You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
KalishniKat

I think Actual Lemmings are Smarter

29 comments in this topic

Members
1,344 posts
14,279 battles

....than these morons in lemming trains lately. Lets ALL go to A and camp there and have an orgy or something as the enemy caps B and C, then relize, way too late, Ohhh we need to fight. Lemming trains are giving lemmings a bad name.

• Cool 1

[HINON]
Privateers
6,266 posts
3,308 battles

Well, considering that Lemmings don't actually throw themselves off cliffs, yes.

Real life Lemmings are smart enough not to "lemming train". 

• Cool 2

Alpha Tester
6,513 posts
3,304 battles

I generally like Disney, but Seal Island and the myths it perpetuated are an exception.

[CTF38]
[CTF38]
Members
4,535 posts
14,001 battles

I know what you mean.  No matter what I try to do, cajole, beg, plead, animal sacrifice, lemmings will stick together and go to one side of the map while the enemy evenly splits, flanks, and wipes us out.  It happens 99% of the time and it's frustrating beyond words.

And it doesn't confine itself to lousy maps like Strait; no, the lemming disease is spreading to all tiers and all maps.  The BB drivers flock together to have a sleepover and try on each other's skirts, and everyone else thinks its a good idea to be 'safety in numbers'.  It's maddening.

[CTF38]
[CTF38]
Members
4,535 posts
14,001 battles

I played a couple games where the scenario looked just like this and the results were the same.

[RKLES]
Members
12,557 posts
14,317 battles

....than these morons in lemming trains lately. Lets ALL go to A and camp there and have an orgy or something as the enemy caps B and C, then relize, way too late, Ohhh we need to fight. Lemming trains are giving lemmings a bad name.

Oh that's nothing oh look that Destroyer has knocked the HP down some on that cruiser and is now giving chase, hmm let's not consult with anyone and just give chase with all our remaining ships including Battleships and in the meantime let a couple enemy ships cap all 4 bases...

:facepalm:

[RKLES]
Members
12,557 posts
14,317 battles

I know what you mean.  No matter what I try to do, cajole, beg, plead, animal sacrifice, lemmings will stick together and go to one side of the map while the enemy evenly splits, flanks, and wipes us out.  It happens 99% of the time and it's frustrating beyond words.

And it doesn't confine itself to lousy maps like Strait; no, the lemming disease is spreading to all tiers and all maps.  The BB drivers flock together to have a sleepover and try on each other's skirts, and everyone else thinks its a good idea to be 'safety in numbers'.  It's maddening.

Yeah they take the wolf pack concept way too far to the point where everyone is in each other's way, smaller groups of ships is the better idea, like about 4 ships per group in random battles is often the ticket to dealing with enemy if players can shoot at least some what.

Members
1,344 posts
14,279 battles

Oh that's nothing oh look that Destroyer has knocked the HP down some on that cruiser and is now giving chase, hmm let's not consult with anyone and just give chase with all our remaining ships including Battleships and in the meantime let a couple enemy ships cap all 4 bases...

Ha!...exactly..they are out on the far reaches of the map chasing a stray while the enemy caps the objectives. In fact I played the stray in my Gneeznaw....had 2 of their last 3 ship after me..we won. 
Edited by KalishniKat

[REVY]
Members
8,089 posts
6,118 battles

The things is, if my team all clusters at A, half the time the enemy team isn't smart enough to attack from all directions, instead attacking 2-3 ships at a time versus 10, and get themselves sweeped.

Alpha Tester
4,252 posts
9,421 battles

The term Lemmings does not work in a marine environment.

Of course, most idiots who play WoT & WoWS don't have the brains to realize this.

A more appropriate term would be 'Sardines' (as in a school of fish).

&, yes, many Lemmings are likely smarter than most WoT players.

Look how long WoT has lasted.

[USCC2]
Members
6,182 posts

Lem=Lose.  99% of the time.

Not my experience. Lemming train = win a lot of the time; maybe it's about communication.

We head for one area, make easy work of the few ships on one side. Might even have a couple of our stealth ships try to slow down other side.

The main thing is once we achieve first objective we then communicate next action. We don't just sit there unless the caps/points and defensive position is good.

[USCC2]
Members
6,182 posts

The chase example is one I've seen.

One of our ships in trouble against 2 enemy; I'm on route and so are 2 BBs. Cue reveal of enemy CV - BBs go CV crazy! Then a third ship joins them!

I'm sure the CV mission didn't help.

[CTF38]
[CTF38]
Members
4,535 posts
14,001 battles

Yea, but when people coordinate which flag to attack..

...they still lose.  Lemming is lemming, no matter how much coordination is made.

[TFLT]
[TFLT]
Members
102 posts
2,757 battles

I have been playing more DD's lately and have specifically avoided following the lemming train. I figure go the opposite side and harass/slow the enemy to slow their push in order to have some chance to win.

Edited by Caducus46

Members
143 posts
5,704 battles

I have been playing more DD's lately and have specifically avoided following the lemming train. I figure go the opposite side and harass/slow the enemy to slow their push in order to have some chance to win.

I have done the same, especially on maps like Two Brothers. It's sad to see the whole team head of to one side of the map to capture A or D, and leave their flank completely unprotected. And if you try warning them that they will be sandwiched between the enemy in front and the enemy behind they completely refuse to believe it. I've made an effort to go and protect the flank, but there is only so much one DD can do, and when your spotting and calls for support go unanswered, or simply ignored you do what you can, and let them get smashed in the vice they put themselves into

[TAFY3]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
460 posts
11,206 battles

I have almost given up on any Wargaming product.  Teams in WoT, and WoWS are exactly the same.  Sure, I'm a crap player.  I make bad decisions in these games all the time.  Just look at my stats.  I am HORRIBLE!  Yet I find some team mates to be even worse!  1000 to 12 blowouts, or 15 to 3 in WoT.  Where is the fun in that?  I could understand a tier 1-4, maybe, but to have the exact same game at tier 8,9,10 is ridiculous.

With the Alabama coming out "soon" I am debating on spending any money at all.

Edited by SluggerJackson

[BHSN]
Members
2,564 posts
4,201 battles

i like the one's that actually call out 2 points, then all proceed to go to one of the two points forgetting they just called out 2 points. 

dipshits. 

[USCC2]
Members
6,182 posts

i like the one's that actually call out 2 points, then all proceed to go to one of the two points forgetting they just called out 2 points.

dipshits.

Ummm, I take it you were on the team?