You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
commando_brian

Team Killer WHY AM I STILL PINK!!

26 comments in this topic

[PVE]
Members
477 posts
18,837 battles

I became a team killer after my Bot. torp. plane sank a DD with a overshot, I've now played twice the number of battles to get the pink off and I'm still pink!!! why!

[ARGSY]
Members
10,326 posts
16,093 battles

if you did any team dmg at all,  that match doesn't count toward 5 .  go play  coop CV till you are clear.

[GRETA]
Members
299 posts
10,348 battles

If someone bumps into you or you do any team damage your pink battle status will be reset.

Members
858 posts
1,810 battles

If someone bumps into you or you do any team damage your pink battle status will be reset.

This explains why most people work off their pink status in co-op.  In randoms, there are "those players" who will intentionally rub you so that game doesn't count towards your 5 games.  Bot don't care.

[LRM]
Members
558 posts
12,055 battles

Not reset exactly but simply doesn't decrement.

Also, for reasons not discernable sometimes the counter doesn't decrement anyway.  I've had to play as many as eight games to work off a pink.

[O_O]
[O_O]
Members
5,092 posts
22,673 battles

The last time I was pink it took me 6 battles to "clear my name" instead of the 5 that the UI told me I needed. I double checked every game and there were no "bumps" or any other damage to team members. I think what happened was that, in one match, I did a very meager amount of damage to red due to poor positioning choices. I think that game didn't count. If I remember right, you can't just load in and do nothing to remove the pink. There must be a threshold on the amount of damage you need to do for the battle to count.

Beta Testers
2,029 posts

The number of games is an estimate.  I've read that there's a ratio of damage to friendly damage that you have to exceed in order to work off the team killer status.

[WOLF7]
Members
12,601 posts

The number of games is an estimate.  I've read that there's a ratio of damage to friendly damage that you have to exceed in order to work off the team killer status.

No, it's simply sloppy coding on WG's part. If you play a battle and die. Leave the battle before it's done and start a new battle, the first battle will not count towards your TK status.

Been a problem since they instituted it, and they seem incapable of fixing it....just like the rounding issue for reward notifications.

Beta Testers
2,029 posts

No, it's simply sloppy coding on WG's part. If you play a battle and die. Leave the battle before it's done and start a new battle, the first battle will not count towards your TK status.

Been a problem since they instituted it, and they seem incapable of fixing it....just like the rounding issue for reward notifications.

Huh... That's more than a bit ridiculous if leaving the battle early stops it from being counted.

I always heard it was damage based, but I just found LWM's guide and it says that's just a rumour.  

IW8simF.gif

Edited by AspiringCodger

[WOLF7]
Members
12,601 posts

Huh... That's more than a bit ridiculous if leaving the battle early stops it from being counted.

I always heard it was damage based, but I just found LWM's guide and it says that's just a rumour.  

IW8simF.gif

Try it. Then watch the counter on the damage screen. You play a battle, die, start the next, complete it and you'll only get credited for a single battle.

Welcome to WG, land of basement coders....:trollface:

Beta Testers
2,029 posts

Try it. Then watch the counter on the damage screen. You play a battle, die, start the next, complete it and you'll only get credited for a single battle.

I'll just take your word for it lol.

[WOLF7]
Members
12,601 posts

I'll just take your word for it lol.

Lol, well, not like being pink matters, so many of them these days. But the one time I went pink, I saw this happen, and did it twice to confirm. 

Considering the things WG does sometimes, it really shouldn't be surprising.

[NERO]
Members
3,630 posts

Are you sure you don't get credit for the game after the game you left ends? There are a lot of things you don't get credit for until after the game you left has ended, such as damage done toward a mission. 

Members
2,391 posts
13,906 battles

Pink is based on how much damage you did, and then to get out of pink, you have to do damage to the other team without any damage at all, not even a bump, to your team. It is not only about the number of games, but the amount of damage you do to the other side... just go play and it'll go away if you do not repeat team damage.

