You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
jeffreywalker74656

ETA on Alabama ?

39 comments in this topic

Beta Testers
403 posts
16,465 battles

We started getting our tease videos on Friday and LWM did her review Saturday. Normally that would mean its imminent instead today they release that RU DD. If Alabama isn't coming out till after that DD goes off sale that is a pretty big tease/slap for those of us so eagerly looking forward to her (despite any citadel complaints). So when do you think we will see her come out ?

[HINON]
Privateers, In AlfaTesters
7,775 posts
2,137 battles

Every thread on the Alabama pushes her release back an hour :trollface:

• Cool 6

[WG-CC]
[WG-CC]
Members, Members
855 posts
8,985 battles

Probably the Friday following when Okhotnik is removed from the store. That's my best guess.

[HINON]
Privateers, In AlfaTesters
7,775 posts
2,137 battles

Yeah that's not funny or helpful. I think my point is valid. 

It's a joke, relax.

As far as that Russian... (ship..? I dunno what to call it, tbh) thing goes, it was teased before Alabama, so it's only naturally we'd see her first. The only reason we knew about Alabama so much earlier was because of that... that maelstrom back in December. If I'm to be honest, I'd guess we see her by Friday at the latest, but don't quote me on that.

[RCNW3]
Members
1,943 posts
20,063 battles

Probably the Friday following when Okhotnik is removed from the store. That's my best guess.

looks like it is on sale for 16 days....

Beta Testers
403 posts
16,465 battles

looks like it is on sale for 16 days....

Yeah I know and I got her today as a hold over until Alabama comes because she looks pretty cool but I still want Alabama sooner rather than later. 

[HINON]
Privateers
6,266 posts
3,308 battles

Do I have to say it then? 

SoonTM

• Cool 2

[VX9]
Beta Testers
420 posts
12,734 battles

Running joke with another game on releases was "2 weeks"...seems to fit...

Members
858 posts
1,810 battles

Yeah I know and I got her today as a hold over until Alabama comes because she looks pretty cool but I still want Alabama sooner rather than later. 

You've read the reviews, right?  I mean, according to Flamu she is garbage, and anyone who buys her is garbage.

EDIT:  Ne'er mind, I should've read your sig first. :)  Hope she is in your port soon!

Edited by Battleship_Dunkerque

[PVE]
Members
188 posts
5,227 battles

You've read the reviews, right?  I mean, according to Flamu she is garbage, and anyone who buys her is garbage.

EDIT:  Ne'er mind, I should've read your sig first. :)  Hope she is in your port soon!

One man's garbage is another man's treasure. I think I'll pass, maybe pick it up later.

[CALM]
Beta Testers
6,831 posts
5,175 battles

Probably with 6.2.1 or 6.3.

They rarely release new Premiums at the same time, or during the sale of another new one.  So 16 days is the likeliest.

That way, they can fully milk the Otternik's sales before milking the Alabama sales, knowing full well that some will be hard-pressed to save their cash, and will give in and buy both.  Also, to allow enough time for people to save up enough cash to buy Alabama now that reviews are out.

[CHASE]
[CHASE]
Members
4,578 posts
12,604 battles

Just as long as its after the start of next month. I cant afford to get it right now because of my computer failure last couple weeks and had to buy the second cheapest computer at Walmart. I hope this is the case.

[SPTR]
Members
2,462 posts
2,248 battles

According to Flamu. While every single other reviewer, including Mousey and Zoup, have said that she is good with a skilled captain. I think she'll be fun. Not OP... But certainly not trash. The only bad thing I see is the citadel, and angling will solve that most of the time.

Alpha Tester
4,252 posts
9,421 battles

I couldn't care less. I never buy 'Lollipops for Suckers' here in WoWS.

Go ahead & get ripped off by WG if you want to.

WG wants you to buy all they offer (it's like the Ring in LoTR).

Edited by aethervox

Members
989 posts

We do not even know if it will be in the premium shop. Could be like the Missouri and you need free XP to get her. So just sit back and wait it will be here soon enough.

[HINON]
Privateers
6,266 posts
3,308 battles

I couldn't care less. I never buy 'Lollipops for Suckers' here in WoWS.

Go ahead & get ripped off by WG if you want to.

WG wants you to buy all they offer (it's like the Ring in LoTR).

I quite like my lollipops. I also like supporting the company of such a great game. When the two coincide—well, I couldn't be happier. 
  • Cool 1

Beta Testers
403 posts
16,465 battles

Flamu is a very negative reviewer of everything. I trust Little White Mouse, Notser, Zoup, Ichase way more. And I am a huge fan of all US Navy ships. And Alabama especially has a deep personal value to me. So flawed/imperfect or not I am getting her and excited. I have no real probably succeeding in Iowa or Montana so I doubt her Citadel will be much problem for me.

[HINON]
Alpha Tester
24,712 posts
19,904 battles

according to Flamu

Flamu is not the be-all-end-all judge on anything, no matter how much people bow down to his shadow and lick his boots. More CCs say that Alabama is good than say she's bad. and I'll trust my own judgment, having put 25+ battles in Alabama, more than one angry a-hole's opinion on youtube. Especially since Flamu uses clickbait tactics and extreme opinions, making his judgment on ships far less nuanced and thus far less reliable.

As for when she's released: We don't know. Watch for official announcements.

• Cool 1

[WG-CC]
Privateers, Members
9,091 posts
7,978 battles

Do I have to say it then? 

SoonTM

Seriously, why is this not obvious? If there is no official release date, what are you expecting OP? That we magically generate a date using combined willpower?

[HINON]
Privateers
6,266 posts
3,308 battles

Flamu is not the be-all-end-all judge on anything, no matter how much people bow down to his shadow and lick his boots. More CCs say that Alabama is good than say she's bad. and I'll trust my own judgment, having put 25+ battles in Alabama, more than one angry a-hole's opinion on youtube. Especially since Flamu uses clickbait tactics and extreme opinions, making his judgment on ships far less nuanced and thus far less reliable.

I mean, I trust his technical expertise and advice—to a degree. There's a lot that I can say I've learned from him, and others. 

Though, yeah. He is a 'bit' of an A-hull at times. (Tasteful understatement....)

Edited by RivertheRoyal

Beta Testers
403 posts
16,465 battles

I don't get why some people think this Flamu guy is the ultimate authority. He is negative and angry every time I see him.

Beta Testers
403 posts
16,465 battles

Seriously, why is this not obvious? If there is no official release date, what are you expecting OP? That we magically generate a date using combined willpower?

No I was asking for opinions. That's all. 

[HINON]
Alpha Tester
24,712 posts
19,904 battles

I mean, I trust his technical expertise and advice—to a degree. There's a lot that I can say I've learned from him

I don't get why some people think this Flamu guy is the ultimate authority. He is negative and angry every time I see him.

He's undeniably a great player, and a league above myself. For the rest - well, I won't say outright negative things about him. Live and let live, and all that. I'll just say I'm not subscribed to him, because I'm very familiar with his work and his type of personality.

Some people like Flamu's work, which is fine. Different strokes, I guess. I'm just not Flamu's target audience.

I respect him on a technical level. He's a great player. I do not respect him on any other level though, and I watch youtubes to be entertained, not to be annoyed.

• Cool 3