KDEstroy

Which container do you pick?

• You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.

Containers   75 members have voted

1. 1. What containers do you play the most?

• Credits
    • Signals and Camo
    • Consumables
    • Try your luck
    • I let the game pick for me
    • I have never opened a container

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

20 posts in this topic

Posted (edited) · Report post

I'm especially curious about the "try your luck" container, does anyone know the chances of pulling a supercontainer? Does anyone even pick it? I never do, and still manages to get supercontainers on a monthly basis.

Edited by KDEstroy

I used to use TYL exclusively until they added the new "upgrades. Now just choose credits as I figure I get 650k credits every 8 days or so and the other items are gravy.

TYL on NA because I am pretty full of stuff here already, Credits on EU because I don't have many credits there.

Despite a 7 to 10 container a week habit, I haven't picked a super container since before the Holiday Santa spree.  No worries though, I made out like a bandit on the Santa Boxes, so I figure I caught all my fish in the first cast. After a few months of Signal Flags and Camo early on, I now routinely pick Consumables.  It's all what you need and use, the only thing I'm ever short on is Free XP.  I might try to switch to the Try Your Luck's just for the novelty, and I'm curious to see what the new "upgrades" are all about.  I truly respect the Liberty Ship so the visit is always satisfying regardless - one of WG better ideas!  

I switched from TYL to Signals and Camo because if you do not get a Super in TYL you get 4 flags . Whereas Signals and Camo gets you a minimum of 12 flags max or 8 and camo  sometimes .  I usually sell the type 1 and 2 camo  and the chance of a Super is (iirc) only 1% less .   :honoring:

I do consumables because 6 consumables guaranteed = 135,000 credits each roll.  In addition you get one random grab bag and a half chance at supercontainer.  I understand why players go signals though, since many of them you can't buy.

Posted (edited) · Report post

I usually take the first two of the day as credits and if I get the third I usually take that as a TYL.

Edited by BrushWolf

Preferred checkboxes instead of pushbuttons, as I cycle through the credits, flags, and consumables with every turn.  I almost never pick the Try Your Luck.

S&C, I used to do TYL, but wasn't getting any SC.  So I figured might as well get more for my containers.

Switch back and forth between Signals and consumables usually.

I haven't tried a TYL container in a long time and it's been quite a while since I got a SC.

Signals and Camo...and it comes with the occasional extra beds.

Which box gives out port slot, anyway?

I generally like the signals and camo crate; i feel it's the most useful. 

Plus sometimes you get goodies like modules, cash, or even free xp. 

I started out taking the Signals but ended up always getting flags I never use (like lots of  ramming flags) so switched to Consumables. Tried but never got much from TYL.

I do camo and flags usually and once in a while consumables.

Signals and camo. Because some of them stack up with you captain skills. I got enough credits so problems there.

Signals and camo or credits when I'm low. I gave up on TYL: got three supercontainers so far and got a whopping 250 speed flags (since removed) and two, useless new upgrades. Yay.

TYL all day everyday. I've only chosen TYL since containers came out.

I usually took the TYL option for the first one because I seemed to have great luck at picking up 250 Sierra Mike signals in SCs. Too bad they were removed. My Lol-rado ate those things up. Now I usually go for the TYLs for the 750 FXP reward (which happens surprisingly often) or the Signals/Camo one to stock up on +100% XP camo for my next grind.

I take the signals crate as I play mostly co-op and very rarely earn them. I don't really use them in co-op and save them for my occasional foray into PvP. If I'm low on credits, I'll do the credit crate until I'm back in the black.

I go with the consumable containers these days. I earn plenty of credits and FXP in game; it's also easy to earn signal flags in game. So I save money by getting the containers besides the fact that many of the premium consumables can have a much bigger impact on a ship's performance than flags or camo.