​Pink is cumulative. I once went pink in a game for 24 damage to a DD.. a DD that ran into me.. I was stationary in my own smoke....  WG explained that that 24 put me over the limit, and the accumulated damage I had done to team members in the previous battles, where I had done inadvertent team damage.

Oh and you have to stay to the end of each game... if you bail to port, the game doesn't count.

Edited by Elo_J_Fudpucker

Members
2,391 posts
13,906 battles

I was told by WG in a ticket I filed about TK issues, that is not totally the "number of games" based, but also about the damage you do to the other team w/o doing any TK damage while working your way out of Pink.

Members
2,391 posts
13,906 battles

I am not thinking it is sloppy programming.... ​I am thinking it is intentional.... we are being penalized for TK behavior. Allowing you to skate out of games and on to the next doesn't really accomplish their goal. The point is to make you play several games, without doing any TK damage, and while doing good damage to the opposing team. 
Edited by Elo_J_Fudpucker

[-AGW-]
Members
685 posts
3,886 battles

Co-op is the place to be.

1) If you have a Mikasa (The Pink Cadillac) take it to Co-op, and carefully con it toward the mass of incoming bots (giving team mates a wide berth). You do not need to fire your main guns... they are terribly inaccurate, and can result in team damage in the furball of Reds and Greens that characterize low tier Co-op. Your secondaries will suffice to deal out a healthy dose of damage, and cannot hit team mates.

2) NEVER use torpedoes while working off the pink.

[PVE]
Members
477 posts
18,837 battles

3 more games .no damage to team mates,good amount of damage to the enemy...and only one game counted towards the removal of the team killer status .[edited]! this kind of stuff wrecks this game

[DDM_]
Banned
1,680 posts
6,033 battles

3 more games .no damage to team mates,good amount of damage to the enemy...and only one game counted towards the removal of the team killer status .[edited]! this kind of stuff wrecks this game

Actually getting killed by someone you assume you don't have to worry about killing you when you're positioning your ship to fight the red team is the kind of stuff that wrecks games. Stuff like this encourages people to be more careful about where they launch torps, helps them learn not to stay zoomed in when engaging an enemy without zooming back out to check their surroundings and helps them learn to avoid running into friendly ships (usually while zoomed in without zooming out occasionally to check their surroundings).

[MOEKA]
Beta Testers
648 posts
15,268 battles

I played CV in co-op when I got pink. It took 10 games and I was very careful(didn't do any friendly damage or shot down friendly planes, no ramming of anyone). The number of games needed just went down slowly.

[SQUAD]
Members
9,176 posts
11,689 battles

You have to A) Do no damage at all to the team, and B) Remain in the battle until it's over for the battle to count. If you leave when get sunk, the counter stays set.

[LRM]
Members
558 posts
12,055 battles

Well, they ought to give you an exact number.  If the formula is X amount of damage multiplied by Y times you've been pinked = Z games to work it off (or whatever) it should be able to display Z.  I'd bet watching Z get bigger and bigger as you continue to earn the pink badge of shame would be a bigger encouragement to being pink in the first place.

[WOLF7]
Members
12,601 posts

You have to A) Do no damage at all to the team, and B) Remain in the battle until it's over for the battle to count. If you leave when get sunk, the counter stays set.

Incorrect. I accidentally TKed a bot the other night while fooling around in co-op, I got down to two games with no issue, then the next battle still showed two games. 

Both screens show me doing damage to the enemy and 0 damage to friendlies, yet the counter did not advance. And this time, i waited out each battle.... 

t1CAKV4.png

z7YBWVI.png

Something I noticed though, the damage counter on the pink bar. It appears you have to do that much enemy damage to clear it.

As you can see, I managed to last the final shell on a friendly bot, so there wasn't much damage to be worked.

5IX8eWS.png

Edited by awiggin