Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Bill_Halsey

Carriers have no magazines?

• You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.

10 posts in this topic

I was looking into the detonation mechanics and it stated carriers have no magazines. May not have main gun magazines but those bombs and torpedoes (not to mention avgas) qualifies as such IMO. Matter of fact the description of a carrier in WWII is "Joe Louis with a glass jaw".  Any reason why the devs went this route? Aside from play balance?

For balance reasons WG has elected to only model main battery magazines with hitboxes and detonation chances. Carriers don't have main batteries. This was decided years ago.

But you can still citadel them. I'm not sure what OP wants. A found carrier, in range, is pretty much dead.

I've citadeled one with an HE round. Had always wondered why I never had detonations before. Well good to know. Thanks.

Posted (edited) · Report post

5000 battles? Sweet baby Jesus Bill, maybe read through this...

http://wiki.wargaming.net/en/World_of_Warships

Never had detonations on carriers I captained. Yeah and reading the wiki was what prompted the question. I did state that in the OP. Happened on DD's lots of times.

Edited by Bill_Halsey

A CV that's spotted is usually dead anyways. You could say the increased fire damage they take is a fair trade for no mag detonations, because the last thing CVs need as a class are more pitfalls. 

A CV that's spotted is usually dead anyways. You could say the increased fire damage they take is a fair trade for no mag detonations, because the last thing CVs need as a class are more pitfalls. 

They are vulnerable enough as it is, leave the mags out. 

y'know.. i've been detonated by an air dropped torpedo before..

i vote give CVs detonation boxes. just for giggles.

then make all detonations into the massive explosions they should be.

nuke_zpsojehm7pr.gif

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0