Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Tpaktop2_1

VMF Okhotnik - The Whale Hunter - first play 20170313 - 93k Damage

8 comments in this topic

[TFK]
[TFK]
Alpha Tester
1,676 posts
20,724 battles

I got to admit this ship draws me in. And after doing a 93k in damage with this ship is good value for anyone's port. As a tier 5 Soviet DD with Qty. 7 – 130mm guns and 12 torpedo tubes, What's not to like? Limitations are limitations in build, but it's all how you use them. And if done right, this ship has a “Can Do” attitude.

This match was fought on the Trident map. I was on the east side looking to see who I can shoot. I shot at the enemy DDs with no effect. I then saw an Emerald and was trying to get a good shot on him, however he has friends and I retreat for a different attack after being shot up. I then went back when I saw the enemy Nagato was real close to the island that I was using for a shield and torped him when he turned the corner. I then decide to distract the enemy by making a fake run on their base to draw the lines back to me. I was then surprised running into a enemy Nurnburg. I kept on running because the enemy Furutaka and the Nurnburg decided to chase me down.

I then ran into an enemy AFK Schors. I closed and launch all my torps due to not knowing what the RNG effect would be playing this ship for the first time. I was then getting pew-pew hits by the enemy Shinome He got the killing shot on me, while I still had a killing shot on him. In the end the team lost the match. The enemy had an AFK, we had one too. Our Konig battleship was out of position to help the team. 

Still I like this ship. I have to work on the gun turret  rotation so I don't die like I did with the enemy Shinome.

I got my first play Okhotnik video here from my YouTube Channel

Note : the video is still in 720p untit YouTube converts the video to in 1080p format.

Edited by Tpaktop2_1

[WG-CC]
[WG-CC]
Members, Members
855 posts
8,983 battles

I love the Okhotnik so far, it's a really fun ship. I'm not afraid of T7 ships in it.

[SYN]
Members
15,875 posts
12,803 battles

I love the Okhotnik so far, it's a really fun ship. I'm not afraid of T7 ships in it.

It's concealment beats even the best T6/7 stealth ships, Shiratsuyu and Hatsuharu.

Which is a bit broken when you think about the firepower Ohkotnik packs.

[ARGSY]
Members
10,326 posts
16,093 battles

it is another one of those OP russian premium that won't be sold again   so get it now if you want one.

Members
4,203 posts
8,877 battles

Okhotnik - I am attracted to odd ships that were test beds or never made it off the drawing board. So I got this DD to go with my USS Smith, and so far I found if I treat him like low riding RN cruiser I do okay with him (my fault I am not very good), but planes are a pain for him just like the LWM said it would be. And this is in Co-Op, will trying Random later with him, once I get to know him better.

Sign in to follow this