Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Ju87s

IHFE for Bismarck

11 comments in this topic

[MPIRE]
[MPIRE]
Members
1,662 posts
24,181 battles

Just curious if anybody has tried this for the secondaries.  I have AFT and manual secondaries, and I will have 4 skill points available in about 100k xp and thought maybe it would be worth it to take the skill.  If anybody ahs tried it, is damage done worth no longer setting fires?

[SPTR]
Members
27,186 posts
16,945 battles

I haven't touched the KMS BB line at all through I have tried IFHE on my Dunkerque and its pretty worth it against even pursuing high tier cruisers I sank a Prinz Eugene with it,

but to the point if you can get your secondaries firing at enemy DDs and cruisers as much as you can I'd say it's worth it.

[V_KNG]
Beta Testers
13,115 posts

Problem lies in what you would have to give up to load it. Aeroon did a test in the training lab - video's on the forum somewhere... 

[WOLF1]
Members
9,915 posts
14,408 battles

NO.... FIres are so much more fun..... watch them BURN, after they have to hit repair when you start 3 fires in 8 seconds...

• Cool 1

[MPIRE]
[MPIRE]
Members
1,662 posts
24,181 battles

Problem lies in what you would have to give up to load it. Aeroon did a test in the training lab - video's on the forum somewhere... 

what would I be giving up?

[WOLF1]
Members
9,915 posts
14,408 battles

what would I be giving up?

Manual Sec....and that 10 KM range...... four tier 4 skills is a long road....

[MPIRE]
[MPIRE]
Members
1,662 posts
24,181 battles

Manual Sec....and that 10 KM range...... four tier 4 skills is a long road....

I said in my original post I already have those though

Members
91 posts
2,288 battles

Don't bother. If I get them within 9 km, the secondaries will generally kill them really fast already without BFT or AFT, not a 19 point cap yet. With those two I can see no reason why I would need special shells. Hitting those two will mean the ship will melt anyone in 10 km, very fast. 

IHFE just seems like it's trying to do what the Bizzie simply doesn't care about.

[RICO5]
Members
2,926 posts
5,943 battles

I played around with it a LOT and prefer the extra range from AFT and the damage from fires far outweighs the little extra damage from Fused HE.   The word on the street is that IFHE on your secondaries is hurting more than it helps until you get up to GK.   

Members
323 posts
5,699 battles

I prefer more fires and I just can't justify a 3rd 4 point skill and AFT/Manual Secondaries is far more important to me.

Also fires do some serious damage with the Bismarck.

Members
363 posts
11,789 battles

I'm pretty sure that KMS secondaries are already special in that the HE pens more than normal, 1/4 instead of the normal 1/6, so there isn't any point in taking it.

• Cool 1

Sign in to follow this