You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Carniolan

Anyone ever seen themself in a Youtuber WoWs video?

61 comments in this topic

Members
175 posts
5,632 battles

Every time I see Aerroon or Notser or one of the other Youtubers blow up a potato that is being stupid I always make sure that isn't me being said potato.

Anyone come across themselves?

Members
2,632 posts
10,276 battles

My Tashkent appeared very briefly (<2 seconds) in one of Arlios' videos as a midground filler. I was just in front of his Eugen shooting at the Shimakaze he ultimately sank.

[4HIM]
Beta Testers
399 posts
12,940 battles

Dread the moment...  :ohmy:

I'd always hope it was one of those games when I was being stellar, witty, and capable (= lucky.)  Not when my brain has disconnected, my fingers can't find the right button, and my potato form has fully manifested....

• Cool 1

Alpha Tester, Members, In AlfaTesters, Beta Testers
12,401 posts

I ended up in an ichase video once. Luckily i wasnt the topic of the video(it was about a div mate that carried) since i derped and got myself nuked early.

[-K-]
Beta Testers
1,804 posts
11,580 battles

RedSeaBear I think was the unfortunate victim of a derp in one of those videos

Alpha Tester
444 posts
2,983 battles

I friend of mine told me I was in the background in a Jingles video once, but I don't recall which one. I think it was a game where I derped and died early though. Certainly I wasn't the star.

I was also in a ranked battle with Notser once. That was a good game, with a Kraken for me and a win for the team, but AFAIK it wasn't on Notser's stream or youtube channel.

[--K--]
Members
5,387 posts
17,880 battles

RedSeaBear I think was the unfortunate victim of a derp in one of those videos

:hiding:

I've been in two Notser videos, one with a Fletcher that was an epic battle that almost netted a solo warrior and the other is my Udaloi getting nuked while trying to cap while Notser reviews the than New German T10 BB. 

Any other appearances on any other channel I'm unaware of.  

[ARMDA]
[ARMDA]
Members
962 posts
3,473 battles

I was in a Zoup video which was about a duel between my Montana and his Izumo. Needless to say, after that I paid much better attention to aiming and citadel placement.

[SYN]
Members
15,874 posts
12,803 battles

I sometimes get my replays featured.

I'm not aware of appearing in anyone's videos, however.

Mainly because I rarely run into the youtubers.

[HINON]
Privateers, In AlfaTesters
7,775 posts
2,137 battles

I appeared in a Notser video, his first on on the Leningrad.

I'm the moron in the Ognevoi who derps into one of his divisionmate's torpedoes...

:D Not one of my better moments in WoWs.

• Cool 2

[WOLFX]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
267 posts
8,291 battles

Not in a Youtube video, but do always glance at the names to see.

Once I got destroyed by Pigeon_of_War once when he was streaming. Did not realize until almost the end of the battle. Was neat to pull up the posted replay of the stream to see me die.

[JAG]
Beta Testers
110 posts
3,258 battles

Been in a few of Notser's streams but usually in a different part of the map and was The one that killed him in his 5.14 patch note video. Other than that I don't think I've been in any.

[NMKJT]
Beta Testers
24,800 posts
3,895 battles

I'd have to follow WoWS youtubers to notice. But I've been in matches with Notser before.

[-K-]
SuperTest Coordinator, WoWS Community Contributors
5,957 posts
22,092 battles

I've been in a few...

[PLDN]
Alpha Tester
2,156 posts
6,653 battles

I have a Nagato replay that Jammin covered. Otherwise not that I know of, I rarely see youtubers anyway.

I'm in a couple great replays from other people, no idea if they uploaded anything tho.

Beta Testers
2,440 posts
8,653 battles

I was in the background of Jingles' first Atlanta review back in the beta. He even pointed me out in my Myoko doing well by myself against a full health Fuso after my team collapsed.

Aside from that, I've been featured. Once in Jingles' damage contest, a few WoWReplays vids, and a few times with iChase's Nautical Tales and the first Top 5 vid. I also divisioned with Arlios once when he was streaming.

Rarely people magically remember this in game. I couldn't remember the last featured player in a Jingles video to save my life.

[NDA]
Alpha Tester
2,902 posts
6,051 battles

Not yet but I dread the day it happens.  I'd lose what little respect and viewers I have on my own Youtube channel probably.  :child:

Beta Testers
1,896 posts
9,565 battles

Not yet but I would be honered to be a Potato on You Tube

I am also running a contest for you to win gold

http://forum.worldofwarships.com/index.php?/topic/118037-contest-for-6000-gold-and-support-the-uso/page__st__20__p__2872235#entry2872235

[SYN]
[SYN]
Alpha Tester, Beta Testers
30,523 posts
5,697 battles

I probably have, but I don't remember.

[PROJX]
Members
1,115 posts
28,526 battles

A few times - luckily (to my knowledge), nothing too embarrassing - was on iChase's team when he was testing a Russian cruiser but fought on the opposite flank (team won).  Pushed w Zoup & his division buddy while in a Tirpitz w/o realizing who it was (I turned back to protect against enemy push to our rear, they steamrolled on initial push, we held our rear flank & won easily), played against Notser a couple of times (our team won both, but Notser made it difficult) - Notser was great & posted a Nachi comeback replay of mine (we came back from a 3-8 ship deficit to win & he's right - I need to use chain-fire!...:)

Edited by hangglide42

[JUGGZ]
Members
256 posts
2,930 battles

Only ever ran into Notser once, and it was before I had any idea who he was.  I was in a Bis and had just finished helping him fight a Yamato, right after which I make a turn to head inward to the center cap (can't remember which map, maybe Shatter, was right after I started playing again after a looooong break) and promptly eat a full spread of Shima torps, not knowing said Shima was there.  I guess it makes sense though since he was a div mate of the Yamato.  Luckily I don't think my unceremonious end ever made it into a video.