You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Shadowrigger1

.6.3 Changes to Invis fire and your Commanders

6.3 Changes  

79 members have voted

1. 1. Do you think we will get a retraing?

• Yes
    • No
    • Unsure
  2. 2. Do you think we should get a retrain?

• Yes
    • No
    • Unsure

33 comments in this topic

[ADR]
Members
4,465 posts
16,300 battles

With this up coming change to the ability of ships to "invis fire", do you think they are going to give us a fresh round of commander retrains?  This in my opinion is going to be a MAJOR change to how the game is played and how ships perform compared to how they currently do.  I realize they are still working on it, and we have yet to see what exactly they are going to do as far as this goes, but with a change as big as this to how the game works/plays, do you think they should be giving a chance for players to re-adapt their commanders ?

Edited by Shadowrigger1

Beta Testers
578 posts
990 battles

Honestly? I do not think they are going to give us ANOTHER retrain. While it may be nice, that would not fit the current meta I do believe. I feel bad for all those people like Flamu who are gonna have to redo all their commander skills videos and commentaries on various ships.

[FOXEH]
Beta Testers
3,985 posts
2,106 battles

Need an 'unsure' option for the first question, but a free (or at least heavily discounted) retrain would indeed be nice.

[O7]
Members
5,393 posts
12,200 battles

Not sure why you need a full retrain. Maybe at best take away anyone's AFT investment.

Not sure why you wouldn't want it. You take the range to shoot people, invisifire was just there.

[O_O]
[O_O]
Members
5,104 posts
22,702 battles

I don't think we will get a retrain. Sure, AFT gives you the range to invisifire but the key is it gives you the range to shoot. That isn't changing. DD's will still be a hard target at 12.2 - 14.36km away (my Anshan) whether I am invisifiring or not.

What I hope is if that they might have reduced the detection duration for smaller caliber guns. A 130mm gun does not flare as bright as a 403mm gun. Duration doesn't have to be 20 seconds. Maybe drop duration to 8 or 10 seconds. Vary it by caliber. That would make the loss of invisifiring tolerable.

I am definitely going to participate in the public test of 6.3 to find out...

[SYN]
[SYN]
Alpha Tester, Beta Testers
30,523 posts
5,705 battles

Not sure why you need a full retrain. Maybe at best take away anyone's AFT investment.

Not sure why you wouldn't want it. You take the range to shoot people, invisifire was just there.

Only DDs I have AFT with anymore are Russian and I'm not trying to stealth fire with them in the first place. Except Gremyashchy. And sad as I am I'm losing that, I'm just going to be firing at long range anyways so not too much of a readjustment.

Members
2,709 posts
17,046 battles

I'm always up for a free retrain, so I'll vote yes to that, but this change will do nothing to my play style. I rarely ever play a match around an invisi-fire strategy.

[SCCC]
Members
3,177 posts
12,857 battles

"Major" change? I'd say it is the exact opposite. Getting rid of stealth firing will only force people to be more effective. Anyone who thinks that stealth firing is the way a certain ship should be played is not playing it right.

I've tried stealth firing in maybe less than 1% of my games. That's how ineffective I find it to be.

[WOLF1]
Members
9,915 posts
14,408 battles

they should just make the update ..... and make all ships BBs now... seems that is what if sort of is anyway   :trollface:

• Cool 2

[WOLF1]
Members
9,915 posts
14,408 battles

"Major" change? I'd say it is the exact opposite. Getting rid of stealth firing will only force people to be more effective. Anyone who thinks that stealth firing is the way a certain ship should be played is not playing it right.

I've tried stealth firing in maybe less than 1% of my games. That's how ineffective I find it to be.

1at6hw_zps0iade866.jpg

I mean absolutely NO DISRESPECT my friend... but it was a big part of small HP ships ability to just annoy BBs... the ones that whined about it making the game suck were ones that did not know how to WASD or get the job done....

Some ships rely on it for a small portion of their ability to dictate a battle....

IMHO I think that the more I hear about people saying that "the BBs whine and continue to get WG to change everything to strictly thier advantage" seems to start making sense...

