Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Archdemon_Satanichia

Patience

• You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.

13 posts in this topic

Posted (edited) · Report post

I just played a match in my Ishizuchi where I decided to take a more aggressive approach. I moved ahead of most of my team (I think a destroyer was still ahead of me). They weren't too far behind. So I'm sailing along and none of the enemy destroyers had been spotted yet, which is a little worrying but not really a complete deterrent, then suddenly, out of nowhere, six torpedoes appeared about 2 or 3 km away from me. Needless to say, they all hit me and I sunk about a minute later. I managed to do 5k damage and shoot down a single plane.

I pretty quickly came to the conclusion that I shouldn't move up much until all the destroyers have been spotted. It seems like a pretty obvious adjustment to me. What do you think?

Edited by Hiroe

Only a sith deals in absolutes. Anything can be viable. It comes down to what you do with the action you've taken. Had you simply recognized you were out far ahead and spotted at some point, you could deduce possible threats from shells or torps and performed countermeasures.

Rule of thumb. If something is not located or the location is old, assume it's about to kill you.

Only a sith deals in absolutes. Anything can be viable. It comes down to what you do with the action you've taken. Had you simply recognized you were out far ahead and spotted at some point, you could deduce possible threats from shells or torps and performed countermeasures.

Rule of thumb. If something is not located or the location is old, assume it's about to kill you.

I appreciate your thoughtful advice.

Sounds like you did the straight line potato instead of using WASD hack.

Sounds like you did the straight line potato instead of using WASD hack.

I did in fact do the straight line potato.

I did in fact do the straight line potato.

So you need to steer more and change speeds and torps will miss you. Never assume you are not a torp target when playing BBs. They can see you well before they are spotted.

So you need to steer more and change speeds and torps will miss you. Never assume you are not a torp target when playing BBs. They can see you well before they are spotted.

I shall do my best.

By the way... you have to avoid being predictable in your course and speed changes.... can't tell you how many times I've sunk a ship because the player goes this way for a couple seconds then alternates the other way a couple seconds then back again and... you get the picture. 

Avoid being predictable in your ship speed and direction. Good luck! 

By the way... you have to avoid being predictable in your course and speed changes.... can't tell you how many times I've sunk a ship because the player goes this way for a couple seconds then alternates the other way a couple seconds then back again and... you get the picture. 

Avoid being predictable in your ship speed and direction. Good luck! 

Understood, Captain. Thank you.

It is ok to push aggressively just try to put a screen of ally ships between you and the potential torpedoes so they are spotted early. Yes, put, allies in random battles usually won't do that for you so you need to position yourself behind such screen. Also could you change your avatar to that other one, this one haunts me.

It is ok to push aggressively just try to put a screen of ally ships between you and the potential torpedoes so they are spotted early. Yes, put, allies in random battles usually won't do that for you so you need to position yourself behind such screen. Also could you change your avatar to that other one, this one haunts me.

Understood.

As for the avatar, I like this one. I'll probably change it soon though, since I generally change my avatars very frequently. Variety is the spice of life. ^.^

Edited by Hiroe

Understood.

As for the avatar, I like this one. I'll probably change it soon though, since I generally change my avatars very frequently. Variety is the spice of life. ^.^

Thank you!

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0