battleship would be your choice for Tier IX ranked?

• USN - Missouri (BB-63)
    • KM - Friedrich der Große (H39)
    • IJN - Izumo (A-140 J2)
    • USN - Iowa (BB-61)

22 comments in this topic

[APES]
Members
1,007 posts
6,589 battles

0GDVfcO.jpg

All battleships in this tier are very awesome! They even survive in current Tier X random battles. If WG to introduce Tier IX ranked, which will be your choice?

[FOXEH]
Alpha Tester
6,862 posts
16,466 battles

There's no choice int he matter, Iowa's accuracy is just too good to pass up! :playing:

• Cool 1

Alpha Tester, Members, In AlfaTesters, Beta Testers
12,401 posts

I don't have a missouri so Iowa assuming rewards were worth pursuing.

Members
300 posts
6,969 battles

Neptune..great all round [edited]kicker.Just have play around radar and you are good.BB's...Would die too fast at that level in ranked.

Edited by Robinhood_

[WOLF3]
[WOLF3]
Members
28,199 posts
24,561 battles

If the player was luxurious, and especially Iowa / Missouri are getting their citadels lowered, Missouri would be a great choice.

RADAR.

Outside that, FDG.  Very good, all around characteristics with 406mm/420mm guns, long range secondaries, balanced speed and handling, and German Hydro and not the nerfed Bismarck Hydro.  You also cannot ignore that FDG has great protection.

Edited by HazeGrayUnderway

[SPTR]
Members
27,186 posts
16,907 battles

yeah I'll grab the Iowa too as well 

[WG-CC]
WoWS Community Contributors
12,278 posts
10,382 battles

My top three picks for a tier 9 Ranked season would be:

• Fletcher
  • Neptune
  • and Ibuki

[ONE38]
Members
3,781 posts
13,341 battles

Top 5

Black (for those who will have her)

Fletcher

Missouri

Neptune

FdG

Maybe... Tashkent, since it would be post-stealth-fire nerf.

Edited by lemekillmister

[-RTS-]
Beta Testers
226 posts
8,486 battles

If the player was luxurious, and especially Iowa / Missouri are getting their citadels lowered, Missouri would be a great choice.

RADAR.

Outside that, FDG.  Very good, all around characteristics with 406mm/420mm guns, long range secondaries, balanced speed and handling, and German Hydro and not the nerfed Bismarck Hydro.  You also cannot ignore that FDG has great protection.

What? Iowa/Missouri are getting their citadels lowered after all? Where is this from? 

[AAA]
Members
169 posts
6,746 battles

What? Iowa/Missouri are getting their citadels lowered after all? Where is this from? 

Posts on Reddit, including a specific post by Sub_Octavian here

and several other confirmations, including mentions in YouTube reviews of the Alabama and how its citadel placement will "be a relic, a dinosaur of the days gone by". 

Edit: Fixed the link.

Edited by ImperialArmament

[IJN]
Members
315 posts
14,757 battles

I take Friedrich der Große which really should be named Ulrich von Hutten or Götz von Berlichingen because this were the names given to the two H-39 battleships that were laid down. I would choose this because of the secondaries. 

[NDA]
Supertester, Alpha Tester, Beta Testers
5,662 posts
4,472 battles

Mine would probably be the Missouri or Iowa. But I haven't progressed further than the New York, and still 300k FXP short of the Missouri. So I guess I'd have to stick with the Izumo.

• Cool 1

Members
3,679 posts
8,111 battles

If the tier 9 ranked is gonna be close quarters smoke meta with two caps very close to each other and almost open in between like it is now, I would pick Frederich der Großer. I can see Missouri/Iowa being very strong simply by bow on to the other side, but in late games they are too vulnerable to get rushed by FDG, and with a combination of secondary hail, citadel proof armor, #madeingermany bow and superior maneuverability Missouri/Iowa won't stand a chance in a close quarters.

