You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
RacerDemon

Hey Yamato...Sorry not Sorry =)

24 comments in this topic

[HINON]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
894 posts
3,937 battles

When the Derp takes out a Yamato and somehow got to it learning nothing about how armor works.

[WOOKY]
Alpha Tester
1,150 posts
9,130 battles

When the Derp takes out a Yamato and somehow got to it learning nothing about how armor works.

Huh? I dont have one...

[HINON]
894 posts
3,937 battles

Huh? I dont have one...

Talking about the enemy not you.

[CALM]
Beta Testers
6,831 posts
5,183 battles

Sometimes you have to turn though.

WG doesn't think so.  Or else they wouldn't have nerfed BB maneuverability while everyone else got to keep theirs after the major maneuverability buff back in CBT.

[HINON]
894 posts
3,937 battles

Sometimes you have to turn though.

Without a doubt however I suspect that this person likely was not in one of those moments of needing to turn. More likely it was "I am Yamato I Lolpen all and control this whole area of map." *Smack to side*

[RICO5]
Members
2,926 posts
5,919 battles

There are any number of reasons for this having happened, though I do agree that your assessment it by far the most probable.  Having spent a "few" hours in the Yam as well as the entire IJN line grinding up to her the old fashioned way, there are just those times when you end up showing side to someone.  It can happen any number of ways and sometimes it is unavoidable (unless you play like a camping potato) and sometimes it is done as a choice between the, hopefully, lesser of two evils.  Derp'iness aside most situations involve the usual team abandonment scenario and the Yam's wonderful turning abilities.    I have been caught in scenarios where the flank collapsed, or simply ran, leaving me not to face what was in front of me, but also what was now coming at me from the side.   Pretty close to a no win scenario there unless you can delete one of the 2 threats in time.   I have been head on, when support runs, leaving me to fend off hails of HE rain, torps, other BB fire, etc. with the choice to turn and hope for the best during the long period my side is exposed, or simply ride out the HE storm and do what I can until the inevitable death by fire consumes me.   Topedo avoidance is another...   Suck 6 torps or take a chance that maybe that BB over there doesn't get a lucky pot shot in?   With the Yam, Montana is probably the one ship I simply don't fear in a one on one engagement and I would pick the Yam to win that, unless the derp is strong with the Yam driver.  GK is about the only ship that really gives me pause and I will avoid that one until later in the battle if at all possible. 
  • Cool 1

[HINON]
894 posts
3,937 battles

There are any number of reasons for this having happened, though I do agree that your assessment it by far the most probable.  Having spent a "few" hours in the Yam as well as the entire IJN line grinding up to her the old fashioned way, there are just those times when you end up showing side to someone.  It can happen any number of ways and sometimes it is unavoidable (unless you play like a camping potato) and sometimes it is done as a choice between the, hopefully, lesser of two evils.  Derp'iness aside most situations involve the usual team abandonment scenario and the Yam's wonderful turning abilities.    I have been caught in scenarios where the flank collapsed, or simply ran, leaving me not to face what was in front of me, but also what was now coming at me from the side.   Pretty close to a no win scenario there unless you can delete one of the 2 threats in time.   I have been head on, when support runs, leaving me to fend off hails of HE rain, torps, other BB fire, etc. with the choice to turn and hope for the best during the long period my side is exposed, or simply ride out the HE storm and do what I can until the inevitable death by fire consumes me.   Topedo avoidance is another...   Suck 6 torps or take a chance that maybe that BB over there doesn't get a lucky pot shot in?   With the Yam, Montana is probably the one ship I simply don't fear in a one on one engagement and I would pick the Yam to win that, unless the derp is strong with the Yam driver.  GK is about the only ship that really gives me pause and I will avoid that one until later in the battle if at all possible. 

No argument +1.

[NUWES]
Members
3,243 posts
11,563 battles

​Interesting how you immediately assumed that he doesn't know what he is doing. From the thumbnails later in the thread, the Mo just came around the island. Maybe the Yamato driver didn't seem him before he got citadeled. There is also another Missouri dead ahead of him and two more BBs on the other side.

[NMKJT]
Beta Testers
24,800 posts
3,895 battles

WG doesn't think so.  Or else they wouldn't have nerfed BB maneuverability while everyone else got to keep theirs after the major maneuverability buff back in CBT.

You only have yourself to thank for that, as I keep pointing out and you keep ignoring.

[WOOKY]
Alpha Tester
1,150 posts
9,130 battles

​Interesting how you immediately assumed that he doesn't know what he is doing. From the thumbnails later in the thread, the Mo just came around the island. Maybe the Yamato driver didn't seem him before he got citadeled. There is also another Missouri dead ahead of him and two more BBs on the other side.

He saw me, but was focused on the cruiser that was with me and for some reason decided to turn broadside to me to get a full salvo off on the cruiser....thus sealing his fate...granted he was less than 5km from me....
Edited by RacerDemon

[HINON]
[HINON]
Members
8,303 posts
12,206 battles

i can summon a player, wanna see? SHOW US YOUR CITS, and now we wait:D

[WOOKY]
Alpha Tester
1,150 posts
9,130 battles

i can summon a player, wanna see? SHOW US YOUR CITS, and now we wait:D

lol

[WOOKY]
Alpha Tester
1,150 posts
9,130 battles

Missouri does have great accuracy, I'll give you that! Great shot too by the way.

Missouri??? and Thanks!

Members
341 posts
1,987 battles

Meh, I'd expect better of a Montana. If I can pull off a 6 citadel broadside on a Yamato with my Iowa, surely a Montana could do more.

[WOOKY]
Alpha Tester
1,150 posts
9,130 battles
On 5/4/2017 at 4:06 PM, Greenday4537 said:

Meh, I'd expect better of a Montana. If I can pull off a 6 citadel broadside on a Yamato with my Iowa, surely a Montana could do more.

He died in all 5 cits....not sure how you did a 6 cit salvo...but ok? 

[BANG_]
Beta Testers
493 posts
6,074 battles

Target fixation tends to get a lot of folks blown out of the water by the other folks they're ignoring.

Members
349 posts
5,412 battles
23 minutes ago, The_Necroposter said:

Hey, stop that, this is my shtick.

Correction:

f8tZqHa.jpg

Edited by Peacemaker100

[RICO5]
Members
2,926 posts
5,919 battles
On ‎3‎/‎14‎/‎2017 at 11:33 AM, CaptGodzillaPig said:

Yay thread revival!  Fun to read now as a hard core GK driver seeing my comments as a Yam driver back then..  Yeah Yammy..  You keep clear of that GK..  He will eat your lunch.  lol.   (sorry had to quote my own old post)

Edited by CaptGodzillaPig

Members
341 posts
1,987 battles
11 hours ago, RacerDemon said:

He died in all 5 cits....not sure how you did a 6 cit salvo...but ok? 

Well, an Iowa fires 9 shells and each citadel is 13,500 damage. So if 6 land, that's only 81,000 damage. Yamato's have 97,200 hit points without bonuses.

It's within the realm of possibility. Also I was only 5 km out when he rounded the island and was surprised.