I am an average player that has a GREAT FUN TIME playing this game.. I adapt well to all the changes WG makes to the game... but.... this meta is lame and making these changes is not going to make it change anymore than the attempts at repair bills did, or torp nerfs, or anything..

But the fact does seem to point to the BB squeaks get the grease every time.... 

I particularly do not care much. I get used to it it changes and get used to it again.... the RDF scandal was overwhelmingly inaccurate and the sky never fell... HOWEVER.... this change I fear will make for a lot of angry players that do NOT BB main.... it will fill these forums with more than we need to hear about...

I also believe we will be seeing a lot more, and I mean A LOT more,torpedoes.... maybe more than before, and the IJN DD line will be stacked...

I think it is a terrible idea to make this change so abruptly but hey it is a free game and WG does what BB CAPTAINS, WG wants

Edited by pmgaudio
  • Cool 3

[-K-]
Members
8,491 posts
14,883 battles

Exactly.

AFT is still beneficial whether you have stealth-fire capability or not.

[ZR]
Members
984 posts
12,319 battles

I never took invisifiring into account when setting up my captains, didn't need it then, don't need it now.  I can just WASD hack against shells shot at range which is more helpful for the team by wasting salvos that would have been shot at them.

[SYN]
[SYN]
Alpha Tester, Beta Testers
30,523 posts
5,705 battles

Exactly.

AFT is still beneficial whether you have stealth-fire capability or not.

Range for a Blyskawika, Gremlin, or any RU DD is your friend. Why you wouldn't want AFT? Beyond me.

Members
1,583 posts
11,122 battles

Several IJN DD are getting their range buffed as well most notably akizuki which gains slightly more than 2km last I heard so you may not need AFT anymore.
Edited by Rouxi

Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
8,843 posts
7,637 battles

The only retraining I think I would need is on akizuki... I never tended to rely on stealth firing unless it was in that ship... because honestly thats the only thing I found that it did well.

• Cool 1

[V_KNG]
Beta Testers
13,117 posts

Honestly? I do not think they are going to give us ANOTHER retrain. While it may be nice, that would not fit the current meta I do believe. I feel bad for all those people like Flamu who are gonna have to redo all their commander skills videos and commentaries on various ships.

Who knows... maybe this is the brick to tip the wheelbarrow over the edge... maybe he'll go find some Power Pony games to critique. 

[ADR]
Members
4,465 posts
16,300 battles

It's not about taking AFT for the benefit of Invis fire,  We don't know all the changes going in, but if it is as stated by others. " detection will move to your maximum gun range",  I have a few ships that I could take AFT off of to keep me from extending my detection after firing.

[SWFSH]
[SWFSH]
Beta Testers
2,504 posts
6,178 battles

The only retraining I think I would need is on akizuki... I never tended to rely on stealth firing unless it was in that ship... because honestly thats the only thing I found that it did well.

If they remove stealthfire the only thing she has left is an AA build, and I think most of us know how effective that will be against a dedicated tier 8+ carrier strike (not very). Not to mention you don't get to zoom around and shoot things.

I'd LOVE to be a support ship providing AA and smokes for my team, but WG barely rewards that behavior, so what's in it for me? By building like that I'm cutting into my own performance to support my team with no compensation, only loss. 

[SYN]
Members
15,876 posts
12,803 battles

Several IJN DD are getting their range buffed as well most notably akizuki which gains slightly more than 2km last I heard so you may not need AFT anymore.

I want sauce of this info.

Members
117 posts
7,001 battles

Personally I don't really need one.Off the top of my head the only change I might consider is removing AFT from my Blys captain but I'm sure there are others that may have captains that benefit from a respec. I guess we'll see soon enough.

Edited by Slyv

[NG-NL]
Members
6,270 posts
10,102 battles

It's just removal of an annoying mechanic, not captain rework. Don't see the need of a retrain.

Members
1,583 posts
11,122 battles

I want sauce of this info.

It's a leak so look to the usual place.

Members
2,997 posts
1,449 battles

Invisifire should go away completely.  Ships should be visible from each end of the board.  Only limiting factor being mountains to block map pings, smoke to block LoS, agility and WASD hacks to avoid fire, teamwork to keep each other alive for mutual support and range and accuracy to prevent 32km range shots.