You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Maine_ARC_1

Ok, let's be serious folks

103 comments in this topic

[LRM]
Members
2,958 posts
8,012 battles

http://kotaku.com/animes-latest-catchphrase-leads-to-superior-trolling-1693773719

I still hear people use Poi, and it's honestly somewhat confusing even after the article. I was in a battle the other day, someone in general chat said Poi, I responded with "TO HELL WITH POI!", and both sides chatted in things like "agreed" and "finally someone stands up against it", ect. ect.

Now I probably am going to get trolled in this, but oh well, the Haggis is already in the fire by now.

Point is that anyone using the term Poi needs to end it. It has gone on long enough that it needs to die out. The majority of players do not want to listen to this nonsense anymore. It was fun while it lasted, but seriously put the freaking dead horse in its grave. Please, stop using this term. No one cares, and no one want's to hear it. If you're going to use the Japanese word for confusing, please use it in a non-trolling context while actually speaking Japanese in a real conversation to someone who understands Japanese.

Because at this point, you guys are doing nothing but beating a dead horse, and I am sure your arm is tired by now. 

horsebeater2_0.jpg

This message was brought to you by all sane players who play World of Warships.

• Cool 4

[LRM]
Members
2,958 posts
8,012 battles

Are you like...not actually Fog?

I watch anime and I support people watching anime, but I don't support people using foreign culture as if it is their own.

[ARMDA]
Members
9,003 posts
5,457 battles

I would stop doing it if people told me. I would even just say it once at the beginning and just let it be. No need to say poi for every shell hit.

but poi

Edited by Unabletony

Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters, Beta Testers
6,164 posts
5,801 battles

As much as Poi can be annoying...it's still probably going to happen :P.  If nothing else, the Yuudachi Poi meme hasn't really died yet since Yuudachi is still a part of Kancolle, which is popular with a good number of WoWS players :P.

Personally...I prefer another saying:

walfas___nanodesu__by_eleceon-d96b826.pn

[PLPT]
Members
4,435 posts
6,599 battles

As much as Poi can be annoying...it's still probably going to happen :P.  If nothing else, the Yuudachi Poi meme hasn't really died yet since Yuudachi is still a part of Kancolle, which is popular with a good number of WoWS players :P.

Personally...I prefer another saying:

walfas___nanodesu__by_eleceon-d96b826.pn

Desu~
  • Cool 1

Members
3,043 posts
10,248 battles

I watch anime and I support people watching anime, but I don't support people using foreign culture as if it is their own.

Too bad, it happens. The more you moan about it, the more people are going to do it in front of you.

I think that's a rule of the internets.

[LRM]
Members
2,958 posts
8,012 battles

I would stop doing it if people told me. I would even just say it once at the beginning and just let it be. No need to say poi for every shell hit.

I appreciate you controlling yourself. The people who just spam it have honestly created a real hate for the word. 

EVERY FREAKING GAME someone says the word "confusing", even at every shell hit. After a while it gets to the point where no one want's to hear it any more.

Its fun in moderation... like once ever 100 games... and now.

Poi

The problem is so many people use it out of moderation that it has become frequent. After a years this needs to stop.

[WOLF7]
Members
12,599 posts

I appreciate you controlling yourself. The people who just spam it have honestly created a real hate for the word. 

EVERY FREAKING GAME someone says the word "confusing", even at every shell hit. After a while it gets to the point where no one want's to hear it any more.

The problem is so many people use it out of moderation that it has become frequent. After a years this needs to stop.

Good luck in getting a single person to listen to you in a FTP game. :trollface:

[LRM]
Members
2,958 posts
8,012 battles

Good luck in getting a single person to listen to you in a FTP game. :trollface:

Haha, yeah, laugh, that's great. Ask anyone in game who isn't on the forums if they know what Poi means, and I bet you they will tell you no, or react to the word negatively. 

[WOLF1]
Members
9,915 posts
14,331 battles

it will just keep Happening..

Plenty Of Imbeciles play the game every day:trollface:

Edited by pmgaudio

Beta Testers
653 posts
13,839 battles

wait poi in chat is still a common thing? I thought we said good bye to every game poi since this game hit 2nd week of OBT.

PS I never see poi.... 

Edited by yamatotamura

[O7]
Members
5,393 posts
12,182 battles

How do people function in the world when a combination of letters triggers them.

• Cool 7

Beta Testers
653 posts
13,839 battles

How do people function in the world when a combination of letters triggers them.

You'd be surprised. 

Members
38 posts
4,173 battles

I like keeping poi around.  It's always amusing to see people start arguing in chat about politics and then you say "POI" and everyone immediately shuts up.:P

• Cool 1

[-KIA-]
SuperTest Coordinator, Volunteer Moderator, Clan Supertest Coordinator, Privateers
6,514 posts
8,485 battles

You're saying it's gone on for too long when you haven't reached your 300th battle yet.. smh

You haven't seen "poi" spam - that really ended a long time ago.

Edited by DarthDoge

[HINON]
Privateers, In AlfaTesters
7,775 posts
2,137 battles

My usual response is;

Then?

Then what?

:trollface:

• Cool 1