You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
HazeGrayUnderway

Okhotnik turns up the Ridiculousness!

76 comments in this topic

[WOLF3]
Members
28,180 posts
24,550 battles

I snagged up the new Tier V Premium RU DD, Okhotnik.  My first match before I had to go was a 68k + Kraken show.  Replay here if you wanted to see how it behaved.  As I said in the replay notes my build isn't finalized.  Here's a picture of her in port with some stats "as is" going into that battle.

CLAxlDT.jpg

Again if you look at my build, I'm sure you can poke a lot of holes in that.  I wasn't quite satisfied as I was trying for a stealthier (5.7km with camo and CE), all-around build.  It worked but during the battle, the guns blew me away.  I only had BFT and I didn't have EM nor AFT!  She has SEVEN 130mm guns and can put 12, 4.5km ranged torpedoes into the water.

I haven't played new Tier V Podvoisky from the DD split.  But I do have Gremy and I had some good times in old Tier V Gnevny.  Gremy is gonna Gremy and is the better all around DD, but Okhotnik has 7 guns to Gremy's 4.  Original Tier V Gnevny had 4 guns also but far, far less torpedoes (6).  Both Gremy and Gnevny had slow traversing turrets.  Okhotnik in port has very mediocre turret traverse times but honestly, it didn't feel bad at all to me.

Fish! Fish! Fish!

WxPkgho.jpg

urUnMxm.jpg

Edited by HazeGrayUnderway
  • Cool 6

[B-Z]
Members
1,684 posts
18,443 battles

Hey me too :) 

My khaba captain fits well. This ship is basically half a krasny krym with great concealment. Bottom tier 100% of the time and not even a problem.

4XpIl9n.jpg

Members
5,575 posts
7,121 battles

NICE! I hope you enjoy her.

I was going to purchase, but I've decided to start spending my money on another game.

Took WG a long time to beat me down, but they succeeded.

Edited by Wulfgarn

[INTEL]
Members
13,459 posts
37,300 battles

I played a bunch of games with it in Co-op. So much wheeeeeeeeeee!! Haven't taken it into Random, but will do so with my 19 pt captain in it. Can't wait.

The turret traverse is not an issue because the guns have 360 degree traverse.

The torps are so much torp. Six torps on this BB, then swing round, and 6 more on that BB. Hilarious. Then 47 seconds later: 12 more torps! Wheeeeee!

Members
4,203 posts
8,877 battles

I am not sure, I like it. It is a odd ship, so maybe.

I love my USS Smith.

Edited by Kenneth_Armstrong

[WOLF3]
Members
28,180 posts
24,550 battles

I played a bunch of games with it in Co-op. So much wheeeeeeeeeee!! Haven't taken it into Random, but will do so with my 19 pt captain in it. Can't wait.

The turret traverse is not an issue because the guns have 360 degree traverse.

The torps are so much torp. Six torps on this BB, then swing round, and 6 more on that BB. Hilarious. Then 47 seconds later: 12 more torps! Wheeeeee!

Exactly!  Statistically, the guns should be rusted to the hull like Gnevny.  However, even without EM, it was manageable because the guns traverse the way you described.  This isn't like a turret that due to superstructure, would have to make a very long rotation.  This is like Imp.Nikolai I's turrets, but in faster, DD form.

As for the torps?

Members
4,203 posts
8,877 battles

UPDATE!!

Just got a email "You purchased "Okhotnik Fully Loaded" bundle in the Wargaming.net Premium Shop".

Got love my wife she just got it for me.

To bad I am at work right now, I have to wait :(

• Cool 1

[INTEL]
Members
3,265 posts
6,603 battles

Seriously, WG, quit screwing around with Italians and French and give us real (Russian) ships!

I hear Russian CVs can fly and the BBs have missiles. Any truth to that?

Edited by CapnCappy

[-K-]
Members
8,491 posts
14,883 battles

UPDATE!!

Just got a email "You purchased "Okhotnik Fully Loaded" bundle in the Wargaming.net Premium Shop".

Got love my wife she just got it for me.

To bad I am at work right now, I have to wait :(

That's awesome!  She's a keeper :great:

My wife thinks my love for this game is the bane of all things, so hell would have to freeze over before she ever supported my love of it.

• Cool 1

Members
4,203 posts
8,877 battles

That's awesome!  She's a keeper :great:

My wife thinks my love for this game is the bane of all things, so hell would have to freeze over before she ever supported my love of it.

I lucked out she plays computer games also :)

LoTR Online and Ultima Online

Alpha Tester
4,252 posts
9,421 battles

What is going to happen is every Okhotnik encountered will be focus fired down asap.