Plus the Missouri and Iowa can only either have aircraft or radar, i.e. one kind of surveillance assistance tool, while FDG have both airplanes and hydro to beef up her capability in the smoke meta, and the (far)superior stealth of two battleships won't be of much use in a close engagement map...

Edited by The_first_harbinger

[SYN]
Members
15,874 posts
12,803 battles

FDG

Missouri

Baltimore

Fletcher

Taiho is going to be a massive PITA, way more so than Shokaku or Saipan.

If you bring Essex, I think you are going to get TK'd a lot.

[APES]
Members
1,007 posts
6,589 battles

I take Friedrich der Große which really should be named Ulrich von Hutten or Götz von Berlichingen because this were the names given to the two H-39 battleships that were laid down. I would choose this because of the secondaries. 

I strongly agree. Hutten will be a very fitting name for H39. Fred... meh.

[WOLF3]
[WOLF3]
Members
28,199 posts
24,561 battles

Well, since the cat is out of the bag to look at other ships instead of just BBs like the OP said, I'll go along :B

DD - Fletcher, easily.  A good combo of stealth, mighty torpedoes, excellent guns for close range work.  A great cap contester as well as scout.  My caveat to this are the rare few that will have BlackA Fletcher WITH RADAR?  Get outta heya!

Cruiser - This is tough, I want to say it's going to be very close between Neptune and Baltimore (shock, horror).  Neptune for the RN CL utility and configurations.  Baltimore is fairly stealthy also.  While Neptune may be able to slot Radar she has to give up Smoke.  Baltimore?  She'll pretty much always have radar and that is valuable.  Both can have stupidly powerful AA but B-More has Defensive Fire access, Neptune doesn't.  However, Neptune has powerful, 10km torpedoes with 2 launchers per side that can put a tremendous amount of pain.  Baltimore has no torpedoes.  I don't know enough about D.Donskoi to form an opinion and Ibuki is just... average.  She'll probably do okay but not a highlight ship for a supposed Tier IX Ranked.

Battleship - Already covered by my earlier post.  FDG and Missouri for the well off.

Carrier - LOL Taiho, any day, all day, 'errday of the week!  I have never played Taiho but I see her enough to be terrified of her.  IJN CVs are played a lot less in Randoms than USN CVs.  However, I think Taiho will "Pull a Hiryu."  Hiryu this recent Ranked Season was played far, far more than Ranger, and her performance held up just as well as Premium Saipan.  The IJN CV players came out of the woodwork to throw Hiryu into the fray and I feel the same will happen with Taiho.

Members
349 posts
5,412 battles

Three ships would be Neptune, Big Fred, and Tash.  Some might ask, why Tash?  Tash's ability isn't that it can do huge amounts of dmg or stealth and spot, though it can certainly do the former provided people aren't shooting you.  It's ability is to pester the reds so much that they up and ship elsewhere.  That or start chasing you.  Latter option highly recommended to reds (slow dd is slow :trollface:).  Tash's also a riot to play in Randoms.  Just start shooting a bb.  Eventually, that bb is gonna move elsewhere.  That's when you follow him, going "Notice me, senpai-sama!", all the while pelting him with shells.  RU dds are the trolls of the sea.  On another note, this is why RU dds are perfect for high tier Epicenter.  They force at least 1 team to begin moving, breaking the infinitely boring stalemate of long range gunfire.

FDG cuz hydro + tankiness.  Spotting a with radar doesn't matter too much when hydro will detect those torps.  In close quarters, radar might help for lighting things up, but unless the dd's braindead/extremely unluckly, he's not gonna die in 35 seconds.  Hydro on the other hand most certainly will kill dds.  Much longer duration coupled with 5+km detect range is good enough.

Neptune cuz I gotta smoke ma weed e'ryday.  Gonna go to tha hospital if I don't.  Though that hospital is pretty super.

Edited by Peacemaker100