You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
ycebotz1

FIx your match making it's not even funny anymore.

23 comments in this topic

[JRGC-]
Members
2 posts
545 battles

Nothing much to say 3 man platoon all Yorks dropped in a tier 9 match with enemies having only 1 tier 7 ship while we had 4 including our platoon.Winning the game even before they start, might as well try to sell that in premium shop now too...shot-17.03.13_23.40.27-0541.jpg

shot-17.03.13_23.40.27-0541.jpg

[SYN]
[SYN]
Alpha Tester, Beta Testers
30,523 posts
5,697 battles

Nothing much to say 3 man platoon all Yorks dropped in a tier 9 match with enemies having only 1 tier 7 ship while we had 4 including our platoon.Winning the game even before they start, might as well try to sell that in premium shop now too...shot-17.03.13_23.40.27-0541.jpg

Be glad it's not like this:

DlqVuQZ.png

And btw, team one in that photo has a tier 7 highest, and team two has a tier 10 at the highest and a tier 3 at the bottom.

• Cool 2

[SHOJO]
Beta Testers
249 posts
1,756 battles

Working as intended I see, lol. That's one game. Come back when its like 50 games in a row. Then that is an actual issue. You just gotta deal with the in between shoddy ones.

• Cool 1

[INTEL]
Members
13,459 posts
37,281 battles

He means divisions.

If you are divisioned, you are more likely to be used to fill out a higher tier match, in my experience. MM treats you as a unit and can more easily plug you in where needed, which is usually two tiers higher since relatively lower tiers already have enough ships.

Remember, you are divisioned and have the advantages that go with that. Should have your teamchat open and be calling out opportunities and targets. Uptiering should not be too bad.

Also, a division of three Yorcks? Seriously? Then you don't have any complementary abilities that can help offset uptiering. Make sure your division includes a DD who can smoke the other ships, for example, or a BB who can tank for you, or a cruiser with excellent torps since Yorck has good guns, etc. 

[HINON]
[HINON]
Members
8,277 posts
12,149 battles

another MM thread? time to bring in the " we've seen this thread before and know how it's going to end" meme

Image result for here we go again gif imgur

God, i love this meme, perfect for these sort of threads that we have seen a million times

Edited by tcbaker777
  • Cool 1

Members
765 posts
2,849 battles

You were down-tiered by 2 on your side.  Your side had the only DD.  Their side had the only CV.  Really wierd match.  It's not the norm, so I'm not sure there is something to jump on and fix for WG.  I would give them an advantage.   But if you assigned random players to the same setup, I'm guessing the bad side (yours) would still win about 33% of the time.

[SYN]
[SYN]
30,523 posts
5,697 battles

You were down-tiered by 2 on your side.  Your side had the only DD.  Their side had the only CV.  Really wierd match.  It's not the norm, so I'm not sure there is something to jump on and fix for WG.  I would give them an advantage.   But if you assigned random players to the same setup, I'm guessing the bad side (yours) would still win about 33% of the time.

No they had a carrier, it was already destroyed.

Members
765 posts
2,849 battles

No they had a carrier, it was already destroyed.

I missed it, they also had a DD.  The mm didn't do a horrible job IMO.  You gotta have some variety in games.

[ANK-A]
Beta Testers
5 posts
20,648 battles

My biggest complaint with this game. Match making should be plus 1 or minus 1 PERIOD. For a tier 5 player that drops into a tier 7 match, his or her game is ruined. Yes they can still help but their "fun factor" is severely diminished. Playing this game is supposed to be more about fun than about frustration, however frustration seems to be the key feature with War Gaming. Personally, I cannot wait for Rising Storm Vietnam 2 to release. 

• Cool 1

[SYN]
[SYN]
30,523 posts
5,697 battles

My biggest complaint with this game. Match making should be plus 1 or minus 1 PERIOD. For a tier 5 player that drops into a tier 7 match, his or her game is ruined. Yes they can still help but their "fun factor" is severely diminished. Playing this game is supposed to be more about fun than about frustration, however frustration seems to be the key feature with War Gaming. Personally, I cannot wait for Rising Storm Vietnam 2 to release. 

+2MM is just fine, players just need to learn their place in those situations and stop trying to be John Rambo.
  • Cool 3

[HINON]
Members
13,707 posts

+2MM is just fine, players just need to learn their place in those situations and stop trying to be John Rambo.

But I love being rambo, they dont expect a low tier ship to kill them hehe and then I get all the bonus experience muwhahaha

qGBQEfP.gif

[DERE]
Members
212 posts
1,804 battles

Here's my take on it.

Wah.

Edited by shan5481
  • Cool 1

[SYN]
[SYN]
30,523 posts
5,697 battles

But I love being rambo, they dont expect a low tier ship to kill them hehe and then I get all the bonus experience muwhahaha

qGBQEfP.gif

Well only so many people understand how to do it. Most go in like it's dueling pistols at dawn. Then wonder why they get their @$$ kicked.

Members
765 posts
2,849 battles

The point of +2Tmm is variety, doing what you can with what you have, and exploiting the situation to the best of your ability.  You act like being uptiered equals a loss.  If you are the top dog in the match, much more responsibility is on you to perform well.  Besides, their is your match on the other side.  If you cant fight agressively, then support more, cap, defend cap,  maneuver, or even sacrifice yourself at the perfect time, to help your team win.   If you think the +2 tier ships are that much better... than spot for them, smoke for them, overlap your AA for them.  This is teamwork.  Without it, battles are usually lost.

Members
11,026 posts
30,428 battles

You know how people in divisions pull off 3man W/R 20% higher than their solo W/R?

Divisions should get tougher MM than a solo queue, like they apparently already do.

Perhaps figure out what it is about divisions that gives people an advantage and use it?

[CVLOV]
Beta Testers
3,640 posts
2,633 battles

another MM thread? time to bring in the " we've seen this thread before and know how it's going to end" meme

Well maybe if they stopped stalling and fixed it there wouldn't be a gazillion threads about it.

It's certainly working as intended... that's why it was changed in the first place, but everybody hates it.

If anything they just have to fix the goddarned low tier imbalances so being uptiered as a T3 isn't a death warrant.

I should not be able to outright kill 2 SCs and a Kawachi as a T3 cruiser.  I just should not (and it's stupidly easy; it's even easier as a DD).

And a Kawachi/SC should be able to be a menace to cruisers of T2, 3, 4 and 5 (to some degree).

That'll help player retention much more than protecting T4 and p*ssing-off most of your players by making T5/6 annoying to play, much more than T3/4 ever was before they where protected.

Edited by Francois424

Members
1,344 posts
14,270 battles

The problem with +2 MM games is that there's usually just 2 low tier guys dropped into the middle of a bunch of higher tier ships. Especially brutal when Emerald was dropped in with a bunch of 7s. You were essentially useless.

[SALVO]
Members
666 posts
14,650 battles

I should not be able to outright kill 2 SCs and a Kawachi as a T3 cruiser.  I just should not (and it's stupidly easy; it's even easier as a DD).

And a Kawachi/SC should be able to be a menace to cruisers of T2, 3, 4 and 5 (to some degree).

That's not a MM problem, it is an experienced player taking advantage of 3 clueless new players, probably shooting HE back at you.