You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Doomlock

After two years of playing, I finally got her...

34 comments in this topic

[HINON]
Privateers, Privateers
6,800 posts
5,039 battles

I started playing WoWs during the second Beta weekend which started January 23-25, 2015. Of course not two months later on March 12, the closed beta began. 

I had signed up to try and become an alpha tester for the game way back in July, 2013 as evidenced by my 'member since' stat under my name, but sadly that never happened. Fast forward to beta weekend I begin playing and look at the ships and what I can do in the game. I didn't play all that much in the weekend but started playing a lot once closed beta came around, then I really started digging into the game. I originally was going down the US cruiser line for the Des Moines due to the autoloading 8" guns, but I had a lot of fun in my Japanese ships including getting my first Kraken in my Aoba on Ocean before the achievements were added to the game. I just got to Mogami when the final reset hit and had to start over, it was then I chose to go down the IJN cruiser line and ultimately get the mighty Zaō.

Finally on just over my Two year anniversary in truly playing this amazing game, I've accomplished my goal:

Uy9pCsl.jpg

I have finally gotten my first Tier X ship, the Zaō. :medal:

Don't worry, my goals have been changed up now that I have her and I believe I'm gonna make my next T10 either Yamato, or Großer Kurfürst.

I love this game and I hope to have more proud warships moments like this in the future.

Fair winds and following seas captains! :honoring:

• Cool 10

Beta Testers
578 posts
990 battles

Awesome man! My story follows closely to yours, and I haven't gotten a T10 yet. Whoops. Anyways, congrats! The Zao looks absolutely phenomenal to play and I hope you have fun.

Best of luck!

[WG-CC]
Privateers, Members
9,091 posts
7,978 battles

How is the Zao? Is she as broken as people claim her to be?

Members
3,679 posts
8,111 battles

XLWNvjT.jpg

Just kidding, good effort, enjoy!

Edited by The_first_harbinger

[SYN]
[SYN]
Alpha Tester, Beta Testers
30,523 posts
5,705 battles

MORE HE CANCER!

XLWNvjT.jpg

My Des Moines says:

AV3a30e.gif

• Cool 1

[HINON]
Privateers, Privateers
6,800 posts
5,039 battles

How is the Zao? Is she as broken as people claim her to be?

I've only played one match in her so far, so I'm not one to judge yet. However I can say that her shells hit like a truck, just like US superheavy. Seriously, they weigh as much, if not slightly more than superheavy. Couple that with 900+ ms shell velocity, 13.7 second reload, 3600 HE damage, 20-22% fire chance, great AP pen, nearly 6K AP damage, and great cruiser armor, she is very powerful.

[HINON]
Privateers, Privateers
6,800 posts
5,039 battles

My Des Moines says:

AV3a30e.gif

My first and only game so far in the Zao, I hit a Des Moines maybe twice, citadel. :P

Members
515 posts
306 battles

I started playing WoWs during the second Beta weekend which started January 23-25, 2015. Of course not two months later on March 12, the closed beta began. 

I had signed up to try and become an alpha tester for the game way back in July, 2013 as evidenced by my 'member since' stat under my name, but sadly that never happened. Fast forward to beta weekend I begin playing and look at the ships and what I can do in the game. I didn't play all that much in the weekend but started playing a lot once closed beta came around, then I really started digging into the game. I originally was going down the US cruiser line for the Des Moines due to the autoloading 8" guns, but I had a lot of fun in my Japanese ships including getting my first Kraken in my Aoba on Ocean before the achievements were added to the game. I just got to Mogami when the final reset hit and had to start over, it was then I chose to go down the IJN cruiser line and ultimately get the mighty Zaō.

Finally on just over my Two year anniversary in truly playing this amazing game, I've accomplished my goal:

Uy9pCsl.jpg

I have finally gotten my first Tier X ship, the Zaō. :medal:

Don't worry, my goals have been changed up now that I have her and I believe I'm gonna make my next T10 either Yamato, or Großer Kurfürst.

I love this game and I hope to have more proud warships moments like this in the future.

Fair winds and following seas captains! :honoring:

Congrats. Maybe we'll meet at Tier X sometime- I'll be in a Yamato.

[HINON]
[HINON]
Beta Testers
5,913 posts
5,644 battles

Grats man. My first t10 was Des Monies not long ago and she is everything I hoped for. I got Gearing and Montana recently too. I like both, but OMG Gearing is legit awesome. 

I hope your enjoying the fruits of your labors too. 

Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
339 posts
4,345 battles

nicely done. so many of us in your boat. im up to the myoko, where i was before the whipe on IJN Ca's. but my highest tier ship is the BIsmarck, bc, well, its the Bismarck:trollface:

play this every time i take her out :D

Beta Testers
1,896 posts
9,565 battles
Edited by StingRayOne

[HINON]
Privateers
6,266 posts
3,308 battles

Have fun with your brand new ninja flame-thrower. :trollface:

I always feel dirty when playing mine. 

[HYD]
Members
7,105 posts
5,289 battles

I've been playing for about a year and 4 months now, and I started with IJN CAs, yet I haven't reached the Zao yet. Part of the problem is that Ibuki just seems a bit "meh" for me. 

[SYN]
Members
15,875 posts
12,803 battles

I really have to finish off playing Ibuki, which I feel is a boaring ship.

[HINON]
Privateers
6,266 posts
3,308 battles

vSCLyD0.gif

h7JIZ95.jpg?1
  • Cool 2

[HINON]
Privateers, Privateers
6,800 posts
5,039 battles

Congrats. I just got your nemesis the Moskva yesterday. I'll keep an eye out for you. ;)

Only after I see you and sneak in close. :playing:

[LRM]
Members
2,958 posts
8,118 battles

.....ok then

Though I regularly play lots of lower tier ships, I cast off on a tier X now and then.

tierX_zps2oxiyyfy.jpg

You probably just made him feel small and insignificant.

[RLGN]
Members
14,924 posts
26,442 battles

Grats man. My first t10 was Des Monies not long ago and she is everything I hoped for.

If I could go back in time I might do so...

Did a HUGE fxp skip to get Des Moines, (Erie, Chester, St Louis, Cleveland, Des Moines... 'Reasons,') after100 games I finally parked it and haven't felt like using it ever since...

Self-inflicted pain, suffering, and salty tears have left me with such a sense of bitterness I can't stand getting anywhere near tier ten.

Congrats, and may you have more fun playing at that level than I likely ever will.