You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
CapnCappy

Engaging potatoes

17 comments in this topic

[INTEL]
Members
3,265 posts
6,603 battles

So the past 12 hours or so I've been ignoring my div-mate's advice and engaging the potatoes in conversation.

Here's what I've learned:

1. They appear to like to be potatoes

2. Trying to give advice is like throwing acid in their faces

3. Coop is the ultimate potato storage facility

(On a side note: this video was faked by it's creators and Lemmings don't actually do this. The Lemmings were hand-thrown off the cliff for the camera. Go Disney!)

• Cool 2

Beta Testers
578 posts
990 battles

n4y26OJ.gif

^^^^ Active live feed from the mind of a potato

I just try and play around them. Use them as bait, let them take the enemy's attention and then farm the damage. I understand not everyone is a stellar player, but the amount of sheer stupidity and belligerence to listen to any kind of advice is saddening.

Members
130 posts
6,424 battles

So the past 12 hours or so I've been ignoring my div-mate's advice and engaging the potatoes in conversation.

Here's what I've learned:

1. They appear to like to be potatoes

3. Coop is the ultimate potato storage facility

(On a side note: this video was faked by it's creators and Lemmings don't actually do this. The Lemmings were hand-thrown off the cliff for the camera. Go Disney!)

Oh great, another mama didn't hug me enough post...feel better about yourself son?

good grief

Beta Testers
578 posts
990 battles

Oh great, another mama didn't hug me enough post...feel better about yourself son?

good grief

Come on man, no need to hate. 

I am also pretty sure CapnCappy is not quite young enough to be your son... :trollface:

[V_KNG]
Beta Testers
13,077 posts

Come on man, no need to hate. 

I am also pretty sure CapnCappy is not quite young enough to be your son... :trollface:

I'm thinking someone doing the hating is living in Bizarro world.... and yup, I agree with your second statement ;-) 

I didn't take away any "mama dinna love me enuff"... you know sometimes a post reflects the inner being of the poster... kind of like a toaster using an oven mitt roaster... 

Beta Testers
578 posts
990 battles

I'm thinking someone doing the hating is living in Bizarro world.... and yup, I agree with your second statement ;-) 

I didn't take away any "mama dinna love me enuff"... you know sometimes a post reflects the inner being of the poster... kind of like a toaster using an oven mitt roaster... 

Damn son you are spittin out rhymes like you ain't got no time,

Wondering how to suffer in this world of up and up again,

Ragin against the hate and staying up too late,

Watching all them potato fries enter your gunsights and die.....

I apologize. I am very sorry for my sin.... :trollface:

Members
130 posts
6,424 battles

Oh I'm not hating nor angry, I just think it's low caliber to go in game lambasting players who may or may not be potatoes....it's just trolling people who are just "playing" and it's quite d0uchey.

...now the 'unplanned' lemming train I could get on board with.

[INTEL]
Members
3,265 posts
6,603 battles

Oh I'm not hating nor angry

You literally are lying.

Members
130 posts
6,424 battles

You literally are lying

Lol sure fella,

I rarely play as much these days and pop into co-op now and then...I just remember you from yesterday as you immediately referred to the CV as a potato​ and he's going to hide behind an island ​ right at the start  as YOU sat your BB in the back during the match. CV was probably new learning or just chilling in co-op and did nothing to receive that. 

"trolling"

is that a lie?

smh.

Edited by rogerwilco71

[INTEL]
Members
3,265 posts
6,603 battles

Lol sure fella,

I rarely play as much these days and pop into co-op now and then...I just remember you from yesterday as you immediately referred to the CV as a potato​ and he's going to hide behind an island ​ right at the start  as YOU sat your BB in the back during the match. CV was probably new learning or just chilling in co-op and did nothing to receive that.

"trolling"

is that a lie?

smh.

That is literally what he did.

Members
557 posts
5,603 battles

I'm trying to locate in the EULA where players are expected aND obligated to play their accounts in the manner in which you see fit. I'll keep digging...

[INTEL]
Members
3,265 posts
6,603 battles

I'm trying to locate in the EULA where players are expected aND obligated to play their accounts in the manner in which you see fit. I'll keep digging...

I guess the point of my post was that most players simply don't want to learn basic game mechanics, even if you point them out to them.

Basically I'm saying my div-mate was right. Better to say nothing.

Members
557 posts
5,603 battles

Maybe it is the manner in which it is delivered. I find most players that offer their "insight" in a most negative way and right in the middle of battle when it was unwelcomed. I had a recent experience with a carrier player that did not understand strafing and manual drops. Rather than berate him I waited until the end of the match and sent him Aeroon's and I-Chases YouTube links for carrier play. The player was super appreciative.

[INTEL]
Members
3,265 posts
6,603 battles

Maybe it is the manner in which it is delivered. I find most players that offer their "insight" in a most negative way and right in the middle of battle when it was unwelcomed. I had a recent experience with a carrier player that did not understand strafing and manual drops. Rather than berate him I waited until the end of the match and sent him Aeroon's and I-Chases YouTube links for carrier play. The player was super appreciative.

I actually spent several matches with a <45%WR CV player (before the match with rogerwilco71) trying to get him to understand adjusted auto drops and grouping planes. Nope. Didn't want to hear it. And no it wasn't "Hey potato, you suck." It was "Hey, buddy seriously, you can increase your damage output simply by clicking on your target and changing the angle of attack. Straight on for DB and side for TB."

Members
557 posts
5,603 battles

I actually spent several matches with a <45%WR CV player (before the match with rogerwilco71) trying to get him to understand adjusted auto drops and grouping planes. Nope. Didn't want to hear it. And no it wasn't "Hey potato, you suck." It was "Hey, buddy seriously, you can increase your damage output simply by clicking on your target and changing the angle of attack. Straight on for DB and side for TB."

I would have followed up with I will send you a link or two afterwards you might find informative.

[0456]
Members
3,824 posts
10,091 battles

This is accurate about 90% of the time. Of course a lot of it depends on the delivery of the advice... but unless you're some popular web personality that everyone knows even the most cordial input is met with anaphylaxis.