TheDreadnought

Concealment Expert worth it on Graf Spee?

• You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.

17 posts in this topic

Doesn't seem like it would help you very much.  Seems like there are a lot of other great ways to spend 4 skill points.  Thoughts?

Concealment, yes.

But Graf Spee can also be very good using Manual AA, AFT, or Manual Sec. for those pesky DDs.

CE is useful on any ship. Whether its worth it to you on a particular ship is a question of playstyle.

Doesn't seem like it would help you very much.  Seems like there are a lot of other great ways to spend 4 skill points.  Thoughts?

It does help. You aren't the first thing spotted most of the time, so you have more options for getting position.

It's great since it allows you to close the gap more to deliver that punishing broadside into unsuspecting ships. Won't allow you to invisi-fire but the ability to wait a little bit longer for that broadside is excellent

Absolutely yes!

Graf Spee is not known for sustained DPM, but for burst DPS. Concealment Expert helps you be sneaky and get close to other cruisers showing broadsides and spike them down with her ridiculous AP.

Although a manual secondaries build could be fun too for dealing with DDs. I have a cruiser captain with CE, and my Bismarck captain with AFT/MS, so I can just swap back and forth if I want :)

I stuck my Hindenburger captain in it, so the captain naturally has CE.

Sure your gun bloom opens up when you fire, but CE will help you hide in between salvos at the bigger ships who want to invade your citadel.  Reload on the main guns also double as a timer for when you'll go back to normal concealment values.   Fire gun, when you reload for your next salvo that's when your concealment is back to normal.  I tend to use this in evasive maneuvers.  After firing I know exactly how long I'll need to act like a squirrel with ADD if I see 3 or more numbers on my targeting list.  CE also let's you sneak along the sides of enemy Battleships.  Stay hidden, stay close to them, wait for them to turn broadside because they don't notice you and then wham, close range fire into juicy broadside.

Absolutely yes!

Graf Spee is not known for sustained DPM, but for burst DPS. Concealment Expert helps you be sneaky and get close to other cruisers showing broadsides and spike them down with her ridiculous AP.

Although a manual secondaries build could be fun too for dealing with DDs. I have a cruiser captain with CE, and my Bismarck captain with AFT/MS, so I can just swap back and forth if I want :)

^this

Concealment is useful on any ship with strong Alpha strike potential like Graf Spee. Especially if you're squishy and can't sustain long engagements. Being able to withdraw and disappear allows you to survive, reposition, and keep on fighting. 

Imo every CA/CL (bar the Moskva "maybe" can go without it) should have CE.

IMO yes.  There's no other skill at level 4 I would take over CE.

Is this a real question?

Yes. Take CE every time. 

You are a RAIDER.

and German.

Setup to AP BBs where they cant hit back.

Use tactics to open up a fight with CITADELS vs cruisers. 8400dmg cits are monstrous can openers. 283mm guns work best as shock and awe, not brawling.  Torp me as I round an island and slam citadels while I'm busy trying to save my hide.

This is easier with better stealth.

It isn't a must like with most other cruisers, but generally the longer you avoid getting spotted the better chance you will have to excel. Manual secondaries can be nice but Spee doesn't get the full benefit since she is only T6.

Manual secondaries are a waste at T6.  They don't really get decent until T7.  You only get a 15% bonus at T6.  At T7, that goes up to 60%.

Manual secondaries are a waste at T6.  They don't really get decent until T7.  You only get a 15% bonus at T6.  At T7, that goes up to 60%.

They really need to change that, most especially since Tier VII lords over those poor V-VI ones.

Honestly I think that Man Secondaries needs to be heavily nerfed.  It's way too good for a simple ctrl+click imo.  Rather then encouraging brawling, it encourages people to stay the F away from DEBBs

The Adm Graf Spee without CE is 12.7km without firing (21.2km when firing) and with CE that drops to 11.2km (19.7km). I find that 1.5km of extra concealment very useful, especially when you first move to contact.