You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Taichunger

Why are unregistered players permitted to play T6 CVs?

17 comments in this topic

[INTEL]
Members
13,459 posts
37,290 battles

tZt2aHE.png

A bot? A player with a satirical name? What's going on?

[DDM_]
Banned
1,680 posts
6,029 battles

tZt2aHE.png

A bot? A player with a satirical name? What's going on?

Why are unregistered players allowed to play period?
  • Cool 1

[TSF_1]
Members
3,301 posts
7,732 battles

I think when you play without registration and then sign up, you keep the awful username.

Members
570 posts
1,465 battles

I think when you play without registration and then sign up, you keep the awful username.

That's just... awful... :look:

Beta Testers
578 posts
990 battles

Some people can't afford to change their name after they sign up, as their player name remains the same with no option to change it after registration

[INTEL]
Members
13,459 posts
37,290 battles

Some people can't afford to change their name after they sign up, as their player name remains the same with no option to change it after registration

That's basically wrong. first name change needs to be free....
  • Cool 3

Beta Testers
578 posts
990 battles

Yeah it should be. I have been wanting to change mine to a much better one for a while but can't get my hands on the 2,500 doubloons to do so

[-KIA-]
Members
5,193 posts
13,724 battles

Maybe that guy kept World of Warships open and just kept playing on that guest account for several days.

[GWG]
Members
7,212 posts
13,972 battles

I've noticed a trend in CV cheating.

Where someone has a potato computer and starts a second account -- builds up to CV.

Then hits 'BATTLE' on both at the same time, being on opposite sides of the same match.

The difference between the two CVs becomes apparent.  There are no dogfights.

But in this case, the Ryujo would have access to the entire enemy team disposition.

It's astonishing, seeing a tier 6 CV do so well in a tier 8 match.  I'm sure it is just a coincidence.

I've also seen potato CVs charging the enemy lines - only to be gunned/torped down quickly.  Then the OP can jump between enemy ships to see what they are up to.

Members
4,203 posts
8,877 battles

Amen to that; I am stuck with my handle just because I misread :(

Beta Testers
4,007 posts
14,539 battles

He still did more then the NC :D

He's in the same skill range as premium ship players and battleship players , seems ok to me :hmm:

Edited by Destroyer_WolfgangZenker

[INTEL]
Members
13,459 posts
37,290 battles

I've noticed a trend in CV cheating.

Where someone has a potato computer and starts a second account -- builds up to CV.

Then hits 'BATTLE' on both at the same time, being on opposite sides of the same match.

The difference between the two CVs becomes apparent.  There are no dogfights.

But in this case, the Ryujo would have access to the entire enemy team disposition.

It's astonishing, seeing a tier 6 CV do so well in a tier 8 match.  I'm sure it is just a coincidence.

I've also seen potato CVs charging the enemy lines - only to be gunned/torped down quickly.  Then the OP can jump between enemy ships to see what they are up to.

That's very interesting. 

Members
790 posts
6,339 battles

Why are unregistered players allowed to play period?

A totally legitimate question.

[FFG31]
Beta Testers
504 posts
5,785 battles

Yeah it should be. I have been wanting to change mine to a much better one for a while but can't get my hands on the 2,500 doubloons to do so

2,500?!?!?!:ohmy:

i thought it was 250!  wow, that's just flat our robbery

Beta Testers
578 posts
990 battles

2,500?!?!?!:ohmy:

i thought it was 250!  wow, that's just flat our robbery

I may have added an extra 0 by accident, sorry

[RICO5]
Members
2,926 posts
5,919 battles

Looks like you are trying to justify what looked to be a pretty horrible game by your entire team.      Dude probably didn't change his name, as suggested.  I have seen a couple of "playerxxxx" in games up to T8 T9.

I'm guessing your NC and Bis hid in the back and did....  not sure what?  Shoot really really poorly?

The Ginny actually got out and tried to do something productive and possibly tank for the team, only to get left alone to die.  Quite possibly the Akatsuki got him.

It goes without saying what the Belfast and Atlanta were doing, or trying unsuccessfully to do.

I would guess that you and your div mate spent the game hiding and invi-torping or firing instead of actually spotting or capping for your team.

Aoba drove around in circles being basically useless all game and shooting her 10k torps at ships 14k away, but probably managed to set just enough fires on BB's not looking her way to get some damage racked up.

So I would say that outside of Ginny, Hipper, and AZ, it appears to have been a game with a bunch of the usual running around potatoing against a team that was probably doing a lot of the same, but did just enough right to end up beating you in the end.  Based on the number of ships still alive at the end, they either capped your base or held all 3 - 4 caps from you and won on points fairly quickly.

[WOLF7]
Members
12,599 posts

Looks like you are trying to justify what looked to be a pretty horrible game by your entire team.      Dude probably didn't change his name, as suggested.  I have seen a couple of "playerxxxx" in games up to T8 T9.

I'm guessing your NC and Bis hid in the back and did....  not sure what?  Shoot really really poorly?

The Ginny actually got out and tried to do something productive and possibly tank for the team, only to get left alone to die.  Quite possibly the Akatsuki got him.

It goes without saying what the Belfast and Atlanta were doing, or trying unsuccessfully to do.

I would guess that you and your div mate spent the game hiding and invi-torping or firing instead of actually spotting or capping for your team.

Aoba drove around in circles being basically useless all game and shooting her 10k torps at ships 14k away, but probably managed to set just enough fires on BB's not looking her way to get some damage racked up.

So I would say that outside of Ginny, Hipper, and AZ, it appears to have been a game with a bunch of the usual running around potatoing against a team that was probably doing a lot of the same, but did just enough right to end up beating you in the end.  Based on the number of ships still alive at the end, they either capped your base or held all 3 - 4 caps from you and won on points fairly quickly.

There is absolutely no requirement to sign up after a certain period. WG is allowing temp accounts to try and bolster server numbers, and all they are really doing is allowing players to exploit the system. TK'ers are now using this to tk with impunity.