Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
GoldPile

New Guide on Removing Seagal & ARP Voices (Post 0.6.2.0) - (Now with Arpeggio Fix)

29 comments in this topic

GoldPile    668

I've finally done it! That's right, a simple mod free way of getting both Seagal & all Arpeggio voices in 1 swoop. Unfortunately this method will remove both of them no exceptions, they will revert back to standard voices like before.

The concept is similar, fortunately the custom voices are squared away in a different package file from the main language files.

Steps:

1. Navigate to your WOWS install directory, the default directory is generally C:/Games/World_Of_Warships for Windows users, and locate the folder res_packages.

2. Go inside that folder and create backup folder either inside res_packages or anywhere else on your computer that you can access the files we're about to move when you want to revert changes (create a empty backup folder essentially).

3. Move the files: sound_mods_official.idx & sound_mods_official_0001.pkg into the backup folder you created previously. If you have view file extensions disabled they should look like sound_mods_official & sound_mods_official_0001 instead. Please note that you must move both files out of res_packages or World of Warships will crash on startup.

4. You're done! Seagal & Arpeggio voices are now disabled in-game.

New - Arpeggio Voice Enabler with Kirishima Fix

I've created a mod that re-enables all Arpeggio voices to their assigned captains after the previous files have been deleted. This mod also includes the Kirishima voiceover fix so you hear the correct captain voices while playing the Kirishima captain.

Note: This is an unconventional installation that goes into res, please consult the Readme for full information. Do not install this mod until the guide has been completed.

Download: Link

Edited by GoldPile
  • Cool 5

Chobittsu    1,977

But that randomized lines problem still persists for mods, ja?

GoldPile    668

But that randomized lines problem still persists for mods, ja?

If you're trying to replace the voice files (like Seagal) directly by mods, then yes. Now if the question was referring to the nature on how voice lines are just randomized in nature, the devs designed it that way.

rustydawg    36

Thank You GoldPile, now I can play my Arp ships in peace, and understand what's being said.

Raptormama    17

Thank You GoldPile, now I can play my Arp ships in peace, and understand what's being said.

That's the one thing I don't like about the ARP line. I don't speak Japanese and I'm hard of hearing, so I'm hit by the double whammy of the messages being gibberish to me and in a frequency range I have trouble with, even with a hearing aid.

And the messages are so long sometimes. Does Japanese really take that much longer to say something like "Torpedoes to port!" or "Enemy ship sunk!"?

rustydawg    36

That's the one thing I don't like about the ARP line. I don't speak Japanese and I'm hard of hearing, so I'm hit by the double whammy of the messages being gibberish to me and in a frequency range I have trouble with, even with a hearing aid.

And the messages are so long sometimes. Does Japanese really take that much longer to say something like "Torpedoes to port!" or "Enemy ship sunk!"?

Reminds me of the old Bugs Bunny cartoons, or comedies, they have a whole paragraph in a foreign language for one or two words in English. Edited by rustydawg

crzyhawk    2,979

I'll miss the Arpeggio voices, but the collateral damage is worth it.  Is there any way to just delete the Seagal files?

Edited by crzyhawk

JCC45    1,037

I've finally done it! That's right, a simple mod free way of getting both Seagal & all Arpeggio voices in 1 swoop. Unfortunately this method will remove both of them no exceptions, they will revert back to standard voices like before.

The concept is similar, fortunately the custom voices are squared away in a different package file from the main language files.

Steps:

1. Navigate to your WOWS install directory, the default directory is generally C:/Games/World_Of_Warships for Windows users, and locate the folder res_packages.

2. Go inside that folder and create backup folder either inside res_packages or anywhere else on your computer that you can access the files we're about to move when you want to revert changes (create a empty backup folder essentially).

3. Move the files: sound_mods_official.idx & sound_mods_official_0001.pkg into the backup folder you created previously. If you have view file extensions disabled they should look like sound_mods_official & sound_mods_official_0001 instead. Please note that you must move both files out of res_packages or World of Warships will crash on startup.

4. You're done! Seagal & Arpeggio voices are now disabled in-game. If removing Arpeggio voices is considered collateral damage & you would still like to hear them... I have this handy mod that still works. *wink wink*

*cough* Link *cough* :hiding:

Bless you!  My Wyoming, Texas & Arizona are playable again!

GoldPile    668

I'll miss the Arpeggio voices, but the collateral damage is worth it.  Is there any way to just delete the Seagal files?

If there's a way to go into the encrypted .pkg file & delete the Seagal contents or modify the .idx file to place an empty name string (I've tried with a hex editor, crashes game) then it's possible. But I'm no hacker & I wouldn't know how to decrypt the package file nor edit out Seagal's identifiers to where it doesn't crash.

crzyhawk    2,979

If there's a way to go into the encrypted .pkg file & delete the Seagal contents or modify the .idx file to place an empty name string (I've tried with a hex editor, crashes game) then it's possible. But I'm no hacker & I wouldn't know how to decrypt the package file nor edit out Seagal's identifiers to where it doesn't crash.

It's completely rediculous that they will not allow you to disable the content.  Someone has to be a serious Seagal fan.

GoldPile    668

It's completely rediculous that they will not allow you to disable the content.  Someone has to be a serious Seagal fan.

I just had an idea how to get ARP back only, give me a few mins.

GoldPile    668

Thanks for this :)

You're welcome! Check back again in a bit if you want the ARP voices back, I believe I found a way to re-enable them. Edited by GoldPile

GoldPile    668

Fix up, let me know how it works for you guys. :honoring:

SpudZero    148

Thank you so much GoldPile !, I was going crazy trying to get rid of Seagal.. (nothing really against the man, just not fond of his voice)

have all my +1's

MajorRenegade    4,274

@Mammoth_Tank_MKI sadly, the way Wg packaged the files for the official voice mods. It only let you remove all of them, not parts

AirshipCanon    374
On 3/14/2017 at 4:21 PM, Raptormama said:

For the ARP voices, they're often times not simple lines-- some are lifted from the anime itself, and make reference to things in the anime, such as Gunzou talking to his crew [which is REALLY pronounced if you put him in a DD because DD consumables seem to touch on most... only one missing is him asking Shizuka to do things because IJNDD don't get Hydro] 

For instance, when you're using a normal voice, the line for "lost engine" is something like "Propulsion is damaged."
With Gunzou's voice, it has him say something that amounts to "The engine room is hit! Iori, are you alright?"

I forget where I read it, but there was a big list of all the ARP voice lines somewhere. And some of them are quite out there-- they're not generic.

Comparatively, if you just set your voices to Japanese or National and then play IJN, the messages are MUCH shorter.

MajorRenegade    4,274
22 hours ago, Kiss_The_Donkey_BDS said:

Does removing the 2 files change anything other than the arp and seagal voices? it seems to work but i just dont want to screw with the ultra hd sound...

it doesn't effect the other sounds. The game will simply replace the missing seagal and arp voices with english when it can't find the files.

ExploratorOne    194

@MajorRenegade, is this still supposed to work?  I tried removing the files (actually renamed them by adding -BU) and the game gave an error on loading.  When I reverted, all was well.  Do the renamed files still have to be physically removed from the folder?  This doesn't make sense to me on the surface because by being renamed, they are different files.  That is, unless there is active code in them...

EDIT:  There must be active code in the files.  Moved the files to a backup folder and everything is well.  Game loads/runs and voices are in English.

Thanks!

(1,000th post...)

Edited by ExploratorOne

Sign in to follow this