Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Synpax

Where does Warships.today, etc., get their data from?

7 comments in this topic

[TNG-2]
Members
184 posts
13,282 battles

Is there a feed or something? I'd like to do my own analysis. 

[SYN]
[SYN]
Alpha Tester, Beta Testers
30,523 posts
5,697 battles

Is there a feed or something? I'd like to do my own analysis. 

WG releases their API data which allows people to do things like Warships.today. Now where you find that data? I have no idea. You could PM say NikoPower and he might be able to tell you.

[V_KNG]
Beta Testers
13,024 posts

Yeah - the link's good - and you can test it using your own, unique user ID numbers... you can find it in your local files... I'm thinking it was in preferences - or one of the other 'text' files.

By the way - if your stats are "hidden" on WoWS then you will not get any data. 

The other websites rely upon you for a couple of things; one, that you'll "register" with them and two (at least) your stats get set to public. Once they d/l your data they can then tie your sign-in to your unique WoWS ID "forever". Unless they purge the data. 

Somewhere along the line they make money from you and/or your stats, or through some type of contributions from users. Few things data-related are truly free. 

[BARF]
Beta Testers
5,816 posts
5,484 battles

Someone said that if you search one's username, the warships.today will add the data from official stats to their own database. 

Different site. Still can not add hidden data

[RKLES]
Members
12,557 posts
14,317 battles

At least in World of Tanks Blitz I noticed that Wargaming heavily used real world tank data to create their tanks, figured this out after running a few tests, lol some players accused me of being a hacker from time to time when in reality  I had just studied some WWII tanks and knew where weak spots and critical modules were. 

Have not played WOWs long enough for a definite answer, but we can probably assume they use mostly the same data from real world ships. Now of course Wargaming makes some adjustments, but generally things will be the same.

Edited by Admiral_Thrawn_1

Sign in to follow this