Thar's how a stake will be driven through this Rediculousness.

Members
4,203 posts
8,877 battles

LoL could you see a game with about 6 of these on one side working together LoL:hiding:

Members
6,737 posts
21,145 battles

Another vote for....Buy this ship!

Tinklepants giggles in this thing, bully Kamikazi's out of initial caps, set them on fire, by the time reload is up they have repaired and set them on fire again. Only two games in and have been top xp earner in both, also bottom tier both games. 12 point captain, and fire setting is over 10% (used flags). One of my kills was a torp kill, but with practice, this things crazy torp opportunities will provide many many double strikes with a good ambush. You do get hit hard as I died in both games reasonably early too but still netting over 250k credits, top xp earner and laughing the whole time. Fun ship!

Members
4,203 posts
8,877 battles

What is going to happen is every Okhotnik encountered will be focus fired down asap.

Yea most likely but it still sounds like a fun ship to me, and I like strange ships that were thought about - i.e. paper ships, or actually built. And I into the game for fun so that is why I wanted it.:)

Heck I would even buy the Russian monitor Novgorod if WG made him. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Russian_monitor_Novgorod

[-GPS-]
Members
2,907 posts
36,612 battles

Be careful switching back and forth between this thing and Pod. Pod can't hide, but she can run. Okhotnik is slow - slow top speed, slow acceleration, and s-l-o-w turning. Requires a different play style. You can't just kite away laughing hysterically as everyone misses you while you go 45 knots in Pod. Ambushes are a little more difficult with slower speed, but it can be done!

Still 7x130mm into enemy DD => FUN.  And the new Tier 5 "wall of skill" is virtually unavoidable.  I can hear the BBabies crying already :D

Edited by Landing_Skipper

[WOLF3]
Members
28,180 posts
24,550 battles

She's fast and stealthy though.  Hell she has better stealth than Gremyaschy.  But Gremy has longer range guns and torps, but her turrets are rusty.  Okhotnik can respectably dance and keep guns trained but her gun range isn't all that.

But the ones that should be worried are the DDs in your team.  Again, Okhotnik is stealthy with CE+Camo at 5.7km.  And when she encounters the DDs of your team, she has SEVEN GODD@MN GUNS and can put 12 fish in the water, immediately without having to do any crazy maneuvering.  She is a DD killer first and foremost and work on BBs and such is bonus.

Still 7x130mm into enemy DD => FUN.  And the new Tier 5 "wall of skill" is virtually unavoidable.  I can hear the BBabies crying already :D

Yeah, 7 guns on a Tier V DD!  But think of how a target DD feels with 7 guns slamming on it :trollface:

As for BBs, in that replay I had was this moment after me and another DD gangbanged a BB:

opgbfpz.jpg

The BB wasn't a happy camper but that's okay, another of his DDs was about to join him.

[SYN]
Members
15,874 posts
12,803 battles

7x 130mm/55 guns in T5

With concealment better than Hatsuharu/Shiratsuyu

It will get to dictate the engagement and deal a heavy opening salvo to other DDs and cruisers.

At least with Minekaze/Mutsuki/Kamikaze/Fujin, you know their guns are worse than T7 ships, even if your concealment is worse.

Okhotnik, on the other hand, has plenty of guns to put in the hurt against DDs, and most ships won't out spot it.

[WOLF3]
Members
28,180 posts
24,550 battles

7x 130mm/55 guns in T5

With concealment better than Hatsuharu/Shiratsuyu

It will get to dictate the engagement and deal a heavy opening salvo to other DDs and cruisers.

At least with Minekaze/Mutsuki/Kamikaze/Fujin, you know their guns are worse than T7 ships, even if your concealment is worse.

Okhotnik, on the other hand, has plenty of guns to put in the hurt against DDs, and most ships won't out spot it.

She's a break from the norm of most RU DDs.  They eventually have abysmal concealment ranges (Yes I know, Gremy but she's not in the store anymore).  But Okhotnik has great stealth, the 5.7km surprised the s--t out of me, but also the short base gun range is different.  Her gun range without AFT is 9.2km and with the trait it should take her to 11.04km.  For RU DDs that is very, very short.  But Okhotnik also has highly unusual, useful gun traverse.

This boat is for anti-DD work first and foremost.  Everything else is gravy.  How fun is it for one's DD to get 5 or so hits in one salvo from another DD?  A sharp contrast to the typical Run & Gun RU DD style.

[ARGSY]
Members
10,326 posts
16,093 battles

it is also very low to the water, making it tough to hit with guns. 11km  is more than enough to have guns miss.   get it now before they never sell it again.  lol  I don't need another DD though.

• Cool 1